Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:14 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
What about Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Quigg? He Endorsed Hillary Clinton for President... What about the recent liberal campaign donor to Hillary who referred to African Americans as "Nazi Guards" that killed jews?

Why would Hillary accept money from these people if she is for African Americans ?

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | Politics | US News
That is so ridiculous. did you actually read it in full?

And sorry, it's the words out of Trumps mouth. He wants to ban an ethnicity. That is racist. There is no way to argue it any differently. You can point to all the conspiracy theories and accusations you want. All we need to know about Trump and racism and sexism will come from trump himself.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:16 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Oh definitely. Bernie's "I"m speaking please" while he yelled non-stop was most certainly sexist. Hillary is expected to shut it while it's ok for them to talk over her. That's par for the course in gender relations.

Anyhow, my main point is that the narrative surrounding Hillary is rooted in sexism. Do you actually know anything about her? Have you read her books? Have you read/watched her floor speeches? Have you wanted the countless hearing hours on cspan? have you reviewed the minutes? Most haven't but still have opinions and those opinions have been spoon fed by a sexist narrative.
Wow, you've been thoroughly drowned in the Kool-Aid at this point. Even willing to weaponize claims of sexism and aim them at Sanders supporters.

My niece was a major Obama grassroots worker and despises Hillary as a corporatist...I guess she's sexist too. You've really gone over the edge. Good day.

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Better yet...why do so many Americans hate CNN?
I think they are now the #1 cable news channel, supplanting FNC.

I guess they hate other news channel more then.

Mick

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I'm a woman who hates Hillary. I'm sexist. Fancy that.
Yes , and many Hillary supporters would probably label you a racist deplorable too.. Sadly.
Funny how they claim to be so tolerant....yet the moment you disagree..

3,429 posts, read 2,730,990 times
The article seems generally on-target to me, except that the author has bought into the amorphous "Hillary lies" chant without offering any testable specifics to back up this claim. In other threads in this forum I've tried to nail down the specific lies that she is believed to have told - exact quotes that can be analyzed - but in the end the supposed facts turn out to be mostly just vague feelings based on some general feeling that "everybody knows." In other words, "it must be true because so many people say it" so we need not bother digging into specific details.

I'm not claiming that she has never told a lie. I'm only saying that, by virtually any objective measure, the widespread accusations against her are not actually fair or reasonable. Most politicians have far worse skeletons in their closets, but in this age of the internet every flaw or possible flaw is magnified and instantly solidified into something believed to be "obvious truth" by millions of people who were already seeking any rationalization they could find for hating any established politician. Hillary has been a primary target of this vilification for years because for years it has been obvious that she was setting herself up to run for president, and for years it has been obvious that she might stand a reasonably good chance of winning.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:17 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I think they are now the #1 cable news channel, supplanting FNC.

I guess they hate other news channel more then.

Mick
lol no

Old 11-04-2016, 11:18 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Of course many people hate the Clintons -- A decades-long smear campaign on AM hate radio, Fox News, Drudge, e-mail chain letters and crank rightwing websites has taken its toll. As they say, if you repeat lies and innuendo long enough people accept them as facts.

The Republican Party used to stand for integrity, family values and law and order. Those principles are long gone and have been replaced by dirty mudslinging and voter suppression. They have become a trash party of tabloid politics.
Much of the Republican, and almost all of the Libertarian Party, stands for the protection of the life, liberty, dignity, and property of the responsible individual, regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality or any other inherent trait, above all other principles. Any syrupy appeal to some "greater common good" might have a grain or two of truth to it -- but most of the grain went though the horse years ago! The Democratic Party was hijacked by radicals back in the early Seventies, and can sustain itself only by attracting a more exotic group of losers, outsiders and misfits -- to many of whom are "disadvantaged" mostly due to their own choices and attitudes -- with each campaign cycle.

We've had enough of paying the freight for those who treat us with contempt -- while seeking mostly to avoid the gritty, unappreciated jobs which (even Trump can't admit) will still have to be done in post-industrial America. Those are the facts that no politician seems willing to recognize. Hillary just seems to have a more difficult time glossing them over -- suprising for someone with her "talents".

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-04-2016 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-04-2016, 11:19 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If not for her supporting , NAFTA , her ties to Wall Street , her email scandal.

I'd probably consider voting for her...unfortunately we can't remove those things.
I can't vote for either one but I live in one of those pre-decided states so my vote won't matter so I can vote 3rd party in protest.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:20 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Considering Republicans hated on Obama just as much, Hillary shouldn't take it personal. They can't help it - that's who they are.

Mick
I would respectfully dispute your point. I agree that there is a significant faction of republicans that literally hated Obama.....but my experience is that number of people in general (of all stripes) that hate, or extremely dislike HRC is far more wide spread. Maybe not as deep....but far wider.

I'm kind of a middle of the roader....socially more liberal, fiscally more conservative. I voted for Obama twice, but I will NOT vote for HRC. Her sleaze factor is just off the charts for me.

This election is a tough one for most of us who aren't totally partisan hacks. I'm still not sure how to handle this election. My thoughts change from day to day, and sometimes hour to hour as I evaluate the situation. I've run the full gamut, from pinching my nose and voting for HRC, to pinching my nose and voting for trump, to voting 3rd party, to just abstaining from voting for President at all.

In the end, I'll probably end up either abstaining from the Presidential vote, or voting for Trump. Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow!

Old 11-04-2016, 11:21 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I accuse her of supporting NAFTA and having deeeeep corporate and wall street ties. She's also a global hawk. Frankly, she's a socially liberal Republican.

The average US worker has suffered a lot from both off-shoring and on-shoring (illegal laborers) that have driven down real wages for the men and women that measure their salary not in annual take home but in an hourly rate.

It's sad. Pitiful really that there isn't a candidate left in this election that will do anything differently than what Bush 2.0 or Bush 3.0 (Obama) have done.

But don't worry, she's going to take those oil companies record profits.....she kept that promise....as campaign donations.
All talking points you can find on a FB meme. Pick a topic and take a deep dive with your own research. I'd love to read it. I've spent the last few days reading about NAFTA and MFG. I come to find that MFG was nose diving since the 40s while production in the US steeply increased. As mentioned in another thread the finger is pointing at automation. So, that's one aspect that is bully. What else? What jobs are illegals taking from us that is driving down wages? I'd love to have someone explain it to me in detail.

As far as wall street goes- Trump wants to deregulate wall street. He wants to dismantle dodd-frank. Hillary doesn't and with Warren and Sanders in her fold what exactly do you think she's going to do with wall street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections