Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 03:28 PM

46 posts, read 79,831 times

Advertisements

I have yet to see a single campaign yard sign, or a bumper sticker for Trump or Clinton in town, and I do have a theory as to why. If you are a Trump supporter, you are not putting out a yard campaign sign , or a bumper sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want your property destroyed. (seen a lot of video of people's property being destroyed, because they have a Trump sign.) If you are a Clinton supporter you have not put a yard sign out, or a sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want to be identified as a Clinton supporter. ( can you find a single person who admits to have voted for Obama. I personally have never met one, or at least they will not admit it to me)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 03:39 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,317,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBear View Post
I have yet to see a single campaign yard sign, or a bumper sticker for Trump or Clinton in town, and I do have a theory as to why. If you are a Trump supporter, you are not putting out a yard campaign sign , or a bumper sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want your property destroyed. (seen a lot of video of people's property being destroyed, because they have a Trump sign.) If you are a Clinton supporter you have not put a yard sign out, or a sticker on your vehicle, because you do not want to be identified as a Clinton supporter. ( can you find a single person who admits to have voted for Obama. I personally have never met one, or at least they will not admit it to me)
I'm not sure about the Clinton supporters being reluctant, as being one is the 'smart' and 'progressive' thing to do. From my perch, it's the insane thing to do.

I haven't found Obama supporters that reluctant to admit it. The only ones that were a bit reluctant were those who backed him in 2008 (there was a lot of goodwill towards him in that election) and were less supporting of him in 2012. In my experience, people in this group were a bit embarrassed to admit they took the bait in 2008.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:53 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,453,724 times
I've seen Trump stickers and signs in the Charlotte area. I have not seen any Clinton signs.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:56 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,451,110 times
Or it could be because Clinton supporters are smart enough to keep their thoughts to themselves instead of letting the whole world know who you support. Personally I think bumper stickers and yard signs are stupid.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:02 PM

11,171 posts, read 10,943,174 times
I took the dog to our local groomer yesterday to have her nails clipped. She's been in business there for close to thirty years. There was a large Trump sign attached to the front drive of the property (it is a work from home pet grooming business).

I had to tell her that she had some serious guts putting that up in a heavily liberal part of the state (Oregon). She said she's had enough of how democratic policies are hurting small business owners. I've always thought she was a solid business in the community, and I found a deeper respect for her yesterday. She's risking potential business.

I'd be nervous putting up a Trump sign. Some looney liberal would try fire bombing my house. I think libs are going to be quite surprised how close this election is (if not won outright by Trump).

Old 09-18-2016, 04:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,866,095 times
I think it really depends on where you live, but I'd never put a yard sign on my lawn or even display a bumper sticker.

Regarding Obama supporters, in 2008 I volunteered to canvas local neighborhoods to pass out info on early voting. I wrote about this on C-D eight years ago. One man came to the door with a shotgun and started yelling. People are nuts.

I don't think it matters if you are a Democrat or a Republican, there's always the chance of being a victim of road rage or some lunatic's unhinged anger.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,866,095 times
Quote:
There's a reason it's called a secret ballot. By the way, I voted for Obama (along with 69 million others) Maybe some of us don't want to get into squabbles at the checkout line.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:28 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,889,289 times
Paper just deemed the area Valley of Trump given all the signs.

Made me laugh, it's true. It's like o.....m....GOD.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:29 PM

22,325 posts, read 11,846,623 times
Recently, we drove through MD, PA and NJ. We spotted some Trump signs in the sparsely populated parts of Frederick County, MD. Going through PA (west and north of Philadelphia) we saw a few Trump signs---again in sparsely populated areas---same with NJ. What we didn't see were any Hillary signs.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,935,278 times
Quote:
Trump signs have been up around here for months, but the reason they arent out in mass is that people have to go out of their way to buy them, where normally they are passed out by the local political offices.

Clinton signs, are just now starting to appear, as they just opened up a local office down the road..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections