Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:37 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Good morning emm74! Actually, GREAT morning!

Now, what were you saying.............

Speaking of which.......has anyone seen or run into BucFan? It seems as though he's went MIA..... possibly hiding in a dark room somewhere

Old 11-09-2016, 06:40 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Speaking of which.......has anyone seen or run into BucFan? It seems as though he's went MIA..... possibly hiding in a dark room somewhere
He's in his "safe space."

Old 11-09-2016, 06:41 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by informedconsent View Post
he's in his "safe space."
lol!!

Old 11-09-2016, 06:43 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He's definitely had a couple of public tantrums when there has been bad news for him in polls, and when he had to leave debates that even he knew he lost badly.

But just how bad will it be on Election Night?

I think it's 50/50 whether he even comes out in person for his Election Night event. The fact that he's already planned it as a small, "intimate" event shows that he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of a big crowd when he loses.
Perhaps it's Hillary who is afraid of being embarrassed since no one has seen her since she lost the election. Um?

Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No I'm speaking truth you don't want to hear. There's nothing worse that a sore winner.

So what you're saying is that he's going to intentionally roll us back into the Great Recession we were in when President Obama took office... that's going to be something he's going to do deliberately? Really?

If you think kicking the can down the road with arbitrarily low interest rates, minimum wage jobs and doubling our deficit is "fixing" the economy, I have a bridge to sell you.

I didn't say "tomorrow". If you have to lie so directly about what other people are saying, just to have something to say in response, that should be an indicator to you that you're wrong.

Tomorrow is a figure of speech. Didn't mean it literally. Point stands.

Why would any nation want to follow? Many nations followed while they were beaten down by world war, but what makes you think that any nation would actually care to be a subject state of another?

Our standing in the world has taken a major hit since Obama has been in office. Not opinion, fact.
Hillary sold her soul to foreign governments for her own personal gain. Unacceptable.

What portions of history, specifically, are you referring to?

All of it. You don't get to choose what you like and don't.

You believed that nonsense? Wow. Okay well "let's see". I'm willing to give it a few months to see how well Trump makes Muslims and Puerto Ricans love him.

We will see, although I'm not sure his plan is to make Muslims love him. His first priority is making our citizens safe.

Yes. I do. Hillary Clinton is a good Methodist and has honored her Methodist values all her life. Meanwhile, Donald Trump admits to committing adultery and then dumping his wife for the younger woman with whom he committed adultery - twice! Beyond that, and more importantly, Trump has promised to violate every precept of the Higher Ground Moral Declaration. So he either breaks his promises (which is immoral) or he keeps his promises (which is also immoral).

You can't be serious here. I'm speechless. Take you head out of the sand.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:52 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
He's definitely had a couple of public tantrums when there has been bad news for him in polls, and when he had to leave debates that even he knew he lost badly.

I think it's 50/50 whether he even comes out in person for his Election Night event. The fact that he's already planned it as a small, "intimate" event shows that he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of a big crowd when he loses.
I guess we will never know.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:54 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He's in his "safe space."
His last post was at 6:30 PM on Election Day.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:15 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:

She she she...

She she she she she.

She

She.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:51 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post

He's packing to leave for Canada (if they let him in) or the soon to be formed Liberal Republic of California.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:34 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post

You can't be serious here. I'm speechless. Take you head out of the sand.
How about you start learning to respect reasonable people who disagree with you, instead, and stop posting childish comments like "You are blabbering," and "Take you head out of the sand." I think your perspective is immoral, or irrational, or whatever, and I express such thoughts in a mature and respectful manner. I don't spew derogatory throwaway lines at you.

Incidentally, without prejudice: If you want replies in context of what you write, you need to learn to use quoting better. I'm not going to reconstruct the thread, so regrettably your failure to use quoting properly will force you and all readers to have to swap back and forth between your comments and this response to them.

Point #1: I am talking about the promises Trump made that prompted his supporter, especially those in PA, MI, and WI, to vote for him. They didn't elect a trainee. They elected someone who would fix their hurt. You said the solution was to roll back eight years. I replied that eight years ago was the Great Recession. You deflected from addressing the fact that your comment was an embarrassment. Now go back and answer the original question without trying to use the throwaway line "roll back eight years" now that I've shown how wrong-headed that response was. What, precisely, are you expecting to see with regard to Trump living up to that promise he made.

Point #2: No: When you're replying to a comment that say "a few months", "tomorrow" is not a figure of speech. Go back to what I wrote in context. It is reasonable for these people who supported Trump to expect that they will be back to work making enough to pay their own way and secure their own future in a few months. They have children to feed and bills to pay. They're not expecting Trump to turn around and say that they're going to have to continue in desperation for years. That was my point, which you seem to have worked very hard to deflect yourself away from responding to.

Point #3: Our standing in the world has not been adversely affected by President Obama's tenure. That's a deception that Trump and his supporters peddled to dupe weak-minded sycophants into voting for Trump. Foreign policy experts know that the reputation of the United States has been affected mostly by the fact that President Bush sent armed forces to kill Muslims in Iraq. The reputation of the United States reached the point where it is when the World Trade Center fell. There was no way to damage the reputation of the United States any further than it was damaged already. Efforts to remedy that situation by working with Muslims to help them reclaim their lands from totalitarian regimes that have oppressed them have failed, leaving the reputation of the United States where it has been for 15 years. You're welcome to delude yourself further, but let's hope President Trump isn't as stupid as that and doesn't try to improve the reputation of the United States by attempting to conquer Muslims that he doesn't like.

Regardless, that wasn't what I asked you. I asked you, "What makes you think that any nation would actually care to be a subject state of another?" Stop trying to dodge the question by deflecting to some other matter. Answer the question. Why do you think the United States dominating other nations is something other nations actually would welcome? What rationalization do you have for your saying that the effort to re-establish some domination role for the United States in the world is a good thing?

Answer the questions.

Point #4: If you refuse to be specific I can only assume that had no legitimate reply to what I wrote and you're just trying to dodge the issue. List five events from history that you were implicitly touting with your comment. Give dates and places and name the event. The point of forcing you to take responsibility for the words you posted is so that I can specifically dig into the specific events and show you that there was as much if not more reason to be ashamed of what you're referring to. You're trying to reclaim something that was never noble, never admirable, never respectable. And in the context of your earlier comments about the reputation of the United States, your scurrilous rhetoric is even worse: As soon as you have the intellectual integrity to list the five specific historical events of which you are proud, I'll be able to point out how some of them actually were the root cause of the loss of reputation by the United States which you yourself expressed concern earlier in your comments.

This is the real problem with Trumpism: Abject myopia. I read some other Trump supporter say that he was looking forward to rolling things back to when there was less racial divisiveness. Digging into when that actually was leads back to before the Voting Rights Act increased the number of people of color who were able to safely vote their conscience... back to a time when two members of my denomination were murdered by white supremacists.

Point #5: You wrote, "I'm not sure his plan is to make Muslims love him. His first priority is making our citizens safe." There are roughly 3.3 million Muslim-Americans.

Point #6: You tried to dodge this issue entirely so I will repost what I posted earlier and challenge you to have the intellectual integrity to respond to it on the merits.
Hillary Clinton is a good Methodist and has honored her Methodist values all her life. Meanwhile, Donald Trump admits to committing adultery and then dumping his wife for the younger woman with whom he committed adultery - twice! Beyond that, and more importantly, Trump has promised to violate every precept of the Higher Ground Moral Declaration. So he either breaks his promises (which is immoral) or he keeps his promises (which is also immoral).
First: Don't dare challenge someone's adherence to their chosen religious precepts unless you have standing to know their religious precepts and evidence of their directly contravening those precepts. Second: If you don't like what I said about Trump, then prove what I wrote was wrong. Prove he didn't admit to committing adultery, or prove that adultery isn't a bad thing. Third: Prove that something we mutually recognize as a higher power supports your implied condescension toward the Higher Ground Moral Declaration. Or admit that you have no legitimate response to the fact that Trump's stated intentions are directly contrary to these moral precepts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections