Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump was willing to say ridiculous things and Republicans didn't mind. Trump would claim the ability to do things the president cannot do but the moderators just let it go. Trump likened Ben Carson to child molester, called Cruz's wife ugly and said his father helped assassinate Kennedy. Trump was willing to call Mexicans drug dealers and rapists and a lot of his supporters agreed with him. You cannot compare a candidate like Trump because he just loves to say outrageous things and his supporters believe what they want. He says he practically assaults women and they call it "locker room talk". What other candidate could get away with that? He makes his entire campaign about immigration and his wife turns out to have worked here illegally. No one questions it. He demonizes H1B workers and manufacturing overseas, but hypocritically also hires H1B workers and manufactures overseas. He attacks Hillary for divorcing her husband when he cheated, yet Trump has a long record of cheating and is on his third marriage and third family. He wants a government job but hasn't paid taxes in decades and refuses to show his tax returns (no proof there's an audit either). He refuses to pay contactors, is being sued by two states for Trump University and his foundation was never certified or audited. Even Trump hasn't contributed to it for almost a decade and he's used it for a political slush fund. His supporters don't care because wall and immigrants.

Hillary on the other hand has been a GOP target for 30 years. Beat to a pulp but fully examined. She's shown her returns for almost 40 years and we've seen all her emails. Trump could never and would never withstand the level of scrutiny Hillary has. Don't use money as a measure when Kasich would have likely been more palatable to the country but was not willing to call Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. You have a large segment of the population that loves how offensive Trump is because they think his obnoxiousness is more honest. As if it would be acceptable to meet a foreign leader's wife and tell her she should skip dessert and get a boob job because she's no where near a 10.
Hillary is an elitist snob who feels entitled to the Presidency. Hillary's track record is anything but good. As little as 20 years ago a candidate with Hillary's baggage male or female would have been a joke and would never have been a consideration. The woman is morally bankrupt and has zero redeeming qualities.
Why do you focus on Trump? Why don't you demand better than Hillary or Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 07:36 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
Quote:
The men thank you for your passivity. You are a classic example of why there has never been a woman president or vice president in 227 years. You are why women could not even apply for a credit card until 1974. You are the reason women had to fight for the right to vote at all. Men would never tolerate any of that.
So, with that logic, I assume you voted McCain/Palin and for Dukakis/Ferraro? You COULD vote Stein.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
The truth is the truth. Women who have never been represented in the White House while they have shown a willingness to go to war for this country are foolish when they attack fellow women as old, fat, cankles, a hag, etc. as if they will never age, as if that age does not bring wisdom and experience.

These women that look to their men for approval when they say gender doesn't matter fail to admit gender does matter, that there has never been a female president or vice president in our history and men have been very much okay with that. 227 years and not one female president? Pitiful.
But you've had ample chances to vote for one. Did you do that? There have been women running for those positions in the past.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I have been watching female Trump supporters for the better part of a year. Clearly they don't read their own posts. If women don't care that they have never been represented in the White House in our country's entire history, that's on them. I can assure you, don't ever try that with men. They will steamroll right over you before you can even think of trying it. Which is why all presidents and vice presidents have been men for 227 years. That is why women had to beg for the chance to vote, for the chance to apply for credit, etc. Men give them 5% and make them scratch and beg for 20% instead of demanding 50% at the start.
Women didn't beg men for the right to vote. They fought and in some cases, died for it.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:25 AM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
As a woman,i want to see the first woman president!

I just get all excited thinking about all the disgruntled men mad because a woman will lead the most powerful nation on Earth!

Last the last election revealed lots of racism,this one will reveal a lot of misogyny.
Half of it is on CD.

I do not think she is a great candidate,or even honest,but hey we have something in common.

Gender!
Thank goodness most women didn't think like the OP, and had the common sense not to vote for someone just based on gender.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:37 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:

I just get all excited thinking about all the disgruntled men mad because a woman will lead the most powerful nation on Earth!

Last the last election revealed lots of racism,this one will reveal a lot of misogyny.
Half of it is on CD.

I do not think she is a great candidate,or even honest,but hey we have something in common.

Gender!

With thinking like this it's sad that you can even vote.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:49 AM

381 posts, read 177,199 times
It's going to be very interesting to dissect how each group voted this election. I think this was early in the election night, but Fox News said the percent of women voting for Hillary was underwhelming and certainly seemed like women didn't think gender alone was a good enough reason to vote for her.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:55 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
It's going to be very interesting to dissect how each group voted this election. I think this was early in the election night, but Fox News said the percent of women voting for Hillary was underwhelming and certainly seemed like women didn't think gender alone was a good enough reason to vote for her.
That fact has incensed some on the left.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:57 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That fact has incensed some on the left.
Doesn't incense me. I just feel no need to be sympathetic to women in the workplace or anywhere else. If they don't care about their own progress, I sure don't. It's not my problem.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:02 AM

516 posts, read 429,334 times
Quote:

Half of it is on CD.

Gender!
Women like you are the reason women shouldn't be in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections