Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 05:58 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You mean the 120 million voters who chose Clinton over Trump by an almost 600,000 vote margin?

There's nothing wrong with people petitioning the Electors to switch their votes. It's Constitutional, so the right wingers need to stop whining about it. Don't like it? Start your own petition to keep Trump.
They could start a petition into election fraud to make sure all those votes were legit, me thinks plenty of them are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 05:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
You mean the 120 million voters who chose Clinton over Trump by an almost 600,000 vote margin?

There's nothing wrong with people petitioning the Electors to switch their votes. It's Constitutional, so the right wingers need to stop whining about it. Don't like it? Start your own petition to keep Trump.
Have a proposition for you: Cut CA away from the US mainland, float her far far away and maybe we'll allow you to become your own country with Hillary as your leader. But don't come crying later.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Right. America will call you next week for your opinion. You'll get a taste of President Trump's mandate very soon.
Losing is painful. We get it. Next time don't put up such a damaged candidate.
Trump has won the election. He is President. I even root for him to do well. But I would point out he has all the skills to end up below GW and Carter. We have a new candidate for worst President since WWII.

Again I do not wish that.

But he has the right intellectual outlook and skill set.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:03 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
All the whiny crybullies can go to their online mecca, Vox, and have HIM tell them that it's not going to happen:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...-clinton-trump

Although, I kind of hope that they don't. Their Thanksgiving is already ruined, so let them get their hopes up for some kind of change on December 19. When they fail there and get told 'no' a second time, it will destroy their Christmas, as well.

They shouldn't mind, though, since they have had a war on Christmas for a long time.

Ahhhh, this year I'm going to say "Merry Christmas" to everyone and laugh inside.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:04 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Wow, the rightwingers are really getting defensive that Trump came in second place among the voters.

Even Jimmy Carter got over 50% of the vote and he won the popular vote, both of which Trump failed to do. It shows just how weak Trump's victory was.

60,879,648 Clinton
60,289,426 Trump
_________
590,222 Clinton's lead (and growing)

Old 11-12-2016, 06:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
All the whiny crybullies can go to their online mecca, Vox, and have HIM tell them that it's not going to happen:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...-clinton-trump

Although, I kind of hope that they don't. Their Thanksgiving is already ruined, so let them get their hopes up for some kind of change on December 19. When they fail there and get told 'no' a second time, it will destroy their Christmas, as well.

They shouldn't mind, though, since they have had a war on Christmas for a long time.

Ahhhh, this year I'm going to say "Merry Christmas" to everyone and laugh inside.
Let me start please a little ahead of time: MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!

Old 11-12-2016, 06:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump is anything but an idiot. My take is he executed a brilliant marketing plan, which is all campaigning really is. Instead of selling a used car, he's selling "vote for me's". He targeted his market, went after them hard (rust belt), and the rest as we say is history. The ultra conservatives took him too literally, and the ultra liberals just fear him. I have always wished for a businessman in Washington. I have my wish. Now we'll see what bipartisan leadership looks like, because Trump isn't a Democrat or a Republican. He's a Trump. And when he said "drain the swamp", that included both parties.
YES!!! Finally, a non supporting Trump liberal gets it. THANK YOU! Correct, correct, correct.
Quote:
Liberal and Conservative are points of view, not a line in the sand to divide a nation. This petition is the biggest and saddest pile of horse crap. I generally hate people (as an anti social introvert). This is one reason why.
This level of stupidity is pretty much why I hate most people, as well.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The purpose of the electoral college was, in Alexander Hamilton's own words, to ensure that "the office of president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.”

It seems he was anticipating just such an unqualified demagogue as Donald Trump. In short, this is the reason we have an electoral college. And the votes are anonymous, so if enough judges vote to preserve the union by voting their conscious, they can do so without repercussions.
Many states by law require them to vote by popular vote, and since they also represent the winning Political party, if your hanging your hopes on a Republican, voting for Clinton.. then you really have issues..

Old 11-12-2016, 06:09 PM

13,729 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
They could start a petition into election fraud to make sure all those votes were legit, me thinks plenty of them are not.
Put the California votes to a stringent recount you can almost guarantee the number will be much smaller.

It wouldn`t surprise me in the slightest to learn the Dems padded the Cal vote once it was apparent HC was going to lose.

They desperately need something to grab onto after such a stunning defeat.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:11 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:

The popular vote doesn't matter. If it did, the campaigns would deploy different campaign strategies. It's certainly not fair to change the goalposts after the election is over.

Either way, they can continue wasting their time collecting signatures. And I rarely make definitive predictions, but what you are suggesting, will never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections