Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:21 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times

Advertisements

I think posts like this are for the undecided, it means nothing to those who have made up their mind so I have faith that the undecided can see this for what it is worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 10:29 AM

95 posts, read 189,175 times
If it wasn't such a big deal for the elections outcome for his puppet master, he would not have tried to circumvent the law the first time. This time he is circumventing the law by using a digital pen to make it appear he is vetting individually, which is the law. He has not been granted the authority to do so. So I ask some of you, if it really doesn't make any difference in the outcome, why the big push to grant voting rights to illegals, and felons?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:30 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Gov. Pardons 60,000 Felons, Enough To Swing Election
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has granted voting rights to as many as 60,000 convicted felons just in time for them to register to vote, nearly five times more than previously reported and enough to win the state for his long-time friend, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
McAuliffe sought to allow all of Virginia’s estimated 200,000 felons to vote, but state courts said each individual felon’s circumstances must be weighed. To get around that, McAuliffe used a mechanical autopen to rapidly sign thousands of letters, as if he had personally reviewed them, even as his office was saying the total was 13,000.
Virginia’s recent political history has seen multiple races that were decided by tiny margins. The 2014 U.S. Senate race, for example, was decided by only 17,000 votes, while the attorney general’s race came down to a mere 165 vote.

Virginia just got a bunch of criminals released - gives you Virginians the warm fuzzies, doesn't it? Because your safety is a lower priority to them.

When TheDCNF pointed out that 60,000 could tip an election, Wheeler said “I am acutely and chronically aware of that.” She also noted that McAuliffe has explicitly asked felons to vote for Clinton.

She also said that, while McAuliffe claimed to only be restoring voting rights of felons who had completed their sentences, his use of the autopen might not satisfy the court’s specific vetting requiremen

So just like the Syrian refugees, the felons released are not properly vetted. Go figure...
I think the Tea Party loyalist Clara Belle Wheeler is lying.

Please provide evidence (real--not one of those alt-right unsourced sites) that McAuliffe told people how to vote. I cannot find that he did it anywhere.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:33 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,071 times
Good for him! If youve served your time, you shouldnt lose your right to vote. It doesnt matter, whether you are a dem or republican, you should be able to vote even if you have a criminal record.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Good for him! If youve served your time, you shouldnt lose your right to vote. It doesnt matter, whether you are a dem or republican, you should be able to vote even if you have a criminal record.
What do you think of the timing of this?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:40 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
What do you think of the timing of this?
what timing? the governor's actions on this date back to april 22, 2016, long before trump even announced his candidacy.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what timing? the governor's actions on this date back to april 22, 2016, long before trump even announced his candidacy.
So you are going to play dumb?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:47 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
If given the choice between never paying any tax ever again or voting ... I would choose my right to vote.

Don't know if this matters but I'm a Republican. Conservative.
I forgot this list:

Felony disenfranchisement ends after parole:

In four states, disenfranchisement ends after incarceration and parole (if any) is complete: California, Colorado, Connecticut and New York

Circumstantial: (too long to explain them all) AL, AZ, DE, MS, NV, TN, VA, WY

Petition(most restrictive): FL , IA and KY

I live in FL so we always hear about this subject. It's ridiculous here. 1.5 million people have been disfranchised. Taxation without representation.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 11-07-2016 at 10:57 AM..

Old 11-07-2016, 10:50 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its disgraceful that people get their right to vote taken away from them. We live in 2016, not in 1600! Lets hope all states get rid of this disgrace.

Together with for-profit prisons where prison corporations lobby to increase their customers/inmates this is something we can all agree on is appalling and needs to be abolished ASAP.
So members of the KKK that committed horrible hate crimes should by granted the right to vote?

Old 11-07-2016, 10:58 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So members of the KKK that committed horrible hate crimes should by granted the right to vote?
Yes. Everybody should be allowed to vote if the rules are gonna affect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections