U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2016, 10:31 PM
 
18,651 posts, read 9,565,438 times
Reputation: 5216

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
There's that Schrodinger's ballot box fallacy again. I would rather vote for what I want and not get it than vote for what I don't want and get it. Besides Johnson is taking younger voters from Hillary not to mention #nevertrump republicans.

Amen, I always knew republicans were stupid but giving the nomination to Trump? What were they thinking?
Do you want to see the country going further to the left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2016, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,253 posts, read 1,718,017 times
Reputation: 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Nobody on the left is voting for Johnson. Only the far right vote for Johnson. If you want this country to go far left, go ahead and waste your vote on Johnson.

You may tell yourself that you vote with a clean conscience but your clean conscience will push the country towards a the opposite direction you want.

Trump needs your vote and Johnson isn't going to win.
The Trump fans think a vote for Johnson is a vote for Hillary and the Clinton fans think a vote for Stein is a vote for Trump.

Both you guys are weak and are the reason why the debate commission is bi-partisan run by the Democrats and Republicans. The only reason why 3rd parties don't make it to the debates is because they don't meet the arbitrary rules set by the 2 big parties.

In any case, Clinton is center right, she just went left for the primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2016, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,453 posts, read 6,202,996 times
Reputation: 11290
OP, I disagree with you. And, for most of the election cycle polling, the race has been tighter (good for Trump) in 4-way polling; Hillary has had a larger lead in a 2-person race, which tells you that leftists are supporting Johnson. In current polling, Trump is earning 87% of GOP vote (and Hillary is earning a similar share of Dem vote), so Republicans are coming home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2016, 11:46 PM
 
20,606 posts, read 8,781,788 times
Reputation: 7090
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm left and I'm voting for Johnson.

Johnson is left of Clinton on a lot of issues including foreign policy, social policies, and personal liberties. Who even knows what Clintons convictions even are, they change based on who she talks to.

Nice try though. I don't want Clinton and CERTAINLY don't want Trump. Therefore I'm voting for the 5% threshold.
Johnson has no idea about foreign polices. He had no clue about Aleppo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2016, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
8,071 posts, read 5,379,054 times
Reputation: 5654
A vote for Johnson is..
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
A vote for Johnson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
3,253 posts, read 1,718,017 times
Reputation: 3080
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Johnson has no idea about foreign polices. He had no clue about Aleppo
3rd party candidates don't get security briefings like "1st party" do. Otherwise they would have to go out of their own way to get limited information on what's put out on the media.

BTW, without doing a quick google, what do you know about Aleppo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 12:10 PM
 
9,507 posts, read 4,852,878 times
Reputation: 3864
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Nobody on the left is voting for Johnson. Only the far right vote for Johnson. If you want this country to go far left, go ahead and waste your vote on Johnson.

You may tell yourself that you vote with a clean conscience but your clean conscience will push the country towards a the opposite direction you want.

Trump needs your vote and Johnson isn't going to win.
Get over it. Most of us vote in states where our one doesn't matter for who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,267 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Reputation: 4306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm left and I'm voting for Johnson.

Johnson is left of Clinton on a lot of issues including foreign policy, social policies, and personal liberties. Who even knows what Clintons convictions even are, they change based on who she talks to.

Nice try though. I don't want Clinton and CERTAINLY don't want Trump. Therefore I'm voting for the 5% threshold.


He is to the left of her on personal liberties, but not social policies. He doesnt believe in enforcement mechanisms, so while his philosophy may be left wing, the reality is right wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,267 posts, read 11,496,075 times
Reputation: 4306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post

Nice try though. I don't want Clinton and CERTAINLY don't want Trump. Therefore I'm voting for the 5% threshold.
the 5% still gets you Trump or Clinton LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2016, 12:50 PM
 
801 posts, read 394,167 times
Reputation: 697
Johnson was obviously never going to win, but he became a total nonfactor that nobody right wing could vote for after this. He completely snapped on an interviewer and insisted on the use of only a PC term. Plus his running mate Weld most admires Germany's Angela Merkel, who's let millions of Muslim refugees flood Germany.
https://youtu.be/-xlmU9LvtAs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top