Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2016, 10:30 PM

25,822 posts, read 16,483,224 times

Advertisements

Personally, I believe Obama gave her the choice to step down or be fired. She says she stepped away to prepare for this run to the Presidency. Any politician who cared about this country would have stayed in a job like SOS regardless of ambition.

I think she was basically fired and this email fiasco is and indication of the mess she left for Obama.

I think she blew his presidency because he spent his 2nd term putting out fires she started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 10:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,514,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Personally, I believe Obama gave her the choice to step down or be fired. She says she stepped away to prepare for this run to the Presidency. Any politician who cared about this country would have stayed in a job like SOS regardless of ambition.

I think she was basically fired and this email fiasco is and indication of the mess she left for Obama.

I think she blew his presidency because he spent his 2nd term putting out fires she started.
Because there have been so many 2-term secretaries of state in the history of our country.
Please list them.
We'll wait.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:48 PM

9,166 posts, read 13,212,906 times
Actually Biscuitmom raises a good point, there have been many US Secretaries of State and most have been short term. Hillary Clinton is actually #17 on this list and most of the last few Secretaries have been there 4 years (Warren Christopher, Madeline Albright, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton and now John Kerry).

As for why Hillary stepped down, I think the main reason was she wanted to run for President. That includes time for fund raising but also to avoid taking blame if anything went wrong (for example she wanted to avoid anymore Benghazis). I have never read that Obama tried to force Clinton out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...time_in_office

Old 10-29-2016, 10:50 PM

25,822 posts, read 16,483,224 times
Biscuitmom, I admit I didn't do my research on 2nd term SOS's ect.

But look at the mess Hillary left for Barack. I was a big Barack guy when I voted for him the first time. But down the stretch he slipped big time. I blame Hillary. Her bad karma I think hurt him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections