Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:24 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
You`ll be disappointed that we don`t have a president who mocks the handicapped and knows more about ISIS than the generals?
That's really a stupid post.

I'm no fan of Trump. I hate Hillary.

I am a Constitutional originalist. If Hillary wins, the Dems will happily continue with the trampling of our Constitution. In contrast, if Trump wins, the Dems will suddenly find a respect for the Constitution's limits on the powers of POTUS.

Its that simple, for me.

Now, turning to your simple comments above, I despair at the apparent lack of objectivity so prevailing among our populace, as so well-illustrated by your partisan biased comments above.

As if either of them are models of civility and or grace, or either of them knows anything at all about foreign affairs... Please... Move along, sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Sit back and watch the whining as he realizes that he can't actually do most of what he wants because of congress.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:13 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Put the trailer on the market and dig up your box of pennies?

It may be a good idea but Trump supporters will think everything is rosy and they will not sell their trailers or retrieve their cash from the ground.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:19 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Absolutely. Because more American jobs, lower insurance premiums, a vibrant energy program, less illegal aliens living off the system & taking jobs, a strong military and better care for Veterans will absolutely RUIN this country.
No, it won't, but we are imagining a Trump presidency here, not a Hillary presidency.

Quote:
I'm old enough to remember all of the Liberals and their Ronald Raygun signs who swore that Reagan would destroy the world. Didn't happen, won't happen this time. We survived Carter, we can survive anything.
Do you remember all the liberals who said George W. Bush will frack up the world economy? How did that turn out?

Oh, Raygun's trickle down policy didn't destroy the world but it did destroy the US economy. Guess what, Trump is proposing the same policy.

Quote:
A
As for me, once I stop laughing and singing "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" (which could actually take a few days), I'll just go on with my life with the hope that Washington will finally get it's head out of it's a$$ and FIX THIS COUNTRY.
So the man who knows nothing about government and has legions of enemies on Capital Hill is going to fix this country? How? By twitting about it?

Old 11-02-2016, 01:24 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Breath a sigh of relief...and look for news of Hillary's indictment on page 23.

And maybe sell my Smith & Wesson stock.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:56 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,963,523 times
I think the Republicans and Democrats in Congress will keep Donald in line as much as they can by blocking any outrageous ideas and trying to clean up messes he creates. The economy is sure to tank until he's either impeached or resigns. But with his mouth, we can count on a crisis every day and insults against world leaders on a regular basis. Never has there been a candidate so ill-prepared and without the temperament for the job. His followers will be bitterly disappointed when the coal miners find out that he can't get their jobs back, that factories will not be re-opening, that imports from China will not stop because you can't enact a 35% tariff on foreign goods and you can't build a wall to keep the brown people out.

Old 11-02-2016, 06:45 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Enjoy life. Just as I always do.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:36 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I think the Republicans and Democrats in Congress will keep Donald in line as much as they can by blocking any outrageous ideas and trying to clean up messes he creates. The economy is sure to tank until he's either impeached or resigns. But with his mouth, we can count on a crisis every day and insults against world leaders on a regular basis. Never has there been a candidate so ill-prepared and without the temperament for the job. His followers will be bitterly disappointed when the coal miners find out that he can't get their jobs back, that factories will not be re-opening, that imports from China will not stop because you can't enact a 35% tariff on foreign goods and you can't build a wall to keep the brown people out.
Hopefully the Mexicans will build that wall.

http://themoderatevoice.com/wp-conte...167848_600.jpg

Old 11-03-2016, 11:12 AM

432 posts, read 669,048 times
Be thankful.

Old 11-03-2016, 01:21 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug. I will go to work. Later I will be focused on my cat to be honest. I am getting him back from the vets that day if he survives the cancer removal surgery.

If he is asleep (or....ASLEEP) I will probably come on here, comment some....maybe play a VR game on my Vive or PSVR. Review Nate Silvers after election report. Watch the chaos unfold.
Good luck with your kitty. Been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections