Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
You know what? Many republicans didn't even vote for him in the primaries and there is speculation and rumors that dems voted for him in the primaries because everyone thought he would be the easiest one to beat. Now what? And I'd hardly describe Hillary as sane. She just becomes unhinged behind closed doors and it doesn't get reported because she's Hillary. And I won't judge you for supporting this nasty corrupted woman because unlike libs, I am tolerant of other POV.
That's a false story because many GOP primaries require the voter to be a *registered* republican in order to vote. Make no mistake as Michael Moore has visited many Trump primaries and rallies that Trump's support is real. This could be consider a revenge vote against the establishment by the middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 01:29 PM

1,043 posts, read 899,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Despite the usual alt right conservative lies, Clinton is the best candidate for us, hands down.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Can you say that with a straight face now?

Old 10-28-2016, 01:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Let me preface...

I despise Trump. He is a leftist, he will tell people whatever they want to hear, I would speculate he is in this for the fame and attention, he is ignorant of the Constitution and our form of government, he is a jerk and often lies... I could go on...,

So people not voting for him, I can completely sympathize.

Now voting for Clinton though, knowing her criminal record over the years and with the "caught red handed" emails on behavior, actions, dealings, etc... and her criminal escape of responsibility concerning concerning the espionage act, the colluding with the WH, AG, and FBI and the numerous problems with her campaign playing dirty pool... the list goes on...

All I can say is... those people disgust me as they were without morals, they are without ethics, they are slimy criminals void of any of the standards to which this country's ideal strives to stand for.
NxtGen, think about this.

Criminals always think they will get away with the crime. If the media won't do its job of reporting wrongdoing, and the people are willing to ignore the obvious, what will she do in office. She will continue to abuse that power for her own personal gain with disregard to who she hurts.

Corruption like this is so dangerous for the people that our founding fathers set up system with checks and balances and the media is expected to be a watchdog.

At least with Trump the media will do it's job.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:32 PM

285 posts, read 197,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
That's a false story because many GOP primaries require the voter to be a *registered* republican in order to vote. Make no mistake as Michael Moore has visited many Trump primaries and rallies that Trump's support is real. This could be consider a revenge vote against the establishment by the middle class.
There have been people who changed their registration. I lived in Maryland years ago and changed my registration from democrat to republican in order to vote in a primary. I also didn't want to be a registered democrat anymore at the time! But you see my point I'm sure.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:38 PM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Quote:
There have been people who changed their registration. I lived in Maryland years ago and changed my registration from democrat to republican in order to vote in a primary. I also didn't want to be a registered democrat anymore at the time! But you see my point I'm sure.
Yes, we have changed registrations to vote for a local candidate in the primaries, very quick and easy to do here. Then, we change back after the primaries.

Diamond and Silk ran the "Ditch and Switch" to get Democrats to switch and vote for Trump in the primaries. This clarifies: HOW TO SWITCH

I was really hoping for Sanders as the debates would have been very interesting and Sanders was my 2nd choice. Never, ever Hillary.

I keep seeing the topic of the thread and thinking, "Imagine someone thinking Hillary was normal and just what kind of people they hang out with." I guess they would have internet access at prisons, right?

Old 10-28-2016, 01:49 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
NxtGen, think about this.

Criminals always think they will get away with the crime. If the media won't do its job of reporting wrongdoing, and the people are willing to ignore the obvious, what will she do in office. She will continue to abuse that power for her own personal gain with disregard to who she hurts.

Corruption like this is so dangerous for the people that our founding fathers set up system with checks and balances and the media is expected to be a watchdog.

At least with Trump the media will do it's job.

Lets be honest, the media will never do its job. If it lies to protect Hillary, it will lie to make Trump look bad. From now on, people need to become self aware, responsible and educate themselves on the facts by treating everything as if it is first a lie that must be countered as only such attention will force the diligence to verify the facts.

Past that, as I have said before this is an issue of "are you content with who is elected". For me, I am maybe not "content", but at least "tolerable" to a Trump presidency. Don't get me wrong, he is bad in so many ways, but.. this isn't a normal election and the selections aren't normal choices. Unfortunately this comes down to a "could I survive with" and I think Trump is someone I could say such, but absolutely not with Hillary as anyone who can approve of her is someone I think seriously lacks ethical values, again... this coming from someone who despises Trump.

At least with Trump, even though I know him to be wishy washy, leftist in thinking, etc... he is a dealer, not an idealist which means we can possibly if our constitutionalist are convincing enough, gain some benefit out of his presidency, not guaranteed though, but purely looking at the odds of result, it really is the best bet. With Hillary we know exactly what we will get, but with Trump we may be able to get some bread crumbs. As a survivalist, it really is the only option, but... realize that even if Trump went full on Constituionalist, he is the president and he is limited in power.

The real change has to come from the people and no matter what happens, we STILL need to call an Article 5.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:22 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
A few months ago I started wondering who the left continue to vote for people like Hillary, and then it hit me. Part of the Left's constant attacks on corporate leadership was how they were all dirty criminals. ON the left it has become very much of everybody who is not at the same place as you economically is dumb, and everybody who has achieved more success than you has to be a criminal. It is a way to avoid blaming themselves for their mistakes, and I notice it often on this and other boards.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:26 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
The title of this thread.....lol!!!! "Normal candidate"! Love it! For the record, I'm thrilled they're stuck with her and that she's being exposed as the horrible nasty woman that she is. Yeah, that's right, nasty woman.
Memorize these words: President Trump will repeal and replace. President Trump will repeal and replace. There.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Financialguy View Post
You have to keep in mind that, to democrats, Clinton is a "normal candidate".
No, she is the only presidential candidate running.

To the poster that asked if this was "opposite day." I think every day is opposite day here.

Old 10-28-2016, 02:34 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
AHAHAHAHAHA!

Can you say that with a straight face now?
Nothing has changed. The new emails are part to the Weiner investigation, they could be anything, recipes perhaps? Either way with 11 days I don't anything happens until after election. After today the only people talking about it will be the same outlets that have been trashing her already to same electorate. TGIF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections