U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:28 AM

16,272 posts, read 9,105,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
and they will never win again, America is turning away from racist, homophobic, misogynistic, Islamophobic haters. We are sick of the rich getting richer while we pay all our wages to keep the economy going. Republicans are a dying breed, thank God.

the sad thing is you don't see the irony of electing Hillary Clinton because of your above comment...

so sad.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:32 AM

16,272 posts, read 9,105,195 times
As a very conservative person who has voted republican in every presidential election I have been able to, and as a person who voted for Donald Trump, I agree with the OP.

I would go a step further, the GOP win or lose is gone. IF Donald wins, (3% chance of that IMHO) there is a chance to rebuild. if Donald loses. the GOP serves no purpose. there is nothing left to fight for.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:34 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,153,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
If the GOP loses again tomorrow, they have some thinking to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss1NNMLMnZg
It isnt gonna be their death. Bet you they'll hold onto the House. If they lose the Senate, they'll probably take it back in 2018

Old 11-08-2016, 10:40 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the sad thing is you don't see the irony of electing Hillary Clinton because of your above comment...

so sad.
^^^This. They bought a big crap load of sexist\mysoginist\racist etc. (heck we had people throwing those claims at Sanders too in the primaries) and are ignoring a long deep history of corporate ties and are utterly clueless.

Not saying they should vote for Trump, just pointing out the delusion people have about what candidates are REALLY going to do and not do. (Same goes for Trump supporters that think Hillary is really going to ban guns and Trump is really going to stop illegal immigration etc.)

Hillary is 4-8 more years of continuation of the same general policies Bush and Obama had. Off-shoring, foreign entanglements, corporate perks, illegal workers and working class wage stagnation.

Ironically, it's going to be easier for HIillary to get a lot of stuff passed than Trump because when some big corporate benefiting bill comes out the Repubs will support it and Hillary will support it and half the dems can't break ranks with her and have any hope of staying in office.

That's how NAFTA got passed and a bunch of the banking deregulation in the late 90's.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:44 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
As a very conservative person who has voted republican in every presidential election I have been able to, and as a person who voted for Donald Trump, I agree with the OP.

I would go a step further, the GOP win or lose is gone. IF Donald wins, (3% chance of that IMHO) there is a chance to rebuild. if Donald loses. the GOP serves no purpose. there is nothing left to fight for.
As an independent fiscal con\ social lib....I have to disagree.

Repubs have some real footing on economic policy but are getting slaughtered on social items.

The fact that Trump, with all his baggage and bombast was this close to Hillary shouldn't be a cause of concern as opposed to a sign that a socially moderate republican would have likely beaten Hillary.

The only hard look the repubs have to take is at their own selection process and deciding whether stupid crap like opposing gay marriage is worth it.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:45 AM

18,438 posts, read 9,548,793 times
Hello Venezuela....we are on your path....see you soon.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:50 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,122,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
They'll do another "autopsy" and determine they need to be more inclusive, but they won't.

They'll obstruct Hillary at every turn.

They'll lose again in 2020.
Sounds good to me. I'd rather obstruct and lose than win and facilitate.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:52 AM

19,700 posts, read 14,679,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
They'll do another "autopsy" and determine they need to be more inclusive, but they won't.

They'll obstruct Hillary at every turn.

They'll lose again in 2020.
They do need to oppose Hillary at every turn as we are:

Back in Iraq after getting us in there and out of
Still in Afghanistan after our objective was met
Invading other countries Libya and now Syria and Deposing their leaders
Trading deserters for Terrorist
Trying to convert Illegal Aliens into Citizen Democrats as fast as possible
Having the IRS investigate their political Foes
Having a Corrupt Foundation that is founded on Payola from Foreign governments.
Lying to congress over emails.

The list goes on and on.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:52 AM

12,351 posts, read 7,498,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
and they will never win again, America is turning away from racist, homophobic, misogynistic, Islamophobic haters. We are sick of the rich getting richer while we pay all our wages to keep the economy going. Republicans are a dying breed, thank God.
No hatred on your side of the fence, I see.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:53 AM

25,059 posts, read 23,153,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hello Venezuela....we are on your path....see you soon.
No we're not. Stop being melodramatic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections