Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:10 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
So you've got this whole long list and then at the end you negate the whole thing by saying you're just going to base your vote on gay marriage? And who do you agree with on gay marriage?
3 most important issues I look for in the next POTUS are: Someone who can protect civil liberties not allow any outside bias to hinder civil liberties. Furthermore, does not allow outside financial gain or corporations influence to affect policies. Third upholds the US Constitution.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:13 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I will vote with gusto for Hillary Clinton today.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:16 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
A vote for the third party is a vote for Hillary.

So think carefully when you vote.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:32 AM

I don't know guess I'll stick with Johnson. Out of the big 4 he is the only one who seems to have the best ideas to lead this Nation. Even though it seems like a sinking ship I'll stick withe him just as I voted for Senator Sanders.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:18 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,183,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
3 most important issues I look for in the next POTUS are: Someone who can protect civil liberties not allow any outside bias to hinder civil liberties. Furthermore, does not allow outside financial gain or corporations influence to affect policies. Third upholds the US Constitution.

If that's your criteria then you have no choice but to vote for Gary Johnson. Forget about Bill Weld. As much as they are saying you'll get "two for one" with them and that they will co-govern, that will not be the case. The VP is largely a figurehead and in my opinion only really matters in terms of his/her position as President of the Senate should there be a tie that needs breaking.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:19 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I planned to vote for Johnson. With Weld support waning I don't know anymore. Anyone feel the same and not wanting to vote?
Anyone but Trump, staying home is better than voting Trump.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:48 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I voted already, it depressed the hell out of me, but I did it. Since I didn't feel I could morally vote for either of the two major party candidates I opted to vote for "I hate your candidates," meaning I voted 3rd Party.

I'd be depressed too if I abdicated my responsibility and voted third party during an election that has so much at stake. The future makeup of the Supreme Court is possibly the most important long-term issue that you walked away from. Secondly, your choice for Commander in Chief of the US military was tossed into the trash bin...you surely must have given that some thought. Thirdly, you chose to ignore some real issues such as immigration, taxation, and healthcare. You are now dead weight and you should know better. Why bother to go through the charade of voting for nothing and then whine about it on CD?

Old 11-04-2016, 11:52 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
I vote only because I feel that at least I've let someone know how I feel -- this year, i am voting for Johnson, mostly because I think HRC and Trump are both horrible people. I doubt if my vote truly matters, though. I feel that the powers behind the Presidency have already determined that Clinton will win because it is in their interest that things continue as they have been. (But that is not to say that Trump is not part of their cabal, either -- it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that were the case!)

I mean, have things really changed in 100 years as far as how the U.S. is regarding who has the great majority of wealth and power, and who doesn't?

Old 11-04-2016, 11:55 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I'd be depressed too if I abdicated my responsibility and voted third party during an election that has so much at stake. The future makeup of the Supreme Court is possibly the most important long-term issue that you walked away from. Secondly, your choice for Commander in Chief of the US military was tossed into the trash bin...you surely must have given that some thought. Thirdly, you chose to ignore some real issues such as immigration, taxation, and healthcare. You are now dead weight and you should know better. Why bother to go through the charade of voting for nothing and then whine about it on CD?
Of course you are welcome to your opinion, but The Chicago Tribune (plus myself and millions of other people) believe differently. According to the latest polls, Johnson and Stein now have a combined total of about 6 percent of the vote -- and some polls put that figure at up to 9 percent.

A principled option for U.S. president: Endorsing Gary Johnson, Libertarian - Chicago Tribune

If everyone just gives up and continues to vote for things as they have been just because they are afraid of wasting their vote, nothing will ever change.

P.S. Of course, as I have said before, I think there is an excellent chance that ANY vote for POTUS doesn't actually matter because I think the election is actually decided by others. I think voting is just something to make the average person feel like they have a say in who will be the figurehead that supposedly leads us.

(Gotta go, now -- I have an appointment for a fitting of my new tinfoil hat, LOL.)

Last edited by katharsis; 11-04-2016 at 12:03 PM..

Old 11-04-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Johnson does have the best immigration and Healthcare plans of the candidates. Most of them don't really have a great tax plan. Johnsons is okay, but there is more that needs to be done figure that can be hashed out in the Congress.

As far as Supreme Courts I hope Johnson pick Janice Rogers Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections