U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 06:44 AM

1,950 posts, read 2,221,340 times

Advertisements

Lots of crow to eat today....

-"never trumpers"
- the media
- elitists everywhere

for starters.
Enjoy

Old 11-09-2016, 06:47 AM

6,391 posts, read 1,270,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There were 18 million fewer voters this year than 2012 ... what were those people thinking?
I think you are mistaken. Voter turnout up 4.7% around the country

18,035 posts, read 11,044,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
CNN hasn't adjusted their DJT smear campaign, what a bitter crew!
Do you think people that hate Trump are now going to like Trump or his supporters? Get a clue.

1,179 posts, read 596,192 times
The deed is done, she conceded.

The polls were wrong

The media was wrong

People have spoken and this was a rejection of the Obama administration and the corruption of Clinton.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:48 AM

5,500 posts, read 4,310,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
For All of You Who Said I Would Not Be Here on Nov 9th.

Told You So.

Yes you did Waldo, yes you did!

Old 11-09-2016, 06:49 AM

10,478 posts, read 6,173,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
But CNN said white voters weren't voting. Democrats neglected the rust belt states and took them for granted. Trump reached out to them and won, its that simple
True indeed. I had noted two weeks ago that I was struck by Michael Moore, the film-maker, whom appeared on CNN and spoke of how Donald John Trump would win the 'rust belt' states. Mr. Moore (of whom we had a thread about his prediction of a Trump win), stated something like (paraphrased):

"Those voters (in the rust belt) are not racists or in the fringe of Trump supporters. Rather, they have watched their jobs disappear for the past decades and their wages decrease. To them, a vote for Clinton would mean more of the same, while at least Donald Trump says he will bring back those middle class jobs".

I had thought that Mr. Trump was foolish to spend so much time in the area, but he was obviously correct, as was Mr. Moore.

Anyway, it was an exciting night of television! I thought Ms. Clinton had a good chance of winning during the first few hours, especially when early Texas results showed a surprisingly close race (I do not know how it ended up). Indeed, early on she had an early 10 point lead in Ohio. Imagine my surprise when that lead (that was based on only 5 percent of the vote or such), quickly evaporated, and ended up with a strong lead by Mr. Trump.

I will note that, for the past months, I had been beating the drum saying 'take the polls with a grain of salt', pointing out that Gallup was sitting out this cycle due to the unreliability of polling in todays landscape. It appears that the polls were utterly incorrect. Now, some may end up pointing to one or two that were correct, but when you have some 800 (so I read) pollsters, that a few correctly called it may be due more to happenstance rather than science. Of course, the polling industry will be studying any polls that were correct, and see if said pollsters had discovered the 'magic combination' of landlines and cell phones, etc.

I did think that Ms. Clinton would win, based on the demographics, and the fact that Mr. Trump had been alienating large segments of the population. I did see that one segment, 'white women with college degrees', broke for Mr. Trump (as well as, of course, Independents). Those whom maintained that there were 'shy' Trump supporters were apparently correct.

I actually went to bed while it was still 'up in the air' (although the outcome had become evident), yet woke up in time to read the CNN declaration that Mr. Trump had won.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:49 AM

5,500 posts, read 4,310,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
We dodged a bullet with Hillary.
Along with our sons and daughters...

Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 AM

18,035 posts, read 11,044,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
You know, I'm tired of comments like this. I went to Facebook today and say a bunch of comments like this from sore losers. The truth is, a lot of Americans were tired of their voices not being heard and last night they elected someone that they think finally speaks for them. I am not racist. I would have been thrilled to have Condoleeza Rice as president. I don't have a problem with immigrants. I have a problem with illegal immigrants.

If Hillary had won, I was prepared to accept her as my president and move forward. I hope those of you throwing tantrums can find it in yourselves to do the same.
That's BS. And by the way,Trump's third wife is an illegal immigrant so save your breath. Trump ran on racism and his racist supporters loved it. It started with calling President Obama an illegitimate Kenyan and continued on to calling Mexicans rapists and don't forget Trump and his father wouldn't rent to blacks. Everyone knows what a racist Trump is and Trump supporters love that about him because they are too.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:55 AM

5,681 posts, read 8,087,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That's BS. And by the way,Trump's third wife is an illegal immigrant so save your breath. Trump ran on racism and his racist supporters loved it. It started with calling President Obama an illegitimate Kenyan and continued on to calling Mexicans rapists and don't forget Trump and his father wouldn't rent to blacks. Everyone knows what a racist Trump is and Trump supporters love that about him because they are too.
She voted, therefore she must be a citizen.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:57 AM

1,504 posts, read 627,568 times
I guess that America was not ready to elect a woman....who does not like men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or