Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:15 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
After she's lost Texas next Tuesday, she'll have to make a big decision: go ahead with her campaign and possibly damage the party's chances in November, limiting her future as a Democrat, or admitting defeat, unifying the party, and securing a solid place in the future of her party.

She's no emotional rookie. She's a professional politician who's very much interested in her place in history. I think she'll announce sometime after March 4th that she's suspending her campaign. Besides, her operation will be practically penniless.
That makes a lot of sense, I'm sure she would like to be Senate majority leader. That's in her future if she doesn't burn too many bridges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 03:18 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,003,556 times
Uh, every one of those threads is based on an actual article or analysis that someone else wrote.

YOUR post claiming that "Hillary is Bi-Polar" is based on your own pathetic and insensitive claims. Your fellow Obama people frequently post litanies of nasty rants against Hillary's appearance and gender AND call her supporters unflattering names, as well, with no provocation, no substance, and no regard for the feelings of other people.

Your "Bipolar" thread led to personal attacks against me, my son, and my now-deceased husband who was indeed bipolar simply because I asked that this serious illness NOT be trivialized. How PROUD that must make you!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
This is from the author of such threads as:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...reats-you.html
-Contains links to various death threats and otherwise "bad behavior" on th epart of Obama supporters
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ise-again.html
-Contains the Karl Rovian/Health Care industry-style attack ad that Obama used AGAIN, after having been de-bunked, by factcheck.org; also includes said debunkking link
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ate-black.html
-Factual thread, discussing Obama's decision to skip an event for the African American Community wherein his LARGEST base of support comes from; Includes links to the story as well as the DEATH THREATS against Tavis Smiley and his family that followed his criticism of Obama.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...spokesman.html
-Illustrates my theory that a large majority of Obama supporters, including those that go on LIVE TV as a "supporter" of Obama, know nothing about the man beyond his "Hope and Change" campaign rhetoric.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...lks-water.html
-I'll give you this one; it was humorous rhetoric.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-presidential-election/259882-demagogue-obama-recipe.html
-I'll give you this one too; it was also humorous rhetoric.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...alth-plan.html
-Obama DOES lie about his health plan. It is NOWHERE NEAR Universal and has been proven so by MANY independent experts. The link to factcheck.org is enclosed for your review.

Hypocrisy much?
See my comments in red.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't rely on MSNBC for all your information:
Gallup Daily: Tracking Election 2008

Obama: 47%
Hillary:45%
The newest Gallup poll does indeed have it Obama 51%-39%.

USAT/Gallup: Obama Widens National Lead Over Clinton -- Political Wire (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/02/25/usatgallup_obama_widens_national_lead_over_clinton .html - broken link)

Old 02-25-2008, 04:41 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,431,617 times
well she has lost like 10-12 primaries in a row....not a real good sign...regardless of what any opinion poll says.i personally hope she does a huckabee and just stays in,and plods on,long after its hopeless...its entertaining to me

Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Hear! Hear! That is absolutely how I feel. I am sure that a large majority of us will not only leave the party, but, we'll campaign equally as hard against Obama as we are now.
Please do.. Republicans will love you for helping them out for free...

Old 02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The newest Gallup poll does indeed have it Obama 51%-39%.

USAT/Gallup: Obama Widens National Lead Over Clinton -- Political Wire (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2008/02/25/usatgallup_obama_widens_national_lead_over_clinton .html - broken link)
From your link:
Caveat: Obama's 13-point lead -- his first outside the survey's margin of error -- "is at odds with a separate Gallup tracking poll. Taken Friday through Sunday, it gave the Illinois senator a narrow 47% to 45% lead over Clinton."

Old 02-25-2008, 05:07 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Go ahead, bank on it, and we'll see what happens. A lot of us don't give a hoot about the Democratic Party and believe it has abandoned Hillary so we'll be moving on. And it won't be to Obama.

I can't see a lot of the Kool-Aid chuggers here, with the way they smear Hillary (calling her mentally ill, for instance), supporting her if the tables were turned. So, don't expect it from us.
I would surely vote for Clinton if she was the nominee. Their policies are actually very similar, and differ in small nuances. Ideologically, they are almost identical.

Don't get too worked up by these boards or by what you read. Since this is crunch time for both Obama and Clinton, you are certain to see and hear a lot of mud slinging on either side, because there really is not much to differentiate between the two.

After a nominee finally starts to clear up, much of this will be in the rear view mirror.

Don't let random babble from random people sway you from your real thoughts and ideas on what needs to be done to fix today's problems and tomorrow's uncertainties.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
From your link:
Caveat: Obama's 13-point lead -- his first outside the survey's margin of error -- "is at odds with a separate Gallup tracking poll. Taken Friday through Sunday, it gave the Illinois senator a narrow 47% to 45% lead over Clinton."
Yep, they appear to be two separate polls, though both done by Gallup. I suppose the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:14 PM

Brand new NY Times poll shows Obama up nationally 54%-38%.

Also, almost double the respondents feel Obama has a better chance than Clinton to beat McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections