U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:59 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,369,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

With the exception of two, maybe three liberal counties, the rest of the state is conservative.
As to the articles comment about Hispanics, they must believe all Hispanics think alike.
Cubans which make up the bulk of Hispanics in the state are mostly (R's), not (D's).
So for someone who voted against Hillary like I did, I am glad to hear Hispanics came out in greater numbers.
Florida is a swing state all the way. Rick Scott won both times by a very small margin (~60K votes)

It's more than 3 counties that are blue. I would say it's like 8 plus 6 than lean democrat. Most of them are very populated. The counties in Tampa Bay and Orlando are not conservative, the ones that are not blue are swing counties like Pinellas, Pasco, Seminole, Hillsborough and Volusia. The conservative counties are the rural parts and Jacksonville and the Panhandle. Even the county where Pensacola is, Escambria votes 40% democrat

Cubans don't make the bulk of the hispanic population, they are a little less than 1/3 of the hispanic population and in 2014 47% leaned republican and 44% democrat. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ocratic-party/
FL is very unpredictable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 04:16 PM

1,651 posts, read 705,695 times
For Trump to win a State like Florida, He needs to beat her decisively. She's going to receive thousands of illegal votes while thousands of Trump votes will never even be counted.

I just Don't think Trump can beat her. Here ground game despite being disgustingly unethical, is very effective. They were bussing in poor people all weekend in NV, and they'll be bussing them in for round two tomorrow. Trump is toast.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:18 PM

15,629 posts, read 8,752,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Anyone who thinks the left is anxious to get out and vote for Clinton, is kidding themselves..
Don't kid yourself. Some are voting for Hillary and some are voting to keep Trump out.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Florida just may surprise the Hildabeast. Trump has investments and runs businesses in Florida. One thing I have observed in these polls, its always slanted against Trump. We will have to see once the dust settles.

Go Trump!
There are several reasons why Trump may win FL but having investments here is not one of them. The people voting for him don't live in the areas where he invests.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:25 PM

15,629 posts, read 8,752,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Florida just may surprise the Hildabeast. Trump has investments and runs businesses in Florida. One thing I have observed in these polls, its always slanted against Trump. We will have to see once the dust settles.

Go Trump!
Is he winning NY? He lives there.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Because you are the most biased, unreasonable Hillary Fawn in the forum. There was never a CHANCE that anyone but Hillary was EVER going to get your vote.

We can all register as whatever we like, but calling yourself an independent does not make it so.
I am? lol whatever.

I think your mind is playing games with you. I am not a Hillary Fawn. I have spoken against her many times.

What I am 100% is a Trump hater. I would vote for a cockroach or a turd before I vote for Trump.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:38 PM

11,058 posts, read 3,723,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Florida is a swing state all the way. Rick Scott won both times by a very small margin (~60K votes)

It's more than 3 counties that are blue. I would say it's like 8 plus 6 than lean democrat. Most of them are very populated. The counties in Tampa Bay and Orlando are not conservative, the ones that are not blue are swing counties like Pinellas, Pasco, Seminole, Hillsborough and Volusia. The conservative counties are the rural parts and Jacksonville and the Panhandle. Even the county where Pensacola is, Escambria votes 40% democrat

Cubans don't make the bulk of the hispanic population, they are a little less than 1/3 of the hispanic population and in 2014 47% leaned republican and 44% democrat. After decades of GOP support, Cubans shifting toward the Democratic Party | Pew Research Center
FL is very unpredictable.

Obama won Florida in 2012 by less than 1% and he is a better politician and doesn't have the baggage Hillary has. Obama won Florida in 2012 by 74,309 votes with 70% of the Latino vote and over 90% of the black vote. Mitt Romney went into Election Day down 161,000 in absentee ballots and early voting. He ended up losing the state by 74,000.

This time, in a dramatic surprise twist, Trump is only down 32,500! And Republicans tend to outvote Democrats on Election Day in Florida.

Florida is a Republican state on the state level:

Governor Republican for 5 straight elections.
Florida Senate is 26 GOP to 14 Democrats for over 5 straight elections.
Florida Legislature: 81 GOP to 37 Democrats for over 5 straight elections.

on the Federal side: US Senator 1 GOP 1 Democrat
US HOuse delegation: 17 GOP to 10 Democrats.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:38 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,289,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Tens of thousands of ballots compromised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xtYmIGcIzU
For the record:

I don't believe ANYTHING posted on YouTube.

YouTube is good for watching music videos, instructional videos (like how to unclog a drain), or some documentaries (like the History of the Celts) ... but those ideological and conspiratorial garbage is bovine excrement.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:39 PM

772 posts, read 276,323 times
Democrats need to stop practicing division politics.

They make an incorrect assumption that All Blacks or Hispanics are going to vote for them.

I have Black and Hispanic relatives in Florida who have voted for TRUMP!

Old 11-07-2016, 04:40 PM

11,058 posts, read 3,723,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
times.

What I am 100% is a Trump hater. I would vote for a cockroach or a turd before I vote for Trump.
but you are already, you are going to vote for Hillary which is lower than a turd and a cockroach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or