Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Look at the polls that were accurate. Trump was dead without the help of Comey. And with a September or October announcement that he was working with the Russians...you gotta be out of your mind to think he would have survived a Clinton oriented Comey.

Comey helped Trump and screwed the Americans. And is getting rewarded for it by being harassed .
Incorrect.

I said from 2015 on this forum that Trump would win it. Why? Because Clinton lost on every item important to Americans.
  • Jobs vs globalization
  • Wars of choice with no end
  • Establishment politicians selling their position
  • Illegal Aliens
  • Islamic Terrorism
  • Crime & poverty in those Democrat Plantation inner cities.
I said this many times. Do a search history on me. Clinton's loss was because of that. The dog & pony show about her email was the MSM telling you how to think.

I was proved right.

(oh and here's another prediction. In 2018, the Democrats still lose on every single one of these issues)

Old 02-04-2018, 02:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect.

I said from 2015 on this forum that Trump would win it. Why? Because Clinton lost on every item important to Americans.
  • Jobs vs globalization
  • Illegal Aliens
  • Islamic Terrorism
I said this many times. Do a search history on me. Clinton's loss was because of that. The dog & pony show about her email was the MSM telling you how to think.

I was proved right.

(oh and here's another prediction. In 2018, the Democrats still lose on every single one of these issues)
Your post simply maintains the nonsense.

From Nate Silver probably the most positive on Trump prior to the election...

"The Comey letter corresponded with a sharp decline in Clinton's polling, of a large enough magnitude to change the election result. The media gave disproportionate attention to the Comey letter and other email-related stores. "

The Real Story Of 2016 | FiveThirtyEight

Clinton took the popular vote by a significant margin. She lost by an eyelash. The Comey letter did her in.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:15 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Incorrect.

• Jobs vs globalization
  • Illegal Aliens
  • Islamic Terrorism

I was proved right.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:12 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

Nate Silver? GTFOH He said that Trump had a 2% chance to even be nominated. And when he said it, I said that Nate Silver was going to be eating a lot of crow. I was proved right on that too.

Before making calls of nonsense, you might want to go get some actual facts.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Nate Silver? GTFOH He said that Trump had a 2% chance to even be nominated. And when he said it, I said that Nate Silver was going to be eating a lot of crow. I was proved right on that too.

Before making calls of nonsense, you might want to go get some actual facts.
Which he corrected as the campaign went on.

And he had Trump with a 28% chance of winning just before the election...the highest probability of any of the majors.

And he correctly points out the big change in the Clinton advantage that happens after the Comey letter.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:19 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Wang seems to have:

1. Underestimated the number of fed up people
2. Overestimated the number of people who liked Hillary Clinton
3. Underestimated the corruption in the democratic party
4. Overestimated Hillary Clinton's intelligence
5. Undercounted Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio
6. Overestimated the importance of the popular vote

In short, Mr. Wang needs to find a new job --- like, bagging groceries.
Nope! He would probably overestimate the number of items to put in a bag and it would burst when I was taking it out of the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
So do you want to arrive home from the grocery store -where Wang bags- and find that instead of 5 bananas, there are 14; and instead of a six-pack of Cola, there are only four?

Not me.
Maybe he would be better digging a hole and refilling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark59 View Post
These BS polls did this because they knew the fix was in and Clinton and Obama committed illegals acts in an attempt to steal our election.

Now we all know why Hillary never traveled to campaigns and has a super party planned. They all thought they could cheat and she would win.
Exactly! Not really sure what part of their plan was off, maybe someone became honest at the last minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
First off, popular vote don't mean squat. Second off, I still doubt Hillary would have been president if the election was held on October 27. She was already way corrupt before that. Why are you lefties making such a big deal out of the emails? It just exposed that she was untrustworthy and unfit to lead our great nation. Comey helped America. By the way, 306-232 is more than an eyelash or less.
They are making the argument that if Hillary is nominated in 2020, she is sure thing! This is what happens when one fails to identify the real issue, Hillary was the worst candidate in the history of our country!

Quote:
Look at the polls that were accurate. Trump was dead without the help of Comey. And with a September or October announcement that he was working with the Russians...you gotta be out of your mind to think he would have survived a Clinton oriented Comey.

Comey helped Trump and screwed the Americans. And is getting rewarded for it by being harassed .
Not about Trump, it was about Clinton from the get-go. Remember Comey defended Clinton initially despite how his agency as a whole felt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Typical Leftie. Oh, it was Comey, oh it was voter suppression, oh it was Russia interference. Look, October 27 was what, a week and a half before the election? I'm fairly certain a lot of minds were made up by that point. You are just using Clinton's talking pints about being a terrible candidate who The American People despised. Comey did help America by exposing Clinton for what she really was. A liar, traitor, thief... I could go on and on.
I'm telling you, Hillary is still running for POTUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrhj View Post
The Original poll was a joke

Those Hillary Polls were Being Used To Shape Opinion, Not Reflect Opinion

After the Rise of Fake News And Advocacy Journalism
None Are to be Trusted
Exactly! Excellent post!

Quote:
Did you first say that Trump wouldn't be elected, then say that he would be impeached by now?

Old Gringo, you aren't exactly living reality.

Carry on. (no link needed)

#MAGA
I do believe you are right, but am guessing you missed "Trump will never be nominated."

Quote:

And he had Trump with a 28% chance of winning just before the election...the highest probability of any of the majors.

And he correctly points out the big change in the Clinton advantage that happens after the Comey letter.
Yeah, I'm not seeing it: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/ Graph shows June thru Nov, if he predicted something after the election............

Old 02-04-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Nope! He would probably overestimate the number of items to put in a bag and it would burst when I was taking it out of the car!

Yeah, I'm not seeing it: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/ Graph shows June thru Nov, if he predicted something after the election............
Top of the page Trump at 28.6%

Further down the page you can see Clinton lose ground and Trump gain until the second Comey starts it going the other way...but not enough time left.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:51 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

We had a weatherman like that also. He could tell you Tuesday what the prior Monday's weather would be.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:44 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
We had a weatherman like that also. He could tell you Tuesday what the prior Monday's weather would be.
That would be our Lefty supporters here. If Che was running they would say of would win by a land slide

Old 02-05-2018, 05:52 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:

"The Comey letter corresponded with a sharp decline in Clinton's polling, of a large enough magnitude to change the election result. The media gave disproportionate attention to the Comey letter and other email-related stores. "

The Real Story Of 2016 | FiveThirtyEight

Clinton took the popular vote by a significant margin. She lost by an eyelash. The Comey letter did her in.
It wasn't the Comey letter that cost her the election; she cost herself the election on September 9th. Keep in mind that public opinion does not move that quick. On SEP 9th she gave a speech in NYC, I quote from http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-deplorables/:

"Speaking at the LGBT for Hillary Gala in New York City on Sept. 9, 2016, Clinton said that Trump’s supporters were "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic."" In that same paragraph you can see that "Trump said the remarks showed "her true contempt for everyday Americans."". But he did not have to say that; we already knew that.

Your side will never learn; you catch more flies with honey. Once you insult half the voters they will never, in their right mind, vote for you! As smart as Hillary likes to think of herself; she was stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections