Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 10:14 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvibegirl View Post
Hillary became a criminal when she deleted e-mails that were the property of the government on an illegal server in her basement.
So true. Hillary is an unindicted criminal. There can be no doubt about that among reasonable people.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Warrants are public records. Link, please?
Are you saying you don't believe the FBI has requested a warrant to read Huma Abedins emails on the Anthony Weiner device in their possession?

Ok then......lol.......you are the joke I thought you were.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:16 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,050,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I predicted 1-3 points and I think that would cover it unless Comey out's what he's got and it really is something that voters haven't already calculated into voting for Hillary...enough to change the election maybe slightly, not enough to win unless Trump can gain more momentum during the last week.

Considering HRC went from rcp 7.8 to rcp 3.8 in a week, add a few points (IMO 4%) for Weinergate, and the EC map just shifted a ton.

Most of that 4% will go to Johnson , Stein, or not vote, but it is still a huge shift.

Plus Trump voters per almost all polls have a huge enthusiasm gap, with pollsters predicting solid turnout for them.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Since this started, I've been reading every possible source from every possible slant and I'm sorry. I just don't think Comey's letter has legs with the voting public. I truly believe that opinions are set and the only people who haven't made up their minds by now are the terminally confused. The choices are so diametrically opposed that positions should be clear by now. This issue has no legs this election cycle. I don't think this will move the needle much for the Trumpsters.
Really doesn't matter. If you want to vote for a candidate that is under FBI investigation, go ahead. Just don't be surprised when she is handcuffed and perp walked out of the first or second inaugural ball she attends.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:20 PM

Hillary is Nixon 6 months before he exits stage left, but on Election Day for Nixon in 1968 had he had that baggage then. We would have President Humphrey under those circumstances then.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:23 PM

The more important point is that the law enforcement source they are talking to says its highly unlikely these emails are duplicates of ones they have already seen.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:27 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
" If the laptop was “seized ” by the FBI, it’s unlikely that either Weiner or Abedin voluntarily turned over the emails. That means the agency needed to get a search warrant, by swearing to a judge there was probable cause to believe that data on the laptop contained evidence of the suspected “sexting” crime. Under the Constitution, the warrant should have specified exactly the information to be seized and searched, and thereby limited the FBI from looking through the entire contents of the laptop."

Cite: In getting 'new' Clinton emails, did the FBI violate the Constitution?

Old 10-29-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
" If the laptop was “seized ” by the FBI, it’s unlikely that either Weiner or Abedin voluntarily turned over the emails. That means the agency needed to get a search warrant, by swearing to a judge there was probable cause to believe that data on the laptop contained evidence of the suspected “sexting” crime. Under the Constitution, the warrant should have specified exactly the information to be seized and searched, and thereby limited the FBI from looking through the entire contents of the laptop."

Cite: In getting 'new' Clinton emails, did the FBI violate the Constitution?

In all likelihood, Anthony gave them tips on what they would find and what to look for. If you are not in the region, you are likely unaware he has a high likelihood of a long, long, long unrelated to HRC prison term. Soon to be felons often deal.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:32 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The more important point is that the law enforcement source they are talking to says its highly unlikely these emails are duplicates of ones they have already seen.
source/link?

Old 10-29-2016, 10:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
They did not start the Uma investigation or the Anthony investigation. They reopened the Hillary investigation. My money is on the FBI finding the treasure trove. She's a pathological liar...they tend to like to keep stuff that no-one can find....it gives them pride and a smirky smile. Thieves always bury their most cherished memories. She's not any different. I would believe that the FBI has some pretty smart people.

How bout this, they pursue, she's elected and when Obama and Lynch are gone she is indicted. Smells sweet to me. She may need some help walking down those stairs.
I bet the FBI actually has read the emails, and they know exactly what they contain, getting the warrant, is just a formality so the emails can be used legally..

There is no way in the world they can claim the emails pertain to x.. without having some idea whats in those emails, which can only be obtained by reading them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections