Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 05:05 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Those things have never mattered before. Why would they matter now?
They don't.

What matters is who votes.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:25 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
How about the fact that he is consistently outperforming her for rallies, social media, and political signs?
The crowds at Trump rallies were continuous examples of the type of person in love with Trump... not a very accurate cross section of America or the electorate. Collectively, they mostly served as bad examples and what most thoughtful people found offensive, violent and uneducated. Trump could lead them around by the nose. As he said himself, he could shoot someone in plain sight and not lose support. They constantly embarrassed themselves on national TV and were proud of it.

The social media traffic was equally embarrassing, especially Trump's contributions to Twitter. Trumpers insisted on posting false claims and old conspiracy theories punctuated with hate-filled name calling -- as we have seen on this forum.

Political signs mean nothing and do not change votes. I have seen only two Trump signs in my neighborhood, both on vacant lots posted by a misguided real estate agent thinking they would help sell the lots (owners live out of state). Since Trump is polling about eight points behind in this state, that seemed quite stupid and has been unsuccessful so far.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I think people are underestimating that there may be a considerable number of people not showing their support, and that could be for either Hillary or Trump. This election has been very polarizing, so it is understandable. I work in downtown Detroit and spend a considerable time there, and didn't even feel comfortable enough to have a Romney sticker in 2012, much less a Trump one.
Yes. This. I'm in a profession that could potentially cost me money if I alienate anyone, so there's no reason to bring up anything political in a public way. Almost everyone in my industry is doing the same.

I already voted early (For Trump).

Old 11-06-2016, 07:20 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its just the mainstream liberal media which dominated pretty much all of the news is trying to steer us the other way
Ask Romney how those "unskewed polls" worked out for him

Old 11-06-2016, 07:21 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He's drawing crowds at places that are not used to having celebs or candidates visiting their area . They're coming out for the entertainment of the circus coming to town.
Absolutely. Besides he's preaching to the choir. All of the traditional voting blocs that vote democrat - African Americans, Women, Hispanics, Jews, Asian Americans, Labor Unions, LGBTs, etc. - are still firmly in the blue column. Trump's campaign has never progressed out of his own base.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:24 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its just the mainstream liberal media which dominated pretty much all of the news is trying to steer us the other way

Do you think the media has steered past elections?

Old 11-06-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I know many Latinos voting for Trump or who hate Hillary. All of them are either legal immigrants or 2nd/3rd generation Americans.
You and your latino friends are a very small sample.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Trump had a (narrow) path to victory until 1 hour ago.

RIP Trumperism 6/2015-11/2016

Mick
I think that subject deserves its own thread.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:54 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Mainstream liberal media like Fox News?

So one channel versus half a dozen channels and hundreds of newspapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Maybe he knows one of the 18% mentioned here.

"Latino Decisions also projects that 79 percent of Latinos will vote for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, 18 percent for Republican nominee Donald Trump, and the remaining three percent voting for other candidates. Clinton’s projected share is higher than both Latino Decisions’ estimated 75 percent Latino vote share and 71 percent exit poll share Democrat Barack Obama received during his 2012 re-election bid."
Other than Florida or New Mexico, I cannot think of any state where the Latino vote is going to play the spoiler.

Even Florida is a bit iffy since Cubans lean more Republican than most other Latinos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
I think people are underestimating that there may be a considerable number of people not showing their support, and that could be for either Hillary or Trump. This election has been very polarizing, so it is understandable. I work in downtown Detroit and spend a considerable time there, and didn't even feel comfortable enough to have a Romney sticker in 2012, much less a Trump one.
It is sort of the same thing with Brexit. The polls showed that 53% of the voters were going to be voting for "Stay", but "Leave" ended up winning in the end.

Now, I don't think there is a massive "Trump" army out there and Trump is going to win in a popular landslide. I actually think Hillary is going to win by a narrow margin. I hope I am wrong, because I think Trump's screw ups will be easier to fix than Hillary's corruption.

Sorry. Back on topic. What I think is likely that in what are states currently dominated by Democrats where Trump has shown to be surprisingly competitive like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania likely have more Trump supporters than normally assumed and maybe enough to tip the election by narrowly winning one or more of those states.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorianro View Post
its just the mainstream liberal media which dominated pretty much all of the news is trying to steer us the other way
yes!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections