U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:46 PM

25,269 posts, read 15,293,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Because we know his idea of Great Again is for brown people and women to know their place.

Great Again means black people go back to being quiet about injustices that make white people uncomfortable. When white people can ignore these injustices, they feel Great.

Sorry, but I take issue with that. Maybe you need to feel a little uncomfortable in your little bubble.
Where does this come from ?
When did he say this ?

When did he say he was going to do this ? Seems to be your imagination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

37,964 posts, read 14,800,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yep, but you won't hear them say a peep because they know it's literally dangerous to come out against Hillary these days if you're a democrat. The left has become an intolerant cesspool of hate against anyone who doesn't do what they want you to.
Malarky.

The intolerant cesspool of hate are the Trump supporters.

If you doubt that, scan this forum.

14,150 posts, read 7,649,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Malarky.

Some of the hardest working people in this country are immigrants.
I said ILLEGAL immigrants, therefore I'll just ignore all the rest of the BS you're about to spew. I don't pay attention to ignorant statements made by people who purposely conflate immigrant with illegal.

Quote:
Go to any area after a storm and see who is packing roofing shingles on their back in 100 degree heat.

Look in the back kitchen of any restaurant and see who hustling around.

Wander agricultural fields and see who is harvesting our lettuce, picking our fruit.

For every criminal, there are thousand of hard working people who are doing a good job of raising their children and making America Great.

I think we should penalize employers who disobey the law and define a path to citizenship for those hard working folks who want to be Americans.

Either that, or ship that statue in the harbor back to France.
Newsflash, not every dark skinned person you see working is illegal. There are tons of great, hardworking immigrants in this country who are vital to our nation.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Malarky.

The intolerant cesspool of hate are the Trump supporters.

If you doubt that, scan this forum.
This forum, and the internet for that matter isn't a fair representation of any part of this country. The amount of hate and violence I've seen from left wing Hillary Supporters this election season has been staggering.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM

7,208 posts, read 2,887,345 times
Quote:
I agree. It's insulting.

Intimidating voters, advocating war crimes, blathering about using nuclear weapons, putting limits on our free press, instituting a tax/tariff plan that economists predict will tank our economy, a President who lies continually and threatens to imprison people... what about any of this sounds like a Great Nation?
None of it.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 12 days ago)

58,082 posts, read 40,863,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Yet people come from all over the world to attend our universities and receive health care in our hospitals.
There's nothing wrong with the quality of our healthcare, affordability's a whole 'nother issue.

I've seen numbers put forth as an example for a hip replacement, the very same surgery that might cost $45-50K in the US could be had in Belgium, performed by a top rated surgeon, for $15-17K. The exact same implant that you might be billed ~$11-12K for in the US could be had for ~$1,100 in Belgium.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post

None of it.
How does it feel to know that your vote in California for Hillary may not be enough to help her pull off a win? Does it anger you that some lowly rust belt and Southern voters that you despise might give Trump a win?

Old 11-07-2016, 03:50 PM

21,055 posts, read 11,676,612 times
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Colorado: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...cast/colorado/

Funny but I don't see where Trump has a tie in Colorado.

And what I have seen when I've canvassed for Hillary is lots of enthusiastic support. I am confident that CO will go blue and also return our Democratic Senator to Washington. Even a chance of flipping a House seat from red to blue.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:51 PM

1,640 posts, read 541,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
We aren't the greatest in certain important categories . Healthcare and Education are two big ones.
Two things we actually do well at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
That's the thing. As Trump has said, "She has experience...but it's BAD experience"

She's had many many years to prove herself and she FAILED in serving the people...too focused on her own desire for power and to use her power to make a fortune.

People seem to forget that Trump has never held public office unlike Clinton.
You have no idea what you're talking about. You have opinions based on Trump's talking points, nothing more. Try reviewing her work as SOS, as Senator, as 1 lady, as a lawyer, in college, in HS and then form an opinion. Until you have independently done that how in the world can you have an opinion one way or the other?

Old 11-07-2016, 03:51 PM

7,208 posts, read 2,887,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How does it feel to know that your vote in California for Hillary may not be enough to help her pull off a win? Does it anger you that some lowly rust belt and Southern voters that you despise might give Trump a win?
I'm in Virginia. My vote will be very impactful.

The more YOU know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or