Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 11:02 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeOne View Post
If they are legal to vote, they are legal. More people were against Trump than for Trump.
It's in doubt whether or not they are all legal, especially in California and sanctuary cities.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:05 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
I have no interest in seeing how he does, I would vote him out tomorrow if I could. I'm just not interested in have Trump, I can barely look at him or listen to him.
Like it or not, he's the president elect. You can pout if you like, but that doesn't change anything.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:06 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,331,012 times
A democratic decision has been made and the winner is Donald Trump. For sure he is not the optimal person to lead the world, but the ****storm in social media, especially from overseas, is ridiculous. Congratulations to the winner and go live with it, losers!

Old 11-09-2016, 11:07 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
I have no interest in seeing how he does, I would vote him out tomorrow if I could. I'm just not interested in have Trump, I can barely look at him or listen to him.
You sound like a spoiled little brat who didn't get what you wanted for Christmas.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:08 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,045,946 times
Trump is going to be a lame interim president. The most he will do in four years is reverse much of Obama's presidency. Even if he succeeds to make the country prosperous, he will be too old and burned out to run a second term, and then 2020 could go back to the democrats.

Trump will also never get the US Mexico wall up in 4 years. That's just ridiculous thinking.
It took 5 years to break ground on the world trade center, and another 7 years to finish. It will take a good amount of time to break ground on the great wall of usa.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That really speaks to the thread "Do Schools Indoctrinate Students ..." here on CD.

The non-electoral vote was so close. Statistically speaking; only 50% of the students should be in tears if the schools had been presenting a non-biased educational experience/information.

Personally; my kids had good lessons designed in regards to Election 2016 in History class. Assignments that made them think, watch, listen, discuss & read.

But if I had a dime for every time they came home saying "My English/Math/PE teacher told us that: If Trump wins ... blah blah blah (insert various gloom/doom predictions here) ... I would be a rich mom right about now.

If teachers are seriously dealing with classrooms full of sobbing & despair they need to get a grip on this right now.

In Clintons speech a few minutes ago, she actually had a great message for "young people" ... I hope our kids got to see it in school but I doubt it.

If they felt so strongly about her they should maybe let her lead by example for "where we go from here".
Yep. If kids are CRYING over the election, I blame the parents. They should be being kids, not having an emotional investment in an election.

I see people on Facebook posting "What do we tell our kids?" Well, they are going to react to how their parents behave. Act like an adult and tell them that this is how elections work and sometimes your candidate wins and sometimes they lose, and they will accept that and learn to be a good sport, whatever the situation.

It's no different than the "what do we tell our kids?" when Bill Clinton was getting blow jobs from an intern in the Oval Office. I certainly didn't highlight that for my kids. What you focus on expands. You don't burden children with adult issues.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Because I don't support the person the minority elected? He's not going to know that I don't like or support him. It's still a free country and I'm entitled to dislike him a great deal.
It's not because you don't support him. It's because you have a childish attitude and are basically having a temper tantrum here on the forum because your candidate didn't win. Say you don't support him, but be mature about it, and no one will call you a spoiled brat.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:16 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
unlike chilly billy who lied to the point of being impeached....Dirty Princess and Big Daddy are out...

HC is second only to Trump as the worst candidate ever put forth . I have no love for her and her loss hurts only in that the only person worse than her got in as a result .

And Bill is nothing as a liar compared to Trump .

Old 11-09-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Why are you attacking me for saying I don't support Trump? I don't support him. Why are Trump supporters attacking people that don't support Trump?
I'm not attacking you for saying you don't support him. I'm saying it's your ATTITUDE that people are responding to, not the fact that you don't support him.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:24 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
As long as someone obeys the law and doesn't actively undermine US interest - that's enough support for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections