Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
As a former Bernie supporter I honestly have never felt hurt by what Trump said about him. I was very disgusted by what Clinton and her supporters said and did during the primary.

The typical Clinton supporter attacks her opponents with every nasty trick they can think of, and then when it comes to Clinton's own corruption, they say, so what? she's doing what every other politician does.
So Clinton supporters didn't have the right to be hurt by what Bernie said about Hillary?

Hillary and Bernie came together after the primary so why would we continue to hold a grudge against Bernie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 08:59 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Bernie supporters are easily led by the nose. All you have to say to a Bernie voter is, "Vote Democrat."

Old 11-06-2016, 09:00 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So Clinton supporters didn't have the right to be hurt by what Bernie said about Hillary?

Hillary and Bernie came together after the primary so why would we continue to hold a grudge against Bernie?
Bernie was one of the biggest influences for the downfall of the Clintons. He brought so much disgust out against her during the primaries that there was no way his supporters would end up backing her.

And all he did was tell the Truth.

Thanks Bernie - you were one of the best Trump surrogates of the election.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Here on this forum we Bernie Sanders supporters remember how nasty you Clinton supporters were back during the primary days. Some of you posted profusely defaming Bernie, just as you do now about Trump and his supporters, trying to solicit our votes.
I remember how the Trumpsters said he was WEAK because of how he handled one BLM protestor at an event that was not his. I thought he handled it well because who wants to try and shout down someone at an event that you did not organize? But the Trumpies rode that wave for a very long time.

And the Bernie voters certainly weren't shy, fading flowers. They gave better than they got with regard to nastiness.

I was SO EXCITED that our party had two great candidates to choose from and Bernie voters quickly educated me of that philosophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
... and I remember how nasty Donald was to Marco, Ted, and the others. Not to mention P*ssygate.

Bernie is out there campaigning for Hillary.

So what's your point?
There is no point. OP just wants to post another "I hate Hillary' thread. Nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
What a disgraceful video.

All the nasty, hideous hag does it point her finger, bob her head, and say "I'm so sick and tired of (fill in the blank)."

Guess what, you sorry excuse for humanity: America is sick and tired of you and we're gonna show it in a couple of days. Big time!
See you Wednesday morning! Or perhaps early Tuesday night . . . .

IF you think Trump is such a sweet fella, I suggest you take a long look at some of his rantings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Most of the Bernie supporters I know, gladly went over to Hillary without a hitch. No nastiness. We want the same things. Is it a required personality trait/flaw of republicans to project their own characteristic weaknesses onto their opponents?
Absolutely. It's long been known that Conservatives tend to see in others traits they possess themselves. There is no better primer on that theory than their candidate.

My college student son was Bernie all the way. But he went with Hillary because it's easy to see that he could not tolerate anything that Donald Trump stands for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm sorry but the Sanders supporters are so annoying.

They didn't show up for Bernie at the voting booth and then want to blame Clinton supporter but guess what we actually voted for our preferred candidate. They have no one else to blame but themselves. Perhaps the Sanders supporters will learn their lesson to not just tweet, snapchat and attend feel good rallies for preferred candidate and actually VOTE.
They didn't. Nothing more. College students have not ever been that reliable at actually showing up at the polls. Hillary voters didn't show up at big rallies - they just quietly showed up at the polls.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:37 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"rigged, what does that mean?" Just ask a Bernie supporter that got burned.. The whole democratic process for that matter.

Nothing 6 coin flips can't fix

Old 11-06-2016, 09:46 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I seem to remember talk back when on the forum about why the democrat vote seemed so evenly split... it might very well have been that either candidate would have been OK with democrats. And, when the results were in, a whole lot of sanders supporters cheerfully switched to clinton. Maybe it is sour grapes on trumpist's part to make a big deal out of it, since not a whole lot of sanders folks switched to trump.
A. It wasn't particularly "cheerfully"
B. Most didn't recognize at the time how unfairly and ruthlessly the DNC worked against Sanders.

At this point, anyone with liberal leanings at all don't have a choice--despite the perfidy of the DNC, Trump is not a reasonable choice for liberal ideology.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:50 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A. It wasn't particularly "cheerfully"
B. Most didn't recognize at the time how unfairly and ruthlessly the DNC worked against Sanders.

At this point, anyone with liberal leanings at all don't have a choice--despite the perfidy of the DNC, Trump is not a reasonable choice for liberal ideology.
Depends on what a liberal means to you.

For me it used to represent the little guys. The workers and the people left behind. Now it's about open borders, globalism, and being offended by everything under the sun. Liberalism is depressing and toxic nowadays. So maybe the evolution of views will lean us back to conservatism... which can evolve from it's religious roots to something inclusive and patriotic. Nothing is static. We need better options than two polar opposites.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:55 AM

209 posts, read 160,159 times
Bernie supporters should be outraged with Hillary's corrupt and rigged campaign.
Wasserman Schultz a sniper for Hillary, Donna Brazile rigging debates with handing out debate questions to Hillary "From time to time I get questions in advance" What a corrupt campaign for Hillary!

Old 11-06-2016, 10:01 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country! View Post
Bernie supporters should be outraged with Hillary's corrupt and rigged campaign.
Wasserman Schultz a sniper for Hillary, Donna Brazile rigging debates with handing out debate questions to Hillary "From time to time I get questions in advance" What a corrupt campaign for Hillary!
Trump is a bigot because he wants existing immigration laws enforced and is against TPP and wants a country called the United States instead of a globalist Rockefeller/Brzezinski administrative precinct.

Old 11-06-2016, 10:01 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They didn't. Nothing more. College students have not ever been that reliable at actually showing up at the polls. Hillary voters didn't show up at big rallies - they just quietly showed up at the polls.
1. Yes. This thread is just a distraction.

2. Bernie did lose fair a square in the primary.

3. But he got 43% percent of the vote in the primaries. No the winning number but not shabby.

4. That 43% was cross generational. Please do continue the mythos that only college student voted for Bernie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections