Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 09:36 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,567,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...one of the things that will be missed most about Obama is what a fabulous orator he is.
Corps men.

I loved when he was orating that if I like my insurance I can keep my insurance, and if I like my doctor I can keep my doctor, and that I could expect to save US$ 2,500 each year on insurance costs!

There is an old Doaist saying:

Fine-sounding words are not always true, and true words are not always fine-sounding.

Amazing that the ancients (circa 500 BC) in China understood this and yet even today so many do not.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:43 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,952,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As I have said before...After 8 years of dry drunk Dubya and the possibility of a limited vocabulary Trump, one of the things that will be missed most about Obama is what a fabulous orator he is.
Oh yes .. he is a great teleprompter reader - and so eloquent - till the power goes out. And he has that hypnotic cadence thing down pat. That so impressed so many starting back in 2007/2008, didn't it, that they are still under the trance. What a shame we will have to listen sometimes to less polished speech but full of truth, real caring about America and inclusion for all American citizens, even the ones who are miserable, unthinking, selfish and mean spirited enough to want to hate the rest of us.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:17 PM

17,875 posts, read 27,267,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I loved when he was orating that
Quote:
Originally Posted by BO
if I like my insurance I can keep my insurance, and if I like my doctor I can keep my doctor, and that I could expect to save US$ 2,500 each year on insurance costs!
Bwah ha ha! Good1

Knee-slapper.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:26 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,281,072 times
Clinton supporters can stop telling me about Trump’s flaws. I am well aware of them. Both of the leading candidates are flawed. None of us have the option to pick the unflawed candidate. But we do get to pick more of the same for four more years versus something probably different.

These two flawed candidates have given us two of the clearest, different choices that voters have ever had in my lifetime. I am grateful for that choice.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:28 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,755,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
He said some pretty bad things about Hillary when he was running against her in 2008, then lauded her afterwards. He will do the same with Trump.
Yes he did and also about Sarah Palin also.

While Trump is no angel, I will still take him over Hillary.

Old 11-06-2016, 01:31 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,416,150 times
Sure, gotta trust the guy who campaigned/visited in all of the 57 states, creator of the "affordable" care act where one could keep their own doctor, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

oh, and this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/06/politi...ing-polarized/

"Obama most polarizing president in modern history"

Old 11-06-2016, 01:35 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,769,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think the world of President Obama. Guy has it all going on. He is intelligent, wise, funny, and a hard worker. One of the few people in this world I would love to share a few cold ones with.

Here is how a man with class and temperament to be POTUS handles a problem:

If that were Trump up there, he would be calling to have the guy taken out on a stretcher, but Obama brought it right back to reality.

I really am going to miss him.
You must have low standards since Obama is going to go down in history as a pretty bad president. A hard worker? He's done pretty much nothing in his second term except tick off most of the rest of the world.

I also hope all of you Obama fans know that Hillary isn't the same as Obama... she's a much more corrupt, stereotypical career politician.

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!!!!

Old 11-06-2016, 07:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,823,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Barak has become unhinged and desperate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The liberals are crying about Russia nowadays, but Barak and the liberals had no foresight about Russia just four years ago while Gov. Romney did. Watch as the liberals were gloating over this debate exchange, which turned out to be egg on their faces.
I usually don't correct people, since I'm also human and make mistakes, but you keep misspelling President Obama's name. It is Barack. Seriously, no matter what someone thinks about him, people really need to know how to spell our 44th president's name!

Old 11-06-2016, 08:14 PM

592 posts, read 499,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Oh yes .. he is a great teleprompter reader - and so eloquent - till the power goes out. And he has that hypnotic cadence thing down pat. That so impressed so many starting back in 2007/2008, didn't it, that they are still under the trance. What a shame we will have to listen sometimes to less polished speech but full of truth, real caring about America and inclusion for all American citizens, even the ones who are miserable, unthinking, selfish and mean spirited enough to want to hate the rest of us.
Faux news is a master of creating an alternate reality. Unfortunately for Faux viewers and their talking heads is that they end up believing the lies, and end up getting SPANKED by one President Barack Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QunK-36aELw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections