Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 05:26 PM

25,731 posts, read 16,351,599 times

Advertisements

LOL! They are entertaining and they have made this victory lap so sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 05:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,806,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Don't you liberals understand that if elections were decided by the popular vote, Trump would have run an entirely different campaign strategy? And your precious queen still would have lost. Trump was never trying to win the popular vote because that's not what wins elections.

Enough with your nonsense excuses.
Well, since that's not what happened or ever will happen under the present system, your post is pure conjecture.

Time to move on, look ahead, and come together to find common goals that all can agree upon. No point in disregarding the input, wisdom, and talents of half of the voting population.

Let's start with infrastructure. I am no Trump supporter, but was glad to hear him say that improving the infrastructure would be one of his earliest goals. It needs it, badly, and that's something most of us can agree upon.

If Trump can make other practical and realistic proposals, they will be similarly well-received and this country can heal a lot faster than if he, and more significantly, his followers, insist upon divisiveness and gloating over their victory.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:37 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,410,582 times
Maybe, just maybe, this petition, combined with all the anti-Trump protests, will cause our politicians and civic leaders to reflect on the current situation and start the whole presidential election all over again.

We will keep repeating it until everyone is happy.

With any luck, they will just sit down and re-write the whole constitution to a third grade reading level so people can understand how elections and government actually works.

They can also add an amendment, saying that the current popular thing on Facebook will be passed into law the next day.

That will solve everything.
We can only hope.

Now I totally understand that saying about the movie IDIOCRACY actually being more true to life than we realize.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:06 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,791,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I do not engage in social media like Facebook for many reasons, not the least of which is being exposed to this emotion based sophomoric nonsense.
Regardless, send them this video to help educate them on our constitutional republic. It is put in such a way that even uneducated people can learn from it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy3lNi0jXMA

`

Wow this is how I know I have a disability. I feel like peanut from Jeff Dunham.
I still don't really understand what an electoral college is or why we are encouraged to go out and vote..or rather why even voting actually exists.

So they just pick random people from each state I guess?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:10 PM

1,504 posts, read 844,459 times
SORRY...its over...get on with life. Make the best of what you have....

Old 11-10-2016, 06:12 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,561,511 times
It does not matter--HILLARY CONCEDED THE ELECTION TO TRUMP! SHE QUIT..end of story!

Old 11-10-2016, 06:20 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,758,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
It does not matter--HILLARY CONCEDED THE ELECTION TO TRUMP! SHE QUIT..end of story!
This is true!

Another reason that they need to make sure History and US Government is taught in schools from a young age. We've had to educate our kids on that and Science. Mysteries of the Museum is actually one of their favorite shows. My daughter who is 9 was taught what the electoral college vote is at school. I did have to explain it to her a little differently but she gets it.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:21 PM

11,104 posts, read 7,840,199 times
THIS JUST IN

All those who signed the petition will receive a little trophy for participating.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,924,835 times
Foolish at best. People think popular vote means something, or that these results even mean anything. They should think about the fact that close to 100M people didn't even vote, there were about 126M votes in a country with close to 230M eligible voters. Of those who did vote, the gap between Hillary and Trump in the popular vote is hardly even 1%.

Anyone with a quarter of a functioning brain in their head would also realize that if both of these candidates spent 18 months running a campaign on targeting popular vote, the entire election would have gone down much differently, and the actual voter turnout would probably have been much different, and nobody has a clue how that would turn out.

Typical of Hillary supporters though, thinking that the rules are only meant to help them manipulate the system if they can find a way to make it benefit them.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:48 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,347,540 times
OMG. Can this really happen?

Why of course it can. Match those signatures with dollars and she'll sign on to it.

Just send her the cash please. Non refundable of course.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections