Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you were Bernie Sanders supporter, who are you voting for?
Hillary Clinton 31 37.80%
Donald Trump 30 36.59%
Gary Johnson 7 8.54%
Jill Stein 3 3.66%
Write-in Bernie Sanders 1 1.22%
Other independents or write-in 2 2.44%
Not voting 5 6.10%
Still undecided 3 3.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 01:45 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,699,793 times

Advertisements

I was a veritble Bernie supporter, having even donated $$$ to his campaign. I was very impressed by his interviews from 1980's and his consistency (until he endorsed Clinton).

I'm undecided but may vote for a third party, undecided which. For the third parties, every one of our votes is precious and valuable.

Clinton does not exist on my ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 01:49 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Some issues they differ on, but Trump and Bernie are much further apart than he is with Clinton.
No doubt Bernie and Trump are quite different, no doubt Hillary and Bernie are quite different. Hillary is more like Jeb! or Kasich than she is like Bernie. Trump is a strange mix of political viewpoints.

But so far what has been Hillarys message? Don't elect Trump, and Hillary apparently did stuff for kids a long time ago. Trumps has been Trade, the border, and political corruption, 2 of those themes are shared with Bernie.

Nonetheless, the DNCs treatment of Bernie and his voters should give any of them pause.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:51 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
No doubt Bernie and Trump are quite different, no doubt Hillary and Bernie are quite different. Hillary is more like Jeb! or Kasich than she is like Bernie. Trump is a strange mix of political viewpoints.

But so far what has been Hillarys message? Don't elect Trump, and Hillary apparently did stuff for kids a long time ago. Trumps has been Trade, the border, and political corruption, 2 of those themes are shared with Bernie.

Nonetheless, the DNCs treatment of Bernie and his voters should give any of them pause.
Trump has spoke on trade, but no details, not to mention where he has gotten materials from for his own business.

There are many more issues Bernie and Trump disagree than Clinton and Bernie do.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:01 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
if Hillary gets 50% of Bernie voters or less she is in trouble.......she needs 70% or more of Bernie supporters.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:02 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,699,793 times
Actually it's hard to tell Clinton's positions on issues, since she keeps changing, always trying to please the audience, even when the audience have opposite groups. The only thing unchanged is her ego, her lifelong political ambition.

The recent AT&T buying Time Warner was first addressed by Trump, the next day Clinton joined.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:02 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Beside trade, Trump is closer to Bernie in foreign policy in that both are against American domination in the Middle East, while Clinton is the opposite.

Bernie's message during the debates was that Hillary Clinton was a Wall St. puppet, and flipped back and forth about her positions on various issues, depending on how it benefitted her.

consider Trumps NATO stance that all the others should pay their fair share. There was an accord that all member states should pay 2% of their GDP, we pay 6% of our GDP (just for NATO and NOT the whole military industrial complex) and a country like Germany pays about 1.5%,

Germany is the biggest economy in Europe and can lead the world in manufacturing exports but so many of these countries (our Allies) can't pay their fair share.

Trump wants us to spend only 2% like everybody else and the other countries can do what they should've been doing all along but Clinton actually said we'd "lose influence" in the world.

she sounds like a Republican on the issue, whereas Trump sounds much more like the Democrats I grew up with.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:04 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Trump has spoke on trade, but no details, not to mention where he has gotten materials from for his own business.

There are many more issues Bernie and Trump disagree than Clinton and Bernie do.
No details?

He is against tpp, nafta.

Wants to level the playing field so that if American goods get tariff then that contries goods get same here.

Those are much better than Hillary Clinton globalism policy

Old 10-29-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:

you repeat the Hillary non-sense......if the Obama administration has any evidence that Trump bought steel from China illegally, please open an investigation in the Justice Department that the Democrats control.

Trump is against NAFTA and against TPP and will put tariffs on any American company that outsource jobs here to Mexico and China and want to return their products here.....that's a lot more than what Hillary would do, not only she is for NAFTA she wants to expand it with TPP and more open borders.

I assume Sanders would do the same thing as Trump, tax American companies that outsource our jobs........Hillary is wrong on trade and wrong on foreign policy.] of more wars and more occupations and more regime changes.......on those 2 things alone, I can't see the majority of Sanders voters voting for Hillary. She is the establishment that rigged the democrat primary against Sanders.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:08 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Voted for Sanders in the Primaries. Will vote for Gary Johnson on Election Day. I might vote for Trump. I respect Pence he seems like a strong leader. However, he is too Conservative for my liking that deters me from voting for Trump.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Voted for Sanders in the Primaries. Will vote for Gary Johnson on Election Day. I might vote for Trump. I respect Pence he seems like a strong leader. However, he is too Conservative for my liking that deters me from voting for Trump.

you know VP doesn't have any power and they don't matter...........you think Hillary voters are voting for her because of Kaine or Johnson's voters because of Weld?

either Hillary or Trump will win.....those are the choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections