Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 05:32 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The lies and distortions are so blatant and off the charts that one has to wonder if Trump is not just ****ing insane. As for his supporters, no they don't care but the amazing thing is they claim to despise Hillary because she is a liar...go figure...
Crazy, eh?

He's also going on about how she is going to be indicted, apparently based on no evidence whatsoever. And the crowds chant, "Lock her up."

Is it any wonder these folks had their jobs shipped overseas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 05:37 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Crazy, eh?

He's also going on about how she is going to be indicted, apparently based on no evidence whatsoever. And the crowds chant, "Lock her up."

Is it any wonder these folks had their jobs shipped overseas?
Low blow. But very accurate. Rep.

(He loves the poorly educated)

Old 11-06-2016, 05:39 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Ok, we're getting somewhere.

When and how did Obama lose control?
Well Obama did say something like "Hold Up! Hold Up!"

In Trump world that means Obama was going to rob him.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
When has President Obama every lost control? Even when a Congressman shouted "You lie" he kept his cool. I am often surprised to see how cool this man really is. The whole point of this thread, however, is that Trump didn't even retell a story and exaggerate or embellish it. He took an event and totally lied about what happened, even though it was recorded, because he knows his supporters won't bother to check out the real facts.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:55 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Umm..Obummer is mentioned in the thread title, how the hell is mentioning him going off subject? Now, If I were to mention that Hillary has consistantly lied over and over again for the last 30 years and you are going to vote for her anyways, how is Trump supposedly lying make you get snippy..that might be considered off topic..
Who is Obummer?

Regarding the topic of this thread, am I right in assuming that Trump supporters like yourself, don't REALLY have a problem with lying as long as it is done by the "right" person.
Funnily enough that makes you like every other zealot who support their candidate no matter what and even funnier it makes Trump the typical politician.
But as long as you continue believe his lies you can still tel yourself that Trump is different and is in for the people and the country.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When has President Obama every lost control? Even when a Congressman shouted "You lie" he kept his cool. I am often surprised to see how cool this man really is. The whole point of this thread, however, is that Trump didn't even retell a story and exaggerate or embellish it. He took an event and totally lied about what happened, even though it was recorded, because he knows his supporters won't bother to check out the real facts.
Exactly.

Anyone who knows the first thing about Obama, knows Trump was lying through his teeth.

I still find it astounding that the guy from South Carolina stood up during a State of the Union address and shouted out, "You Lie," twice.

He later apologized privately for his "lack of civility," but declined a formal apology.

Former President Jimmy Carter characterized Wilson's act as "dastardly."

I agree with Carter. It is one thing to sit on your hands while the President delivers the State of the Union address. Quite another to stand up and call him a liar.

Despite making several other public comments that were untrue, Wilson was reelected in 2014.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 11-06-2016 at 06:17 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 06:07 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,052 times
I could not respect Obama more. The way he always handles himself. He's mature, respectful, thoughtful. Trump is dwarfed by any comparison.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I could not respect Obama more. The way he always handles himself. He's mature, respectful, thoughtful. Trump is dwarfed by any comparison.
I agree.

He has led our nation through some tough times.

I still get a chuckle out of how the Republicans told him to butt out of trying to block their 9/11 bill. Then they overrode his veto and carried on about how they showed that ineffective, lame duck Obama. Showed him who were the smart ones, all right. Ha, ha, ha.

Not two days later, they were blaming Obama for "not communicating" with them about the unintended consequences of the bill and were going to revisit the bill.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:34 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Umm..Obummer is mentioned in the thread title, how the hell is mentioning him going off subject? Now, If I were to mention that Hillary has consistantly lied over and over again for the last 30 years and you are going to vote for her anyways, how is Trump supposedly lying make you get snippy..that might be considered off topic..
Why did Trump lie about how Obama reacted to the protester?

Do you think it's ok for Trump to lie like that?

Old 11-06-2016, 07:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Why did Trump lie about how Obama reacted to the protester?

Do you think it's ok for Trump to lie like that?
I guess his supporters don't care. He just lies and lies and they believe him. I've been watching too much TV this weekend. I heard Trump telling people in Minnesota he's campaigned there many times and this is his very first visit. He also began ranting about "a rigged system" again and said polling locations in Nevada stayed open after hours to let busloads of people who arrived late to vote. Another lie. Maybe Trump doesn't actually know that anyone in line when a poll closes has the legal right to vote?

I never got this rattled over any presidential candidate in my life. How can anyone vote for this man when he makes up so many flagrant lies and his speeches contain no substance whatsover? I would vote for Mickey Mouse if he ran against Trump because I'd rather have a giant rodent in the White House than this man.

Sorry, but I had to rant. I am not just upset, I am worried. America deserves better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections