Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times

Advertisements

Well, folks, it's been an exciting, ground-breaking, fun, long and cringe-worthy election season. . . . since mid-2015; way, way too long.

The race seems to be extremely close, and we probably won't know how it's gonna go until at least 9:20 p.m., EST. It's going to be a nail biter, I think. I am sure there will be many ecstatic as well as angry and disappointed posters tomorrow night.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck, no matter who you support. Though the discussions often get very heated, and we have radically different notions of what is best for the country, I commend all of you for your passion for politics and the future of this country. There are countless intelligent and welll-informed posters on both sides, which makes this forum great. Do you ever ask yourself how the hell you ended up on City-Data POC board? I mean, City-Data!

If Trump wins, I sure hope that:

1. Clinton would concede gratuitously without claiming that our election system is rigged and that election results should not be accepted;

2. The Democrats in the Senate would not refuse to schedule a hearing for Trump's SCOTUS appointment (or filibuster if they don't obtain a majority) until the end of times;

See you guys tomorrow night! May the best person win.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 06:38 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Mick---Truthfully, that's the best thing you've ever posted.

Yes, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:39 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Mick---Truthfully, that's the best thing you've ever posted.

Yes, we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Lol, soooo mean.

Mick

Old 11-07-2016, 06:40 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,718 times
I hope, that whoever wins, the government and new president will actually work together and make an effort.
Not like it was for so long with Obama, where false pride and just plain sore losers refused to have a working relationship with the new president.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:40 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Lol, soooo mean.

Mick
Awwww, Mick! You know what they say, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Old 11-07-2016, 06:41 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlR0KElxxVg

Old 11-07-2016, 06:42 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
We'll all survive, I'm sure, but the big question is whether the venom spewed and mud slung on both sides in this campaign can be prevented from widening the gap between the two poles; if not, we could be in for a very nasty ride.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:42 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Well, folks, it's been an exciting, ground-breaking, fun, long and cringe-worthy election season. . . . since mid-2015; way, way too long.

The race seems to be extremely close, and we probably won't know how it's gonna go until at least 9:20 p.m., EST. It's going to be a nail biter, I think. I am sure there will be many ecstatic as well as angry and disappointed posters tomorrow night.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck, no matter who you support. Though the discussions often get very heated, and we have radically different notions of what is best for the country, I commend all of you for your passion for politics and the future of this country. There are countless intelligent and welll-informed posters on both sides, which makes this forum great. Do you ever ask yourself how the hell you ended up on City-Data POC board? I mean, City-Data!

If Trump wins, I sure hope that:

1. Clinton would concede gratuitously without claiming that our election system is rigged and that election results should not be accepted;

2. The Democrats in the Senate would not refuse to schedule a hearing for Trump's SCOTUS appointment (or filibuster if they don't obtain a majority) until the end of times;

See you guys tomorrow night! May the best person win.

Mick
Why would Clinton say it's rigged, she never has. Trump is the one who is not prepared for defeat.

The start of your thread is good, but it's obvious you can't be neutral and objective.

After all that

1. Anti Clinton

2. Pro Trump.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Kudos, Mick.

Everybody stay safe and get out and vote for the candidate of your choice.

You have no right to b#### about the results if you don't vote.

Peace

Old 11-07-2016, 06:45 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
We'll all survive, I'm sure, but the big question is whether the venom spewed and mud slung on both sides in this campaign can be prevented from widening the gap between the two poles; if not, we could be in for a very nasty ride.
Things only get worse. The venom isn't because of hillary or trump. The venom is because two groups of people with completely different value systems and world views are forced to share political space. No way that improves so far as I can tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections