U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 09:27 AM
bUU

11,881 posts, read 8,657,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Go to the forum and look at all of the negative Trump threads being started.
Did you think that winning an election would wash away the stain of immorality of what President-elect Trump proposed and is likely to do? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
In all fairness, I believe Ringo was on here yesterday.
I was gone for short while because my church needed to pull together a worship service last night in response to the election. Some of us have responsibilities that are a bit more important than keeping up with nonsense on the forum.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:33 AM

38,131 posts, read 14,894,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
In all fairness, I believe Ringo was on here yesterday. Most of the HRC supporters that were "gung ho" were probably paid to be here. I mean who could really be "gung ho" for HRC? I could see voting for her as the lesser of two evils, but to actually LOVE her, never bought into that.
Count me among the "gung ho." Clinton definitely has flaws, who doesn't, but I believe that she did the best she could to make this a better world to live in.

I have always believed in services for disabled children, health care for everyone, working on nonproliferation rather than just saying who cares how many nations have nuclear weapons, sending in Spec Ops to get Bin Ladin rather than the 3rd Division to invade.

I don't think isolationism is even possible any more, let alone smart.

Those factory jobs aren't coming back. That train has left the station.

I love living in a nation that holds out its arms to "huddled masses yearning to breath free." We've been a nation where immigrants have, until now, been able to find a home.

I was shocked when Trump won. Stunned. I had no idea so many people would buy into his brand of hate and lies.

Perhaps he only did it get elected and will turn out to be a good leader. One can only hope.

But with him at the helm and the Republicans controlling Congress, I think we are going to be a very different nation in 4 years.

Whether that is good or bad, remains to be seen.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:35 AM

5,549 posts, read 4,340,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Did you think that winning an election would wash away the stain of immorality of what President-elect Trump proposed and is likely to do? Really?

I was gone for short while because my church needed to pull together a worship service last night in response to the election. Some of us have responsibilities that are a bit more important than keeping up with nonsense on the forum.
What's really immoral is the damage that Hillary would have done to the middle class. We really dodged a bullet, well our sons and daughters that is did, this time around.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:49 AM
bUU

11,881 posts, read 8,657,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
What's really immoral is the damage that Hillary would have done to the middle class.
You are literally wrong. The measure of a society is how it treats its most vulnerable members. Every major Eastern and Western religious, and non-religious, code of morality, going back to the Code of Hammurabi, teaches that. If you don't know what morality is, you're better off keeping silent about it.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:54 AM

72 posts, read 102,288 times
Donald Trump Jr. is so excited he just cut off another elephant's tail.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:56 AM

45,061 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Oh there is a long, long list. I am missing biscuitmom, BucFan, Unsettomati, Bureaucat, ElliottCA, Petty Penderrass, Donna501, CoolZombie, unbrainwashed, GearHeadDave, biggunssmallbrains, Dane_LA, odanny, Ringo, Crazee Cat Lady, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many, many others.
I tell you. Some of these characters dished out a lot of stuff in my direction for supporting Trump since July 2015.

Still, I wish them well. For the most part, CD is very remarkable that most of it's discussions remain very civil. My hat is off to everyone who took time to honestly express their opinion, thoughts and anything else about the election.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:16 AM

2,698 posts, read 4,494,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I tell you. Some of these characters dished out a lot of stuff in my direction for supporting Trump since July 2015.

Still, I wish them well. For the most part, CD is very remarkable that most of it's discussions remain very civil. My hat is off to everyone who took time to honestly express their opinion, thoughts and anything else about the election.
Very, very true. I have enjoyed reading stuff on here with the differences of opinions without seeing "go kill yourself" "just die already" "go choke on something".

Old 11-10-2016, 10:17 AM

5,485 posts, read 3,908,104 times
Quote:
You are literally wrong. The measure of a society is how it treats its most vulnerable members. Every major Eastern and Western religious, and non-religious, code of morality, going back to the Code of Hammurabi, teaches that. If you don't know what morality is, you're better off keeping silent about it.
I'm a licensed clinical social worker whose job and passion is helping the very most disadvantaged and struggling members of society. I do it every day, day in and day out, not as a "political hobby".

Hillary and her crew were poison, pure poison to the people I and those like me are trying to help.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:21 AM

45,061 posts, read 17,902,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Very, very true. I have enjoyed reading stuff on here with the differences of opinions without seeing "go kill yourself" "just die already" "go choke on something".
Indeed. I hope they come back.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:23 AM

5,549 posts, read 4,340,026 times
Quote:
No, I'm actually right. Hillary would have led to further destruction of the middle class. The people who do the grunt work around here, you know, the guys who police our streets, put our fires out, drive the tractor trailers that bring us our stuff, make sure that our infrastructure works, knew this when they voted for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or