Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 04:57 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,595,547 times

Advertisements

I had a conservative coworker I used to talk politics with. He acknowledged I was pretty moderate and conservative on most issues. Until, he had enough when I made enough fair points, he then out of no where said I was too soft and advocated releasing prisoners from jail, cause Im a liberal. Never spoke to him again, I got the impression he listened to Rush or Hannity and got the message that liberals are bad again. They take their orders from Hannity and Rush. And their arguments too.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:01 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Whole thing reminds me of American Idol "Vote for the Worst"
No, see, this has been proven false.

Trump was right. It's all been rigged. Even more will come out.

The charges on him were cooked up by whom? Was it the DOJ? Hillary Camp? Clinton Foundation? THe Obama administration? CNN? ABC? CBS? NBC? MSN?

Trump is guilty of NOTHING! Donald Trump is squeeky clean and someone for Americans to be proud of.

Yes liberals! Your worst nightmare is real!

October Surprise continues to haunt y'all!

Don't try to throw Donald Trump and his supporters onto the Titanic with y'all.

Have a nice "week"!

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-01-2016 at 05:09 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 05:15 AM

5,065 posts, read 2,273,592 times
I come here because I get links from sources all over the spectrum without having to search them out, and when combined, it's a better picture of what's really going on than anything you'll find from a single source - even one that's supposed to be unbiased.

It's also helpful when the discussion turns to something I don't know a lot about. By listening to both sides, "toxic" or not, you learn more than when you're only hearing one side of things.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:16 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
The OP brings out some very good points. Although I have been very vocal throughout this election (especially on here), I am normally very apolitical and could care less who wins. Although I did get interested when I voted for Obama twice, otherwise, it is something I just had no interest in.

However, this election is totally different than any other I can remember, and I have been drawn into it, like a moth to a flame. When I saw someone as crude, disrespectful, vile, mean spirited, and ill equipped as Donald Trump actually getting people to support him, I was in disbelief and angered. How anyone could be so upset with our country to think this was the guy to pull them out of it !

I've been honest when I have said that Hillary would not have been my first choice to run against Trump. If I had one wish it would be that Obama were running again (Oh, God, the debates would have been WONDERFUL ! ) But we only have Trump and Hillary, so my choice is very clear.

Not sure how it will shake out on the 8th, but it does look like Hillary is going to win, and I am relieved about that. After the 9th, I probably will go back to not really caring about politics once more. My life goes on, regardless of who is in there. (except Trump )

Don

Old 11-01-2016, 05:19 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Like I said Don, there's always Canada. Be prepared Trump will be the only of those two still able to even stand on the 9th.

I recommend an anti-Trump 12 Step Program.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:21 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
I find Trump has been toxic from the day he came down the escalator and the reason I visit and post on this forum.

Last edited by BucFan; 11-01-2016 at 05:51 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 05:23 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,595,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The OP brings out some very good points. Although I have been very vocal throughout this election (especially on here), I am normally very apolitical and could care less who wins. Although I did get interested when I voted for Obama twice, otherwise, it is something I just had no interest in.

However, this election is totally different than any other I can remember, and I have been drawn into it, like a moth to a flame. When I saw someone as crude, disrespectful, vile, mean spirited, and ill equipped as Donald Trump actually getting people to support him, I was in disbelief and angered. How anyone could be so upset with our country to think this was the guy to pull them out of it !

I've been honest when I have said that Hillary would not have been my first choice to run against Trump. If I had one wish it would be that Obama were running again (Oh, God, the debates would have been WONDERFUL ! ) But we only have Trump and Hillary, so my choice is very clear.

Not sure how it will shake out on the 8th, but it does look like Hillary is going to win, and I am relieved about that. After the 9th, I probably will go back to not really caring about politics once more. My life goes on, regardless of who is in there. (except Trump )

Don
I wouldnt want Oboma again.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:26 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I find Trump has been toxic from the day he came down the elevator and the reason I visit and post on this forum.

Haha, yeah, that elevator thing was pretty funny ! Trump thought he looked like some Savior, coming down from the Heavens to save America . He is such a putz...........such an arrogant putz !

Don

Old 11-01-2016, 05:26 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,200 times
Poisonous or contagious?

Old 11-01-2016, 05:41 AM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times
i know the post can be entertaining- jaw dropping and like "really??" but more bothersome is the mood of the people- Is America getting weirder? I do not expect everyone to have a high level of education, I have no Masters -except in common sense, something I think is what we have lost.
Without getting into party affiliations- and looking generically at the 2 candidates- what is it people do not see? or do not want to see? I am 63 and after I matured- maybe at 35 I made a rule to myself- never ever make a decision when angry or over emotional. If I cannot think it out- it waits. I know Hillary has been one of those- we hate in politics. BUT-any reason why we do not call anyone else out besides Obama? We have several law makers from each state who decide your future more than the POTUS,,, and you keep electing them over and over? What are you really expecting a novice to do in politics, whose main conversation is bashing? You want businessman in office- is he really that good? his peers give him a thumbs down- I already know at least 5 posters already mad with my post-... why? I think we already feel the fools from the way govt has treated us, so we are on the defensive, but you really think the real TRUMP can help us? look deeper..
The fact remains that Donald Trump receives the unfaltering dedication and "hero" worship from his followers not because he speaks his mind — but the that fact that he is speaking their mind.

Last edited by tinytrump; 11-01-2016 at 05:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections