Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:26 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
If you live in America why wouldn't you want it to be better than it is today?

Why wouldn't you want the government and politicians to put the American people and America first?
American already is great, love it or leave it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 03:26 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
By substituting their brand of crookedness with his? I mean you have investigated the 'legitimacy' of Trump's foundation?- especially if you are using that as a basis for illuminating 'corruption and crookedness'.

This reasoning is some of the most absurd I've ever heard in supporting either of these two candidates. It's like the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.
Trump has never put our national security at risk, Hillary Clinton has. That's all I need to know at this point, I can't vote for a liar who treated our national secrets like worthless chain emails.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:30 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Trump has never put our national security at risk, Hillary Clinton has. That's all I need to know at this point, I can't vote for a liar who treated our national secrets like worthless chain emails.
That's the thing. As Trump has said, "She has experience...but it's BAD experience"

She's had many many years to prove herself and she FAILED in serving the people...too focused on her own desire for power and to use her power to make a fortune.

People seem to forget that Trump has never held public office unlike Clinton.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:30 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,784,958 times
Quote:
We aren't the greatest in certain important categories . Healthcare and Education are two big ones.
Good point, but I don't trust Trump to help either of those issues.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
American already is great, love it or leave it..
I'm a proud American that wants to help improve/fix his country, I'm not going anywhere. If I left I'd be no better than the illegal aliens who have flooded our country and brought their problems with them.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:32 PM

305 posts, read 179,931 times
Nothing about the way Trump has lived his life or run his businesses, indicates that he will make this country great if given the role of leading it.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:34 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Because we know his idea of Great Again is for brown people and women to know their place.

Great Again means black people go back to being quiet about injustices that make white people uncomfortable. When white people can ignore these injustices, they feel Great.

Sorry, but I take issue with that. Maybe you need to feel a little uncomfortable in your little bubble.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
If you live in America why wouldn't you want it to be better than it is today?

Why wouldn't you want the government and politicians to put the American people and America first?
Because I don't believe any ~50 year old who would make the asinine statement that avoiding the clap was like his "personal Vietnam" places any meaning/importance on the words he spews, just meaningless sound bites. It disgusts me that someone of that generation who should know all too well how many lives Vietnam disrupted for no good reason would joke about it like that. If for no other reason but that I hope he gets his sorry ass handed to him tomorrow.

Last edited by burdell; 11-07-2016 at 04:08 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 03:36 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
We aren't the greatest in certain important categories . Healthcare and Education are two big ones.
Yet people come from all over the world to attend our universities and receive health care in our hospitals.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:37 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Insulting and offensive to say that our Great Country isn't great.
I agree. It's insulting.

Intimidating voters, advocating war crimes, blathering about using nuclear weapons, putting limits on our free press, instituting a tax/tariff plan that economists predict will tank our economy, a President who lies continually and threatens to imprison people... what about any of this sounds like a Great Nation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections