Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Speaking of the topic at hand:

Did anyone see the story about Michelle Obama's college roomate? They interviewed her & her mother. The mother went to the administration and demanded her daughter be moved because she didn't believe races should mix.

Did anybody ever think that experiencee could be why she wrote the thesis? it was based on her own experiences.
In the 1980s, no less. Imagine if this was your child who had to put up with this.
People all over this country live with this EVERY DAY. And every day, new groups get added to the list.

The only 'controversy' here is that children still suffer ignorant people like the woman cited above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I think that Michelle Obama should release the thesis instead of blocking it and let the American public decide for themselves.

I believe the American public has the right to read it and ask those questions, don't you???

It has been released. Links have been posted here on CD. The thesis is sickening to read. Loaded with racial hate and bitterness.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
It has been released. Links have been posted here on CD. The thesis is sickening to read. Loaded with racial hate and bitterness.
Do you know what thread it's posted in?

Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I think that Michelle Obama should release the thesis instead of blocking it and let the American public decide for themselves.

I believe the American public has the right to read it and ask those questions, don't you???
From what I understood it was released for a while, and then they shut it down for whatever reason.

I do have to ask though, if she was writing from her OWN personal experiences, what does it matter what anyone else thinks?

We all know, some people will just say the usual stuff about being bitter, etc without actually trying to walk a mile in her shoes.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 AM

I'm still up in the air about it...I can see reasons why it should & shouldn't be re-released. I'm just not quite sure what will be gained from reading it, espically if people won't look at the whole picture.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:12 AM

Here is the link to the roomate story:

Georgian recalls rooming with Michelle Obama | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/04/12/roommate_0413.html - broken link)

Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Here is the link to the roomate story:

Georgian recalls rooming with Michelle Obama | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/04/12/roommate_0413.html - broken link)
Thanks for posting this.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 AM

307 posts, read 521,808 times
The thesis can be found here

Corrupt government, conspiracy, new world order, no future.

Just click on the area in red labeled

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4. - PDF file

So far this thread seem to be a whole lot of nothing. And that's coming from someone who is not voting for Obama.

If your going to try to make this out to be some big issue. Please post what is objectionable from the thesis, And not just a single line but the surrounding words as well.

Otherwise we wind up with quotes such as Mrs. Obama believes "Whites are responsible for the failure of Blacks", when in reality the statement in the thesis is "According to the survey it was discovered that only 2.3% of respondents felt Whites were responsible for the failure of Blacks."

And please include the page number so we can look at the quote in complete context.

Random

Old 09-16-2008, 02:01 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Well i had read this before and together with all her other statements and her being very angry and all of a sudden vanishing of the spotlight....is saying enough...If and i don't think Obama will ever be president...but just if....than I guess we will see so much of her because she is just trying to make it easier for Nobama....she was bad for his campaign so he through her under the bus, just like any one else ....

Old 09-16-2008, 02:39 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
1985!!! And in college. I would hope no one would judge me or my kids from many things when we/they were that age.

I doubt your neutrality.

But it is ok for you and the liberals here to judge John McCains divorces from 1977?

Double standards.

Now, once you have hate in your heart like Michelle Obama has for America and for whites it will never go away.

Her thesis should be front and center, afterall, we cannot allow someone who hates America, hates whites and blames all failures of the black community on whites to be in our WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections