Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 12:40 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
That's nice but we've been commanded to help others...

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:36-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Deleted original post... need to be nicer.

Although... seriously... Don't be holier than thou.

If you missed what I said before editing and want to keep pushing this angle, let me know and I will re-post.

Your silence will tell me I was right in what I said at first.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 12:42 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
The MSM assaulted Trump after the debate because he said that he wouldn't just arbitrarily accept the elections results. Ummm...

Old 11-12-2016, 12:43 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechMan186 View Post

Another thing to remember is the House. As said, the House to a degree reflects the "popular will," if you will. Yet, even though the popular vote went to Hillary, the House remained Republican.

Actually no it doesn't. This is due largely to Republican gerrymandering, making it very hard for Democrats to regain the House majority. So Republicans have a congressional "firewall" of sorts. It would take basically a revolution, a massive movement of liberal voters to be able to get it back.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:44 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Once CA and it's hundreds of sanctuary cities lose federal funding, they are going to cry like a two year old that just had it's candy taken away.
That's easy.

Sanctuary cities should stop paying federal taxes.

#boom

Old 11-12-2016, 12:46 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Yes, I fight to help my neighbors because I love them as myself.

Thanks for asking tho.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:47 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Clinton did not win the popular vote... Buy a long shot.

First of all, she’s probably not going to win the actual number of votes cast. She may win the number of votes counted, but not the votes cast.

States don’t count their absentee ballots unless the number of outstanding absentee ballots is larger than the state margin of difference. If there is a margin of 1000 votes counted and there are 1300 absentee ballots outstanding, then the state tabulates those. If the number of outstanding absentee ballots wouldn’t influence the election results, then the absentee ballots aren’t counted.
Who votes by absentee ballot? Students overseas, the military, business people on trips, etc.

The historical breakout for absentee ballots is about 67-33% Republican.

Let us go 1 electoral vote per county or parish.
You can't say she didn't win the popular vote until it's proven she didn't win the popular vote. This is just speculation on your part.

Not complaining, but I'm just amazed at how people here think that facts are up for debate.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:48 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Quote:
Yes, I fight to help my neighbors because I love them as myself.

Thanks for asking tho.

Do those "neighbors" down in Oakland get along as well as you do up on your hill overlooking them?

https://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Piedmont-California/

http://search.globalpropertyguide.co...l/switzerland/

**********18Montclair************

Last edited by Texas Minded; 11-12-2016 at 01:30 PM..

Old 11-12-2016, 12:49 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
When do rational folks just stop replying to the sore losers who lost fair and square? They lost and it makes them feel better if they can drag us winners into an argument.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:53 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Clifornia chooes not to enforce laws.

Quote:
blah blah blah

CA DLs for undocumented drivers clearly note that federal limits apply.

The hysteria is laughable.
So under your BaBaBa theory these same people should be deported by accordance of Federal Law. So California reward s Illegals without a Passport, Visa or even a work permit a CA>DL?

Well that makes Sense!

So therefor under Trump the US Marshal Service can remove and arrest the Jerry Brown Government, right down to the local council man or woman!

Old 11-12-2016, 12:56 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
No what I hate is biting the hand that feeds you.
You're not feeding me anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections