Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 05:50 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times

Advertisements

Trump not unlike Hitler, hates disabled people.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:51 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I suppose it is possible that the mother didn't think that even trump supporters would be nasty enough to actually beat up on a kid in a wheelchair. Now she knows for sure that trumpworld is not a safe place in which to protest anything.

Now she knows the true depth of the deplorables.

Disgusting.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:53 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ok assuming that it really happened and that Trump supporters are as bad as Hillary supporters claim. Why would anyone take their disabled child to such an environment?
Myself I don't know that I believe it happened or that it was as bad as claimed. I get that the mother felt the right to protest. That doesn't mean that is the best choice of activities.
I disagree with black lives matter, but I would avoid protesting at such an event because enough violence has happened at those rallies that I have no wish to get hurt or threatened.
Per the bolded ---exactly!

If the mother wanted to protest, she could have done so without involving her child. It sounds like she is using her kid as a prop.

Who brings a disabled child to a place that is as crowded as a Trump event, all the while knowing that she was putting her child and herself in a situation that could become volatile?

I have a neighbor whose child uses a wheelchair. They pulled her out of the local elementary school because it had become crowded to the point that their child got unintentionally jostled and ended up injured. The parents had the school system move their daughter into a school that wasn't crowded.

I tell this story because the mother at the Trump rally should have been looking out for her child's safety.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I suppose it is possible that the mother didn't think that even trump supporters would be nasty enough to actually beat up on a kid in a wheelchair. Now she knows for sure that trumpworld is not a safe place in which to protest anything.
or it didn't happen, or it was exaggerated.
But then who would think that Hillary supporters would burn a man's vehicle because it had a Trump sticker on it? Did it really happen that way? I don't know.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:56 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

If the mother wanted to protest, she could have done so without involving her child. It sounds like she is using her kid as a prop.

Who brings a disabled child to a place that is as crowded as a Trump event, all the while knowing that she was putting her child and herself in a situation that could become volatile?

I have a neighbor whose child uses a wheelchair. They pulled her out of the local elementary school because it had become crowded to the point that their child got unintentionally jostled and ended up injured. The parents had the school system move their daughter into a school that wasn't crowded.

I tell this story because the mother at the Trump rally should have been looking out for her child's safety.
Like my mom always said... two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:56 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:

Um, what adult beats up on a child in a wheelchair??

Stop victim-blaming!

Old 11-07-2016, 05:57 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:

If the mother wanted to protest, she could have done so without involving her child.
The child is 12 years old, he wanted to be there and says he looks forward to voting when he turns 18.

and imagine what would happen to her is she was alone with those deplorables

Old 11-07-2016, 05:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:

Thats my take on it as well and I am by no means a Trump supporter. Then again I have seen Eagles fan harass a wheelchair bound kid for wearing a Cowboys Jersey. Phili is hardcore democratville.

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
or it didn't happen, or it was exaggerated.
But then who would think that Hillary supporters would burn a man's vehicle because it had a Trump sticker on it? Did it really happen that way? I don't know.
Unlike this incident, nobody seems to have witnessed the truck burning, so there is really no proof of who did it. You may be spreading an untruth. Since there appears to be video of the wheelchair incident, it really does appears to have happened, more or less the way it has been described.

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Hey everyone wants equal rights and to be treated just like everyone else, so the disabled need to be able to take a good beating just like anybody else otherwise it's not truly "equal" rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections