U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2016, 12:48 AM
 
2,940 posts, read 2,209,702 times
Reputation: 2294

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Donald Trump has a history of "othering" black people and the Trump Corporations history of housing discrimination against blacks does not help.

Another question that we (yes, I am black) have is why didn't Trump make an effort to hire blacks BEFORE he ran for office. When it is well within his power to employ Americans by manufacturing his own products in the United States, why are ALL of his (and Ivanka's and Melania's) products made overseas and imported into the US. If they care so much about JOBS, wouldn't it make sense for them to walk the talk?

Not to mention that Trump talks as if ALL black people live in war torn ghettos and that insinuation is extremely offensive. Also he stated "your" schools and "your" neighborhoods as is if black people are a part of another country or something. Trump did not reach out to black Americans at all. And on top of all of the above, black people do not like Trump because his rallies are full of people who literally hate us. He has a LARGE following of w hite s upremacists and w hite n ationalists and his rallies remind us of Klan rallies.

Trump's message is Dem policies have failed the inner city AA communities for decades. Why not give me a chance. So, yes 15-25% of the AA vote certainly is feasible this election.

"Your" schools, "your" neighborhoods, the race card don't fly that easy. Trump is correct. Many AA communities are a complete mess so when he says he can help create jobs and school choice people listen.

If you choose to believe Trump rallies are filled with people who literally hate black folks then there`s not much I can say except believe what you want. However, that doesn`t make it correct.

White supremacist groups? If you actually think a Trump presidency will bring such groups into the forefront of society than so be it. Sort of like Bill Maher the other day predicting if Trump wins he will run the country like a fascist dictator.

It`s all nonsense. You know the left is in serious trouble when all they start bring up the KGB, white supremacists and fascism.

Saw Michael Moore was on TV yesterday saying the stock market will crash with a Trump victory and everybody needs to get out now.

It`s all coming down on the libs and they simply can't handle it.

Last edited by john3232; 11-06-2016 at 01:05 AM..

 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:04 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,173 posts, read 33,593,322 times
Reputation: 14146
Question: Why is Hillary campaigning in Pennsylvania? Isn't it a solid Blue state?
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:07 AM
 
2,940 posts, read 2,209,702 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Question: Why is Hillary campaigning in Pennsylvania? Isn't it a solid Blue state?
Because the Dem internal poll numbers show HC is now in trouble almost everywhere.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:09 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 18,981,842 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Trump's message is Dem policies have failed the inner city AA communities for decades. Why not give me a chance. So, yes 15-25% of the AA vote certainly is feasible this election.

"Your" schools, "your" neighborhoods, the race card don't fly that easy. Trump is correct. Many AA communities are a complete mess so when he says he can help create jobs and school choice people listen.

If you choose to believe Trump rallies are filled with people who literally hate black folks then there`s not much I can say except you can believe what you want. However, that doesn`t make it correct.

White supremacist groups? If you actually think a Trump presidency will bring such groups into the forefront of society than so be it. Sort of like Bill Maher the other day predicting if Trump wins he will run the country like a fascist dictator.

It`s all nonsense. You know the left is in serious trouble when all they start blaming the KGB, or white supremacists and fascism.

Saw Michael Moore was on TV yesterday saying the stock market will crash with a Trump victory and everybody needs to get out now.

It`s all coming down on the libs and they simply can't handle it.
Trump offered zero solutions. No plans. Nothing. Just "Trust me. It'll be great. You'll love it. Its yuuuuge"

By the way, based on your post I can say that you (just like Trump) also don't get just how much middle and upper middle class blacks (aka the majority of black voters) were turned off by Trump's "othering" of black Americans and referring to a lone black supporter at one of his rallies as "MY African American" as if that guy were his faithful buck Jethro.

The LAST person that black Americans would vote to put in the White House is a rich Archie Bunker


ETA: Why do the Trump supporters NEVER have an answer to why Trump does not manufacture his merchandise in the US? And if he is such a jobs creator then why doesn't he put Americans to work making his ties, his suits, Ivanka's shoes, Melania's jewelry....? Why is NONE of their merchandise Made in the USA??? Shouldn't he lead by example?
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:18 AM
 
2,940 posts, read 2,209,702 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
...By the way, based on your post I can say that you (just like Trump) also don't get just how much middle and upper middle class blacks (aka the majority of black voters) were turned off by Trump's "othering" of black Americans and referring to a lone black supporter at one of his rallies as "MY African American" as if that guy were his faithful buck Jethro.
I`m sure HC will receive a majority of the upper middle class AA vote.

Trump is basically targeting the middle/lower income black voter who like many other this year don`t see him as a typical Republican politician or any politician for that matter.

So, yes 15-25% AA vote for Trump is certainly possibly and something which will be discussed long after this election is over.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:23 AM
 
2,940 posts, read 2,209,702 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
...ETA: Why do the Trump supporters NEVER have an answer to why Trump does not manufacture his merchandise in the US? And if he is such a jobs creator then why doesn't he put Americans to work making his ties, his suits, Ivanka's shoes, Melania's jewelry....? Why is NONE of their merchandise Made in the USA??? Shouldn't he lead by example?
I don`t know. Probably more profitable for his business. Look, I really don`t give a damn. I don`t want more of the same. I voted for O in 08 and he turned out to be very disappointing.

Now, I`m willing to give Trump a shot.

Then there is the USSC. I don`t want the court moving to the left.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:23 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 18,981,842 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I`m sure HC will receive a majority of the upper middle class AA vote.

Trump is basically targeting the middle/lower income black voter who like many other this year don`t see him as a typical Republican politician or any politician for that matter.

So, yes 15-25% AA vote for Trump is certainly possibly and something which will be discussed long after this election is over.
Trump is viewed as worse than the average Republican candidate. A candidate like John Kasich would have received a larger percentage of the black vote than Romney and definitely more than Trump will receive.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:29 AM
 
2,940 posts, read 2,209,702 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump is viewed as worse than the average Republican candidate. A candidate like John Kasich would have received a larger percentage of the black vote than Romney and definitely more than Trump will receive.
That`s nonsense.

There`s no way Kasich, Cruz or Bush would get much more than 5-6%.

Trump will easily double those numbers.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 01:46 AM
 
1,043 posts, read 719,067 times
Reputation: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump offered zero solutions. No plans. Nothing. Just "Trust me. It'll be great. You'll love it. Its yuuuuge"

By the way, based on your post I can say that you (just like Trump) also don't get just how much middle and upper middle class blacks (aka the majority of black voters) were turned off by Trump's "othering" of black Americans and referring to a lone black supporter at one of his rallies as "MY African American" as if that guy were his faithful buck Jethro.

The LAST person that black Americans would vote to put in the White House is a rich Archie Bunker


ETA: Why do the Trump supporters NEVER have an answer to why Trump does not manufacture his merchandise in the US? And if he is such a jobs creator then why doesn't he put Americans to work making his ties, his suits, Ivanka's shoes, Melania's jewelry....? Why is NONE of their merchandise Made in the USA??? Shouldn't he lead by example?

If Trump attempted to manufacture his clothing in the US he would be out of business. The way the laws and trade deals are set up make it impossible for a company to manufacture many products in the US and still be successful. So when he changes the law he will have to pay the tariffs just like everyone else unless he moves production to US. You think the Dems are going to let him be the only one manufacturing overseas and not paying tariffs.

He has enough money and success. He wants to give back to the country now and him losing money by shutting down globalism doesn't matter to him. That's why so many people like him - unlike Hillary he is looking out for the American worker, not himself.
 
Old 11-06-2016, 02:03 AM
 
17,027 posts, read 9,522,940 times
Reputation: 5701
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I heard it was one of the die-hard republicans that don't want to vote for him and can't vote Hillary.



The Clinton camp is the one with the revealed history of inciting violence at Trump events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top