Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 08:13 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

ROTF. Newsweek WISHES it had a "bombshell."

Old 10-31-2016, 08:19 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
NEWSWEEK BOMBSHELL: "Donald Trump’s Companies Destroyed Emails in Defiance of Court Orders"

"Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. "

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/s...90033414656001
It is okay, he was a Democrat when he did it - Hillary playbook!

Old 10-31-2016, 08:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is okay, he was a Democrat when he did it - Hillary playbook!
Although this is cute, ever since Enron, every decently run business has learned that they must destroy documents systematically. This is a required business practice nowadays.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:23 AM

Where are the lying liberals on this subject?

Old 11-01-2016, 09:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Only partially correct. Only if the court has sent him a litigation hold notice and only the materials related to the cases that he can't destroy.

In DT's case, it's a civil matter not a criminal matter. It means he's required by law to retain records but at the worst case, he'd just lose the case and face a fine. So what he deletes his documents if he's willing to face the lose? Maybe he thinks this way is better. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

This is nothing but just a smear campaign against DT.

I need to remind you that under criminal investigation, Hillary deleted thousands of emails claiming they were "personal in nature," which is against the law and is a criminal act.
From the OP:
""Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders.""

If it was wrong for Clinton it was wrong for Trump.

Any other conclusion is hypocrisy.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
From the OP:
""Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders.""

If it was wrong for Clinton it was wrong for Trump.

Any other conclusion is hypocrisy.
It's not hypocrisy; it's intentional slandering from the liberals!

It's civil v.s. criminal. Maybe in the liberal mind, it should be called civil v.s. undocumented.

In a civil case, there's no "wrongdoing" or crime for either party. If Trump was willing to lose the case by destroying documents in defiance of court orders, so freaking what? That's his choice, no? For example:

Quote:
The Supreme Court of Texas explained that Texas courts were already equipped with tools to punish spoliation, “ranging from a jury instruction on the spoliation presumption to, in the most egregious case, (civil) death penalty sanctions.” 969 S.W.2d at 953.
If Trump is willing to pay in a certain loss, who cares what documents he destroyed? If you find out he destroyed critical documents despite of court order, you would get your full payment you asked for in your lawsuit, no? That's a HUGE win for you! The more documents he destroys against court orders the better for you!!! I'd say "Destroy them all!" so that I can file for civil death penalty and get all the money I want!

In a criminal investigation, that's a criminal offense with prison time. Hillary is committing a crime, aka being undocumented.

Do you not understand this or are you intentionally lying and slandering?

I have no problem with different opinions but I have a HUGE problem with people who intentionally lie.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 11-01-2016 at 10:05 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 10:06 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Here's a thought. Perhaps you could disagree with people without using ad hominem attacks? This thing with accusing people of getting paid simply because they disagree with your opinion is becoming really really old and it is also really rude--like others aren't entitled to their own opinions?

Ironically, in this campaign, the only evidence of people getting paid is when Trump hired actors to wear sweatshirts and act enthusiastic while descending from on high to announce his run.
^^^ This.

Thanks, Enigma, couldn't rep you again, but I fully concur with your post.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
^^^ This.

Thanks, Enigma, couldn't rep you again, but I fully concur with your post.
Destroying documents is a required business practice. Virtually all companies have document retention policy that systematically destroy documents.

Why are you lying here?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:45 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
These Clinton supporters have to be paid operatives.
I support Hillary and I am not working for her campaign or volunteering for her campaign. I have not been paid by her campaign. However, I did give her campaign a donation.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your candidate or agree with your political viewpoint, it's not nice to insult the person(I am not saying this only to theS5 - I am saying it in general to all posters on the election forum). I've seen posts calling people insane, crazy, lazy moochers, dumb, uneduated, trailer trash, ghetto, low information, racist and jobless (various insults coming from both sides).

Can't we disagree on political viewpoints and disagree on candidates without name calling and insults to people that don't agree with you?

I get it - we have some polarizing views and if your strongly support one side. It can be difficult to imagine how anyone else believes the polar opposite. But don't call them names just because you don't agree with their viewpoint.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I support Hillary and I am not working for her campaign or volunteering for her campaign. I have not been paid by her campaign. However, I did give her campaign a donation.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your candidate or agree with your political viewpoint, it's not nice to insult the person(I am not saying this only to theS5 - I am saying it in general to all posters on the election forum). I've seen posts calling people insane, crazy, lazy moochers, dumb, uneduated, trailer trash, ghetto, low information, racist and jobless (various insults coming from both sides).

Can't we disagree on political viewpoints and disagree on candidates without name calling and insults to people that don't agree with you?

I get it - we have some polarizing views and if your strongly support one side. It can be difficult to imagine how anyone else believes the polar opposite. But don't call them names just because you don't agree with their viewpoint.
But anybody supporting OP is either a liar or a stupid. Can we at least agree to that?

This thread demonstrate why we should license the voting. Each voter should pass a test and get a license. Look at these Hillary supporters and they just believe whatever they are fed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections