U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 02:32 PM

6,456 posts, read 4,368,024 times

Advertisements

To all:

Cavuto reacted to this like I did hence why I posted the video.

Take it for what it is in your opinions.

Obama knows there's Illegals voting and does ZILCH about it, because he's part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 02:34 PM

11,296 posts, read 7,655,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To all:

Obama knows there's Illegals voting and does ZILCH about it, because he's part of the problem.
What makes you think illegals can register to vote?

Old 11-06-2016, 02:41 PM

13,909 posts, read 10,871,393 times
Quote:
To all:

And the way you - and he - reacted to it was silly.

Obama administration has been one of the most prolific reporters of illegals. Under Obama, deportations have hit RECORD levels, higher than under previous Republican presidents.

And you have ZILCH in terms of any credible evidence that can withstand any rational test that illegals are voting, much less that Obama knows and is hiding something. Unless you make a Youtube video saying it and post it up here as "evidence."

Just quit already.

Old 11-06-2016, 04:33 PM

2,761 posts, read 1,094,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Maybe start considering your sources and you wake up as there has been no viable proof this exists. Unless your sources are alt right nut job sites.
Some states require only a driver's license as a form of voter ID. In some states, Democrats have pushed to allow illegals to obtain driver's licenses.

You figure it out.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:13 PM

4,602 posts, read 5,324,082 times
She said a lot of millenials who are "undocumented citizens--"I call them citizens 'cause they contribute to this country"--"are fearful of voting" because they are afraid the immigration would know where they live and would come and deport them. They are undocumented. And why would they are fearful of immigration knowing where they live if they are not illegals?

Here is the full interview. The part in question starts at 3:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLLt...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-06-2016, 07:16 PM

36,237 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And the way you - and he - reacted to it was silly.

Obama administration has been one of the most prolific reporters of illegals. Under Obama, deportations have hit RECORD levels, higher than under previous Republican presidents.

And you have ZILCH in terms of any credible evidence that can withstand any rational test that illegals are voting, much less that Obama knows and is hiding something. Unless you make a Youtube video saying it and post it up here as "evidence."

Just quit already.

Obama admitted that his so-called high deportations numbers were skewered. What was being counted as deportations were those turned around at the border. He is only allowing Homeland Security to deport "convicted" criminals and it's hands off the rest of them. He has given millions of them a stay of deportation via DACA and DAPA along with work permits. His deportation record is dismal.

There is evidence that some illegals are voting. Where have you been?

Just quit already.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:23 PM

12,833 posts, read 6,160,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
By law, they can't. But given many states don't require ID to vote and one just has to sign that they are who they say they are to vote, and say "yeah yeah yeah, I'm john smith, give me the form, I'll sign it".

So it's naive to say illegals or anyone who isn't suppose to vote can't and aren't voting because it's against the law when the checks and balances are so pathetic. Just like illegal aliens aren't supposed to be in our country because we have border laws yet millions/tens of millions depending on the figures you believe somehow magically end up here.

Wake up.
^^^^This.

Back when Motor Voter laws were around, before the REAL ID Act passed, many illegal got drivers licenses and checked the block that said they were American citizens, and voila! They got registered to vote. Some have been caught voting and been arrested for it.

There are states that have stopped this practice and now don't give drivers licenses to illegals. However, unfortunately, there are states that continue this practice.

Voter ID laws terrify liberals because it means that dead people and illegals won't be able to vote.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:25 PM

36,237 posts, read 16,208,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I listened to the words in the video. The only way one can twist them into the purported claim is if: (1) you're trying to advance a lie as part of your agenda, or (2) you're just not very smart.

Below is what he said. Rodriquez may have been calling illegal aliens as "citizens", but Obama is not saying that.

Further more, Rodriguez's question was: if *I* (a legal citizen) vote but have family members who are undocumented, will the government use me to come after them and deport them?

You probably latched onto his first sentence where he says "when you vote, you are a citizen yourself." He is not saying that anyone who votes somehow becomes considered a citizen; he is saying that by definition of our election process, only citizens vote.

His argument is thus:
1. Citizens are the ones who vote in this nation.
2. There are not processes set up where voting citizens or their family members (regardless of legal status) need to fear retribution for their votes.
3. If you have a family member who is undocumented, they can't vote but you - if you're a citizen - can; therefore, it's even more important that your voice be heard if you think advocacy on behalf of the undocumented is important.

In conclusion: he is encouraging Latino citizens to vote and make their voices heard if they want reform with respect to how undocumented residents are treated.

You may disagree with Obama's opinion on how illegals should be handled, but it is a lie or just a gross misunderstanding to say that he wants illegals to go vote.

Seriously, I think the thing that my define conservatives the most is their lack of reading comprehension and basic logic.

First off, they aren't "undocumented" they are illegal aliens. Second, why would Obama encourage a citizen to vote for candidates or things that would help their family and friends here illegally to remain here? Since when is anyone above our laws? Why does Obama have no respect for the enforcement of our immigration laws to encourage this? As president he should be telling that woman that no one is above our laws and if illegals are found voting they will be prosecuted. Now that's what a president who respects our country and our laws would do.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM

12,833 posts, read 6,160,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruready4Bklyn View Post
Maybe start considering your sources and you wake up as there has been no viable proof this exists. Unless your sources are alt right nut job sites.
Fraud: Local NBC Investigation Discovers Dozens of Illegal Voters in Florida - Guy Benson

Before you freak out and put your fingers in your ears and say "I can't hear you!", the link has a clip from NBC news.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:42 PM

1,858 posts, read 815,900 times
Quote:
To all:

Because like him you jumped to conclusions based on an edited/partial video designed to have you thinking exactly this. Was the right wing site this was posted on not a big enough clue......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections