Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Looks like Donald still can't stick to the script.

Trump's path to White House lined with false, misleading statements

Trump's path to White House lined with false, misleading statements - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump is straining to stay on message as he delivers his closing pitch to voters in the final days before the election.

But even as he hews closely to the script his aides have urged him to follow, the Republican nominee isn't abandoning the lies, misrepresentations and hyperbole that he has turned to time and again to bolster the arguments driving his presidential campaign. And this time, many of them are built into the teleprompter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 05:18 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
The bottom line remains that whatever Trump is and/or has done, he is still 200% better, at least, than Hillary Clinton. This is a race between two candidates and it seems to be forgotten by the Democrats that this is the situation.

Trump supporters know this is nothing more than the continuation of attempting to deflect from the issues with the Democratic nominee.

CNN? They are owned by Time Warner who has contributed over $800,000 to get Hillary elected: https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...9&cycle=Career Do I need to explain how what CNN says relates to that over $800,000? Seriously................

Old 11-07-2016, 05:21 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Whenever I hear the guy he's like a one trick pony ,all he does is bash Hillary, makes me wonder what he will focus on if he wins.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:26 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Whenever I hear the guy he's like a one trick pony ,all he does is bash Hillary, makes me wonder what he will focus on if he wins.
Sort of like when a dog chases the milk-truck and catches up at the corner. Then what?

*(for those of you young spring chickens, a milk truck is the truck that used to deliver milk and other dairy products to your doorstep a couple times a week. Before you could get EVERYTHING at the store.)

Old 11-07-2016, 05:29 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Looks like Donald still can't stick to the script.

Trump's path to White House lined with false, misleading statements

Trump's path to White House lined with false, misleading statements - CNNPolitics.com

Donald Trump is straining to stay on message as he delivers his closing pitch to voters in the final days before the election.

But even as he hews closely to the script his aides have urged him to follow, the Republican nominee isn't abandoning the lies, misrepresentations and hyperbole that he has turned to time and again to bolster the arguments driving his presidential campaign. And this time, many of them are built into the teleprompter.
The closer Trump gets to election day, the more freely the lies and exaggerations flow from his mouth. His core supporters love it - they know 75% of the garbage that comes out of his mouth is BS, and they applaud it. Why? Because they are so consumed with hate for Clinton and the "liberals" that they are willing to toss away the last shreds of decency and morality in order to "win". Trump represents populist demagoguery in it's purest form. His supporters were ripe for the picking, after decades of Limbaugh and Fox filling their minds with toxic spew. The power of neo-fascist propaganda cannot be denied, it has been very successful for them.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:30 AM

19,826 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Sort of like when a dog chases the milk-truck and catches up at the corner. Then what?

*(for those of you young spring chickens, a milk truck is the truck that used to deliver milk and other dairy products to your doorstep a couple times a week. Before you could get EVERYTHING at the store.)
Now, depending on where you live, we can get EVERYTHING delivered to our doorsteps again.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He'll focus on himself, as he's always done.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

I remember the milk trucks. (good times...)

Old 11-07-2016, 05:34 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The closer Trump gets to election day, the more freely the lies and exaggerations flow from his mouth. His core supporters love it - they know 75% of the garbage that comes out of his mouth is BS, and they applaud it. Why? Because they are so consumed with hate for Clinton and the "liberals" that they are willing to toss away the last shreds of decency and morality in order to "win". Trump represents populist demagoguery in it's purest form. His supporters were ripe for the picking, after decades of Limbaugh and Fox filling their minds with toxic spew. The power of neo-fascist propaganda cannot be denied, it has been very successful for them.
Yep.

Stephen King said it. "Conservatives who for 8 years sowed the dragon's teeth of partisan politics are horrified to discover they have grown an actual dragon."

Old 11-07-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The bottom line remains that whatever Trump is and/or has done, he is still 200% better, at least, than Hillary Clinton. This is a race between two candidates and it seems to be forgotten by the Democrats that this is the situation.

Trump supporters know this is nothing more than the continuation of attempting to deflect from the issues with the Democratic nominee.

CNN? They are owned by Time Warner who has contributed over $800,000 to get Hillary elected: https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...9&cycle=Career Do I need to explain how what CNN says relates to that over $800,000? Seriously................
Trump is dangerous. I wouldn't trust him to walk my dog, let alone be the leader of the free world.

And as for CNN, all the "other side" has to offer is YouTube innuendo. I trust CNN more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections