Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 09:08 AM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times

Advertisements

I have voted for a Democrat every Presidential election since I turned 18. I have a LOT of problems with Hillary. I met her in 2008 and she was just plain cold, nasty, unlikeable. But I'm mature enough to look beyond that. A native Michigander, I had to leave years ago due to the terrible economy. Much of that was a direct result of her husband signing NAFTA. While I understand she is not her husband, she got to where she is today because of him... let's not be fools. And chances are that their viewpoints are nearly identical. She says she is against the TPP but that isn't enough for me.

She claims she is for the working and middle class but swindled millions of dollars in speaking fees and donations for the Clinton Foundation to enrich herself. Her and Bill already were wealthy and they did not need that extra money. Also, why could they not have contributed more to causes WITHIN the country? We have enough problems here at home, and if you are a REAL American you focus on that FIRST!

She also is a terrible speaker obviously. Overcomplicates everything, can't speak like one of the 'commoners'. She truly thinks she is above people and is incredibly naive when it comes to what's going on on Main Street. She lived in the bubble too long. At least Obama makes a genuine effort to get out into reality when time permits.

In short, I will still be voting for her, but I'm totally pissed. The ONLY reason I'm doing it is because she will appoint a liberal justice to replace Scalia. But I'm truly mad as hell, and just wondering what all of your thoughts are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 09:12 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Hillary is corrupt to the core. She should be in prison.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
My thoughts are this. If you're totally pissed, if the last 8 years have left you worse off than ever, and we're already seeing the impact of Obamacare with rates going up next year, with hundreds of thousands of *refugees* that will be coming here under her as President, and you still vote for her? You deserve what you get.

You're so worried and certain that a conservative on the SC will strip you of your rights, that you'll hand over all of the above, based on conjecture.

With all due respect, you make ME pissed.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:28 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
OP you said it all about Hillary but you are still going to vote for her? I never met her and don't care to but from what I have heard and read the impression you got from her is spot on. The flip side is Trump and reports have it that he is a warm positive character.

You state all these terrible things that Hillary has done but still support her to appoint a Supreme Court Justice? How could that make it any better.

I think what we all need to do is look at the mess of scandals and constant lies that Hillary will give us and vote not for her but cast your vote for America.

Trump has said a lot of stupid things in his campaign but I believe that in his heart he is Pro America. The only thing that Hillary is for is lining her pockets at the expense of America while she lies to us about how great she is.

Trump is scary, he is a gamble but with Hillary we know exactly what we will get and it is not pretty for America.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:28 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
There's still standing room on the Trump Train. You still have a chance to get on board....

Old 10-29-2016, 09:29 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,186,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
But I'm truly mad as hell, and just wondering what all of your thoughts are.
My thoughts boil down to, "Man, I sure hope Hillary doesn't win the election."

Old 10-29-2016, 09:34 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Hillary is corrupt to the core. She should be in prison.
What would she be convicted of? You do know that there has to be a crime committed before one is sentenced to a prison term...right? Not liking a person is not enough to incarcerate them.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:34 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I have voted for a Democrat every Presidential election since I turned 18. I have a LOT of problems with Hillary. I met her in 2008 and she was just plain cold, nasty, unlikeable. But I'm mature enough to look beyond that. A native Michigander, I had to leave years ago due to the terrible economy. Much of that was a direct result of her husband signing NAFTA. While I understand she is not her husband, she got to where she is today because of him... let's not be fools. And chances are that their viewpoints are nearly identical. She says she is against the TPP but that isn't enough for me.

She claims she is for the working and middle class but swindled millions of dollars in speaking fees and donations for the Clinton Foundation to enrich herself. Her and Bill already were wealthy and they did not need that extra money. Also, why could they not have contributed more to causes WITHIN the country? We have enough problems here at home, and if you are a REAL American you focus on that FIRST!

She also is a terrible speaker obviously. Overcomplicates everything, can't speak like one of the 'commoners'. She truly thinks she is above people and is incredibly naive when it comes to what's going on on Main Street. She lived in the bubble too long. At least Obama makes a genuine effort to get out into reality when time permits.

In short, I will still be voting for her, but I'm totally pissed. The ONLY reason I'm doing it is because she will appoint a liberal justice to replace Scalia. But I'm truly mad as hell, and just wondering what all of your thoughts are.
well, I don't understand people like you. I really don't.

There are third party candidates. There is a third party candidate like Johnson.

I can understand the nevertrump crowds, They hate trump more than they hate Clinton, so yeah, I can understand the mentality of holding their noses and vote Hillary, but I don't get people like you.

Why don't you just vote the third party? Appointing a liberal justice is more important than TPP, American jobs to you?

I start to think bold is just fake outrage, you don't really care about the bold. :P

Old 10-29-2016, 09:35 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What would she be convicted of? You do know that there has to be a crime committed before one is sentenced to a prison term...right? Not liking a person is not enough to incarcerate them.
Treason, to start with, and perjury. She's probably guilty of obstruction of justice in the past when she covered up Bill's rapes and sexual assaults. Also a lot of graft regarding the Clinton Foundation and its finances.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:36 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
What a shock a life long democrat is voting for Hillary in spite of all her lies and corruption. In other news rain is wet and the sun rises in the east. Why should she care about people like you? She clearly has your support no matter what she does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections