Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2016, 01:11 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, I'll admit, this will be a little bump in the road, but no different than when Trump's video surfaced. It only lasted a little while and even the 12 women coming out didn't change much about his followers.

Most of us are going to stick by our candidate, regardless. Not that we see that person as being perfect, we just see them as way safer and the lesser of the two evils.

I think Hillary still has this one, unless something REALLY bad comes out between now and the election. Not too likely though.

Don
Wishful thinking there. As of today, CNN has 34% of voters are less likely to vote for Hillary, included in there is a large component of Dem voters.

Unless Hillary can pull out the master spin of all spins to regroup her voter base and somehow convince them she was the victim of a dirty trick to derail her campaign, then she is finished.

The clock is ticking and even more Wikileaks and emails to come out in the following week. The worst emails are about to be dropped, and HRC is still grappling with the fallout from the reopening of the FBI investigation.

Not looking good no matter how they spin it. The HRC team must be exhausted and fractures will surely show in the organization as the taste of defeat is getting ever closer.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Nah, Hillary is a smart, tough woman. She never lets anything stop her from accomplishing her goals. That is what I like about her.
Are you referring to this Hillary?

Hillary with a long track record of unbridled ambitions, greedy and non transformational
-- Colon Powell

Old 10-30-2016, 01:16 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I put the blame on Comey who injected all this speculation a week before the elections, and in doing so influenced the outcome aka tampered with the election. It is Africa/Latin America style indeed.

I voted for Johnson, but it saddens me to see US democracy sink to the level of 3rd world countries. Trump is correct in saying the system is corrupt and rigged.

Whatever is on emails, it has nothing to do with democracy or tampered elections.

The fact that the FBI has no idea what is on the emails, and yet the chose to create a media circus out of it just before the elections should concern everyone. Sure enough, even many Republicans have voiced their disapproval.
I know you do. Blame everything/everyone except the person who is the source to blame. That's common in our society today. And like enables like, votes for like, so there's our friend GIGO.....

Ha, you don't think our country has gone to a 3rd world nation years ago? You really need to pay attention. Where were you complaining when your buddy hil's husbands was meeting on a tarmac with the AG in a week or so before the decision came down on her emails? Foxes guarding the hen house? It's right in front of you now.

Johnson to me is a RINO and wants to play the game you complain about....ignore the rule of law, specifically, our border laws, and create an open border paradise because big walls just create taller ladders nonsense. See, the laws don't work for him so he proposes a nice open border and amnesty, ie rewarding those who broke the law. So congrats on enabling what you profess to be so against.....those who pick/choose which laws to follow.....3rd world banana republic style, enabling the anarchy/pick and choosy law thingy right at the top. Nice job with your vote there finn!

Of course the establishment is worried about this....trump speaks strong against donors/the bought and sold system. This is all about power and money and the rest is noise, N/A. Isn't that obvious? Haven't you noticed how most of both parties are nervous about him? Regardless of the fear out there about this/that/the other thing, the donors are beyond nervous about him and of course you know donors rule politics from there and the answer is obvious the primary source of worry for them....to those with both eyes open anyways.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:18 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Apparently America will be made great again by returning to our racist roots .
California State University Los Angeles recently rolled out segregated housing for black students.

The arrangement comes roughly nine months after the university’s Black Student Union issued a set of demands in response to what its members contend are frequent “racist attacks” on campus, such as “racially insensitive remarks” and “microaggressions” by professors and students. One demand was for a “CSLA housing space delegated for Black students.”

Cal State LA offers segregated housing for black students - The College Fix

It's happening and it's def Jim Crow to me. ^^^

Old 10-30-2016, 01:20 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The campaign descended into violence when a group calling themselves "anti-fascists" brawled with around 50 pro-Trump supporters after the two sides starting screaming at each other.

Riot police were called to the demonstration at Paulista avenue in Sao Paulo as a fight broke out.

A number of pro-Trump supporters donned masks and carried posters showing Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton behind bars.
Pro-Trump organiser Leandro Mohallem, 26, told the website believes support for Trump is necessary for the US to prevent Clinton from coming to power, branding her as the "American Dilma".

Lawyer Mohallem is referring to former Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff, who was ousted on Wednesday following an impeachment process.
That's my point. One Trump supporter called her something, and you present it as if all Brazilians are saying it.

It is quite telling violence is already erupting over Trump being in the US elections.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:22 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
so if you don't care what the H are you doing here?
I like discussing politics, and I like making fun of idiots who are trying to destroy the country I live in with their ignorance.

And by the way, there's a difference between not caring about something in the sense that it won't affect my vote, but caring enough about it to discuss it. I assumed most people I was talking with would be bright enough to grasp that, but then I forgot that I was talking to Trumplings.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:24 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I know you do. Blame everything/everyone except the person who is the source to blame. That's common in our society today. And like enables like, votes for like, so there's our friend GIGO.....
I blame Comey, because he is the only one wh tampered with the elections. Pretty much everyone (except die-hard Trump supporters) agree he made a mistake by doing what he did. He should have investigated the emails as opposed to creating a media circus out of it just before the elections.

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I like discussing politics, and I like making fun of idiots who are trying to destroy the country I live in with their ignorance.

And by the way, there's a difference between not caring about something in the sense that it won't affect my vote, but caring enough about it to discuss it. I assumed most people I was talking with would be bright enough to grasp that, but then I forgot that I was talking to Trumplings.
Yah I saw the fine distinction but thought it was an accident on your part.

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

Nice job in "caring" enough to want to elect the same bought and sold/lying/inept/self serving types in over and over again of either party. And obviously happy with the direction of our country with the donors/the $ being served first and you and me last, picking up the crumbs.

I hate to see what your non caring side looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I blame Comey, because he is the only one wh tampered with the elections. Pretty much everyone (except die-hard Trump supporters) agree he made a mistake by doing what he did. He should have investigated the emails as opposed to creating a media circus out of it just before the elections.
If your buddy followed the rules and didn't have a private email server against the rules, the "circus" would have never come to town.

But keep up your symptom addressing game.....

Old 10-30-2016, 01:29 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Nice job in "caring" enough to want to elect the same bought and sold/lying/inept/self serving types in over and over again of either party. And obviously happy with the direction of our country.

I hate to see what your non caring side looks like.
Again and again, you prove incapable of formulating an argument based on anything other than assumptions. Hillary Clinton is unquestionably the second worst candidate in the history of the United States, and belongs in prison for the rest of her miserable, hateful life. But right now she is the only thing keeping the worst candidate in the history of the United States out of the White House, and if that's the bullet i have to bite, then 'll bite the damned thing and pray to god we can get her the hell out of there as soon as possible after she's torpedoed trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections