U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-25-2008, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,773 posts, read 2,550,048 times
Reputation: 213

Advertisements

What in the world is this guy DOING??

First he goes "I will not waive the white flag in Iraq"

Then...We might be there [Iraq] for 100 yrs if we have to!

And then...we are only gonna have [a] Japan/Korea type of Occupation there.

And now..."War Will Be Over Soon"

Is he a flip flopper or just suffering from memory loss?? Whoa, He's gonna need a lot of energizer batteries come this fall!

Last edited by Luke29; 02-25-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,714,936 times
Reputation: 1505
When war is your strong point, it's a hard sell to the 70% already tired of it. At least he's not staying the course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
 
Location: North Idaho
239 posts, read 1,186,666 times
Reputation: 304
He's not staying the course... he's staggering around on it.

Call me optimistic, but I don't think he's got a chance against Obama in November. His "100 years in Iraq" comment alone will sink him with most voters. On the superficial side--which counts for much in general elections--he looks terrible. He angers quickly, he's snide much of the time, and then at other times, as recently as when he was being questioned about the lobbyist/NYTimes story last week, he appears almost comatose.

At his age, no doubt he does have memory loss. And given the level of stress he's under during this campaign, that memory loss is probably fairly significant. It'll be amazing if he even gets through this campaign.

McCain is certainly not presidential material. No wonder so many Republicans are pulling out their hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,382,044 times
Reputation: 1892
Actually I was listening to talk radio out of Seattle this morning and they were hypothesizing that Ralph Nader is suffering from Dementia. That would explain much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,062 posts, read 16,218,243 times
Reputation: 3701
Can we PLEASE refrain from assigning diagnoses of mental illnesses onto any of the candidates? This is just outrageous -- and unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,714,936 times
Reputation: 1505
I hear McCain eats babies. That's why the hard right Republicans don't like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
 
2,134 posts, read 3,480,390 times
Reputation: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyu View Post
He's not staying the course... he's staggering around on it.

Call me optimistic, but I don't think he's got a chance against Obama in November. His "100 years in Iraq" comment alone will sink him with most voters. On the superficial side--which counts for much in general elections--he looks terrible. He angers quickly, he's snide much of the time, and then at other times, as recently as when he was being questioned about the lobbyist/NYTimes story last week, he appears almost comatose.

At his age, no doubt he does have memory loss. And given the level of stress he's under during this campaign, that memory loss is probably fairly significant. It'll be amazing if he even gets through this campaign.

McCain is certainly not presidential material. No wonder so many Republicans are pulling out their hair.

Keep telling yourself these things if they make your candidate Obama look like a winner.

When push comes to shove and these two are side by side debating actual points Mr. McCain will make Mr. Obama look very, very vulnerable.

Of course you see it your way and I see it mine. I trust the American people will watch these debates and judge accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,382,044 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Keep telling yourself these things if they make your candidate Obama look like a winner.

When push comes to shove and these two are side by side debating actual points Mr. McCain will make Mr. Obama look very, very vulnerable.

Of course you see it your way and I see it mine. I trust the American people will watch these debates and judge accordingly.
The American public will see a well spoken, young, energetic leader in Obama. While in McCain they'll just see an old geezer. They will judge accordingly all right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
 
2,134 posts, read 3,480,390 times
Reputation: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The American public will see a well spoken, young, energetic leader in Obama. While in McCain they'll just see an old geezer. They will judge accordingly all right.
I give the voters a bit more credit than to be swayed by feelings alone. I think listening to what the candidates say will persuade most rational people. Maybe it will be Obama who has the policies that will appeal to the voters. More taxes, more entitlements, more gov't. Who knows? If the majority want more socialism Mr. Obama will indeed win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,668 posts, read 74,637,859 times
Reputation: 48179
that's ok, so is Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:39 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top