Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Liberal, do you vote for Trump?
Yes 14 31.11%
No 31 68.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:32 PM

21,988 posts, read 15,605,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
We have no reason to vote for trump.
Exactly. I don't believe the OP is a liberal at all, especially after reading the posts that followed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 11:33 PM

16,163 posts, read 8,313,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Obviously i don't have the right to vote but if i could, I would go with Trump for sure.
Really hate most of the media trying to make him look like Hitler.

All these celebrities supporting Hillary because she doesn't stand a chance without their influence, smh.
I also lost a lot of respect for Obama for supporting Hillary, i think a sitting president should not get involved in elections.
He is going far beyond what any previous president has done, and frankly it is sickening.
He is deriding his own FBI director just because he wouldn't knuckle under to Loretta Lynch and Obama's "justice" department. He is saying irresponsible things to his low information base voters like "the fate of the world is at stake in this election".

In reality, he is probably worried about his own fate, as he knows Hillary will be corrupt and pardon him if he is proved to have known about her private server, and once again lied to the American people.
What sensible person really believes Obama didn't know, and never communicated via email with his own SoS all those years.
Heck the Wikileaked emails show he was using a pseudonym as per her own staffs comments. Thus he would get wrapped up in this scandal and at least damage his reputation further, and may even have committed a crime.

Thus everything is on the line for him as well, because Trump will expose the dirty underbelly of corruption in Washington DC.
With Hillary, it will be business as usual.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:40 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,534,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
He is going far beyond what any previous president has done, and frankly it is sickening.
He is deriding his own FBI director just because he wouldn't knuckle under to Loretta Lynch and Obama's "justice" department. He is saying irresponsible things to his low information base voters like "the fate of the world is at stake in this election".

In reality, he is probably worried about his own fate, as he knows Hillary will be corrupt and pardon him if he is proved to have known about her private server, and once again lied to the American people.
What sensible person really believes Obama didn't know, and never communicated via email with his own SoS all those years.
Heck the Wikileaked emails show he was using a pseudonym as per her own staffs comments. Thus he would get wrapped up in this scandal and at least damage his reputation further, and may even have committed a crime.

Thus everything is on the line for him as well, because Trump will expose the dirty underbelly of corruption in Washington DC.
With Hillary, it will be business as usual.
You are wrong on every single count. Comey is a bought-off crook. And ever since he released that letter about what might or might not be in those mythical new emails, he's said not a word since. *crickets* And why? Because he's done the damage he was directed to do.

As for Wikileaks: Assange has a pathological hatred of Hillary Clinton and is targeting only her. If he really wanted the American people to know the whole truth (and some of the emails he's released have been exposed as forgeries), he'd be hacking and releasing Trump's emails, as well. But he doesn't. Get a clue.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:42 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
No liberals are voting for Trump. By definition, if someone votes for Trump, they do not believe in liberal principles because there is no possibility they can support him if they do.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:44 PM

10,647 posts, read 15,915,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Nope. And it won't. The United States isn't Europe. Different political system, different people.
It did in 1993 (New York), 2001 (New York), 2002 (Los Angeles), 2009 (Fort Hood and Little Rock), 2013 (Boston), 2015 (San Bernardino and Garland) and 2016 (Orlando).
That's only including the deathly attacks in the name of Islam.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You are wrong on every single count. Comey is a bought-off crook. And ever since he released that letter about what might or might not be in those mythical new emails, he's said not a word since. *crickets* And why? Because he's done the damage he was directed to do.
Spot on and a 1000 reps to you if I could.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:50 PM

10,647 posts, read 15,915,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly. I don't believe the OP is a liberal at all, especially after reading the posts that followed.
My girlfriend is a Thai transgender, we have been together for almost 5 years, it can't get much more liberal than that.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:52 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,020,768 times
Quote:
It did in 1993 (New York), 2001 (New York), 2002 (Los Angeles), 2009 (Fort Hood and Little Rock), 2013 (Boston), 2015 (San Bernardino and Garland) and 2016 (Orlando).
That's only including the deathly attacks in the name of Islam.
1. Wisconsin Sikh Temple massacre, Aug. 5, 2012.

2. The murder of Dr. George Tiller, May 31, 2009.

3. Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, July 27, 2008.

4. The murder of Dr. John Britton, July 29, 1994.

5. The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, July 27, 1996.

6. The murder of Barnett Slepian byJames Charles Kopp, Oct. 23, 1998.

7. Planned Parenthood bombing, Brookline, Massachusetts, 1994.

8. Suicide attack on IRS building in Austin, Texas, Feb. 18, 2010.

9. The murder of Alan Berg, June 18, 1984.

10. Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing, April 19, 1995.

10 horrific examples of Christian right-wing terrorism. Should we ban Christians from the US?

Old 11-04-2016, 11:54 PM

29,760 posts, read 18,629,952 times
Quote:
Obviously i don't have the right to vote but if i could, I would go with Trump for sure.
Really hate most of the media trying to make him look like Hitler.

All these celebrities supporting Hillary because she doesn't stand a chance without their influence, smh.
I also lost a lot of respect for Obama for supporting Hillary, i think a sitting president should not get involved in elections.
I work in the Middle East with a very diverse workforce. I just tell everyone of course you think Trump is the evil even worse Satan, that's all you've heard since Trump became a Republican. You have peripherally heard some of the real negative stuff on Hillary but that is a gold mine of evil.

In general, we've never had a worse choice than these two....I would rather have Trump. I was hoping for a candidate that was a unifier and was inspiring, obviously I didn't get my wish.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
My girlfriend is a Thai transgender, we have been together for almost 5 years, it can't get much more liberal than that.
That doesn't make you a liberal. See Log Cabin Republicans. They vote Republican even though the GOP has told them openly they don't support them and this year even made sure they knew anti-gay was part of the Republican platform. Log Cabin Republicans are sad and laughable at the same time. "Please like us!" "No"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections