Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 03:51 PM

18,190 posts, read 16,765,964 times

Advertisements

I'm not for either candidate so I can't sway one way or the other. Frankly both candidates scare me, but I've been reading quite a bit on HuffPost which is rabidly pro-Hillary about Trump sinking the country if he's elected and I have to ask: aren't there checks and balances in place to keep the Donald from making such dangerous half-assed decisions that the checks will automatically kick in to save us? Or can he override the checks and balances--I mean the guy is savvy if not politically smart--to push what he wants to get through, well....through, despite a reluctant populace and Congress?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 03:54 PM

27,539 posts, read 15,956,662 times
Problem #1: you've been "reading quite a bit of huffpo". Come back when that problem clears up and we'll talk.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:55 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,638,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm not for either candidate so I can't sway one way or the other. Frankly both candidates scare me, but I've been reading quite a bit on HuffPost which is rabidly pro-Hillary about Trump sinking the country if he's elected and I have to ask: aren't there checks and balances in place to keep the Donald from making such dangerous half-assed decisions that the checks will automatically kick in to save us? Or can he override the checks and balances--I mean the guy is savvy if not politically smart--to push what he wants to get through, well....through, despite a reluctant populace and Congress?
Trump is not stable or reliable. Once he has the nuclear codes and he gives the orders in a few minutes the nuclear warheads will be headed to wherever he sends them and there will be retribution and we will all be dead.

You've seen the commercials, once there was a demonstrator at his event and he said, beat the hell out of him would ya. He's said I'm gonna bomb the S out of them, He can't grasp why we can't use nuclear weapons after being told 3 times.

He consults with himself and says he knows more than the generals.

That's why I fear for out safety if he's elected.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:55 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,048,581 times
Hillary has a decades long history of being dangerous, so I can't understand why anyone would be concerned about Trump.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:58 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,861,702 times
I think Trump is full of crap and will hardly do anything. He'll just relegate the job to Pence, like he originally wanted to do with Kasich had he accepted.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:59 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,417,749 times
Secret World of US Election: Julian Assange talks to John Pilger (FULL INTERVIEW)

Hillary is half way there sinking the country.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:05 PM

35,362 posts, read 20,722,137 times
90 % of Clinton Sins are over exaggerated by political bafoons - trump does not have one good business peer to stand with him. Not one, his tweeting and being childish, whining and never accepting responsibility is worrisome with the other crackpots running some countries. The congress will freeze his moves, like they did Obama... But who stop the foreign crazies when he tells em off??

Old 11-05-2016, 04:14 PM

4,541 posts, read 2,754,830 times
It doesn't take much to compromise the relationships the U.S. has with other countries. If Donald insults world leaders the way he does Hillary, he could jeopardize U.S. foreign policy for decades in the future.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:15 PM

23,739 posts, read 14,858,155 times
We've been through some crappy times before.

This country can stand 4 years of Donald

IMO, people give too much credit and power to the POTUS. Some on CD think the president is at every meeting in every town in every state.

He has no control over the price of gasoline or how many people get a job.

Now, confidence is another story. Along with the stock market.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:24 PM

35,362 posts, read 20,722,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
We've been through some crappy times before.

This country can stand 4 years of Donald

IMO, people give too much credit and power to the POTUS. Some on CD think the president is at every meeting in every town in every state.

He has no control over the price of gasoline or how many people get a job.

Now, confidence is another story. Along with the stock market.
Yes. Those ver nervous, need weed, to calm down, oil forecasters can have us in a whirlwind with trumps weekly outbursts -- think about it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections