Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 02:52 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
You are naive or just intentionally ignoring common sense.
Neither, and your insinuation is rude. Read what Comey wrote. "Common sense" dictates that if you believe anything he wrote (like there is reason to reopen the investigation) then you must believe everything he wrote (like they haven't reviewed the emails yet).

However, at the least your reply made clear that you know you made it up. Now the question is whether you'll take accountability for what you wrote and admit that you have absolutely no information about what the FBI may have or may not have read yet.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
You are naive or just intentionally ignoring common sense. Investigators find emails while investigating Weiner and immediately stop reading when they see that the emails relate to Huma State Department work? Nope not buying it. They read them and after doing so handed them over as evidence in HRC investigation.
Um, as I understand it, it was FBI agents investigating Weiner. So they notified Comey, who then wrote the letter. Which explicitly says that these emails are not being called evidence, nor is it yet known whether they are relevant to the (now-closed) investigation of Clinton's private server.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Where's your proof that this is what happened? According to the FBI, Clinton's staff had ordered the contractor managing the server to delete the emails in December, and the subpoena wasn't issued until March.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:53 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
And the emails were not deleted until after the subpoena was issued. All we have is their word they were ordered deleted in December. Forget all that, it was illegal to delete State Department emails to begin with!!
Quote:
In December 2014, after the work-related emails were preserved, Mills told Platte River Networks – which at the time was managing Clinton’s private server – that Clinton “decided she no longer needed access to any of her e-mails older than 60 days.” Mills instructed the PRN employee — who was not identified — “to modify the e-mail retention policy” on Clinton’s server “to reflect this change,” the FBI said.
But the PRN employee mistakenly did not make the retention-policy change and did not delete the old emails until sometime between March 25 and March 31, even though Mills had sent PRN an email on March 9 that mentioned the committee’s request to preserve emails.
The PRN employee who deleted the emails was a recipient of Mills’ message. However, the employee told the FBI that “he had an ‘oh ****’ moment and sometime between March 25-31, 2015 deleted the Clinton archive mailbox from the PRN server and used BleachBit to delete the exported .PST files he had created on the server containing Clinton’s e-mails.”
The FBI Files on Clinton’s Emails

Old 10-29-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why would comey look into them if not?
Why would Comey explicitly say that there has been no determination that the emails are evidence in the investigation into Clinton's private email server, or even relevant?

Old 10-29-2016, 02:58 PM

I don't like the guy either.

So what?

Old 10-29-2016, 02:58 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Many have criticized Trump because he was a friend of the Clintons for many years but in fact, I think that 'because he was a friend of the Clintons for many years' he knew things about them that most of us are not privy to know - and that (of course along with the other things he saw wrong in this country and the fact that so many were frustrated in not having a voice) prodded him to run for election himself finally. He knew he had to give it a best effort to stop another Clinton from going to the White House. I know he comes off sometimes as narcissistic but I think there is more to him than that. He had to have been planning to run for many more years than even he has said - because he knew what it would take and that he had to have his businesses well looked after by his kids while he was gone on the campaign trail.

A fair bit of commentary that he has slyly let out over the past year and a half gives me to think he has known much of this all along. For the most part, he had to let a lot of this unfold as it should, mind you .. he was being hit hard enough ... but none of this surprises me any more.

And people will say when someone mentions Bill that Bill isn't running. Well, folks .. yes he IS running .. what do you think he will do if Hillary is President? Put on an apron and help arrange flowers in the State Dining Room? Spend his time choosing ornaments for the royal Christmas tree? I doubt that - though I hazard a guess he may spend some of his afternoons 'entertaining' the wives/female 'friends' of visiting dignitaries if he can find a quiet corner to do so. The man will be into everything that is none of his business this time round - and I suspect, even if Hillary doesn't, he will do more damage this time than he managed to do last time - because of the Clinton Foundation 'donor's list' which equals 'White House access privilege' .. the carefully engineered gift that keeps on giving. It might be the closest we have ever seen to Bill and Hillary being Billary yet.

I also think Comey may have done what he did with this announcement because he thinks maybe his life will be safer if he does, if he is public about it all and does it now rather than later when he may not have any more authority to do it, than if he doesn't do it at all when he knows that the Clintons, the AG and Obama (and all of their 'friends') know he has uncovered more evidence. If I were him, I would think it very wise to consider carefully who he is up against, and who he is angering the most right now. He has contemplated what to do - and consulted I am sure - because he has seen enough (the 'devices' have been in FBI possession for over a month now - this is not something they discovered yesterday morning) that he knows what the implications of this new development are and he knows they are very serious indeed! This kind of reason may not be what we want our officials to have as their motivation for 'doing the right thing' but I will take any reason that gets them to do it at all right now.

We are talking about a political world that most of us, even those among us who are intelligent, older and think we follow politics to some degree, just can't even begin to fathom or understand. They lie in roots so old, strong and complex that they touch the molten lava well below the surface .. the depths of corruption and intrigue are beyond our wildest imaginations - and that goes for those who are liberals as well as the rest of us.

But, I have to say that Trump may not have to work too hard when it comes to revitalizing the flagging Hollywood movie industry .. there are going to be some blockbusters about all this no matter which way the pendulum eventually swings. The paper book industry may also see a nice jolt. Jobs WILL be created as a result of this mess! (I like to find the silver lining in every cloud!)

Last edited by Aery11; 10-29-2016 at 03:07 PM..

Old 10-29-2016, 02:59 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Trump touched women = 193 pages in 3 weeks.

Hillary under FBI investigation = 177 pages in 1 day.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:02 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I agree. I'm willing to put a large sum of money on it.
Show us! Don't welsh on it!

Old 10-29-2016, 03:04 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ooh don't hurt yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections