Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 04:03 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times

Advertisements

Impeach him now! No wait....he has not done anything yet...in fact he is not every the president yet....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 04:04 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,445,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
That's a good thing that he used a gay slur?
It is in Trumpmerica!

Old 11-13-2016, 04:04 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Help me understand Bannon please, anybody!! He makes me feel very uneasy as he is held up to be connected to the Alt Right. I have occasionally read some interesting articles on Breitbart, however, the comments sections often has way too much participation by White Supremacists, and I've read the most horrible things. Still not as bad as something like Stormfront, but for a supposedly more "mainstream" source of news, this Alt -Right thing is alive and well there.

I've often defended Trump and his supporters, and spent quite some time just last night with my Jewish friend assuring her she has nothing to fear. I still believe this is so, but appointing Bannon to such an important position troubles me, and add more fuel to the fire I believe.

Also, are there different "levels" of "Alt-right"? Milo is deemed to be a leader of the movement by the media, but I've also read that the "real" Alt-right leaders hate him and thinks he's a "degenerate" because he's gay and his boyfriends are black. I do understand he's a "professional internet troll" and has been very influential to millennials who are on the right.

Someone please help me understand! Is the Alt-Right misunderstood? Are they White Supremacists? Is Bannon a White Supremacist?

Thanks!
Question, why would your Jewish friend be uneasy and fearful with Trump due to religion? Trump's daughter and grandchildren are Jewish.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:05 PM

1,327 posts, read 722,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Yeah, as long as you're a white male Republican, you're good to go.
I am, so far out!

The pain you people are feeling over your loss is well-deserved. Your president practically destroyed all that was good about America and Trump is about to fix it so relax and let it happen.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:06 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombleywomberly View Post
Why would you even begin to imagine that Trumpzis want to ally the fears of Blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Jews, LGBT, etc.?
This particular Trumpet could not care less how fearful the people on your list are. They have nothing to fear and if they are quaking in their boots they have only themselves (and maybe you) to blame.

The rest of us will be getting on with our lives. They should come join us.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:06 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Correction.....white, Christian, straight male Republican with a white spouse....then you are good
The race hatred coming up again. Now it seems ok to denounce White men and women?. Create more division as the worst prez in recent years finally leaves us all. That must really hurt. The only Black president and he decimates his own party, his own legacy and the whole nation on his watch.

This man has done so much damage , it will take us time to pick up the pieces.

It really must be a hard pill to swallow for the Black community, the only Black president in our history and the sad state he left the nation.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:07 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
If you don't know who Steve Bannon is you owe it yourself to find out about him. He is a leader of the alt right and his goal is to take over the Republican party.

Here is what he is all about:

What You Need To Know About The Trump Campaign

NYT disagrees, 10 mins ago:

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump on Sunday chose Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee and a loyal campaign adviser, to be his White House chief of staff, turning to a Washington insider whose friendship with the House speaker, Paul D. Ryan, could help secure early legislative victories.

In selecting Mr. Priebus, the president-elect passed over Stephen K. Bannon, the right-wing media mogul who oversaw his presidential campaign. If Mr. Trump had appointed Mr. Bannon, a fierce critic of the Republican establishment, it would have signaled a continued disdain for a party that Mr. Trump fought throughout his campaign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/us...rump.html?_r=0

Old 11-13-2016, 04:07 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
For the good of your mental health, you would need to stop reading the MSM and come down to reality.

Otherwise you learned nothing from this election. Still holding onto what they tell you. Loving all the hysteria and drama. Living for it. As bad as them and that says alot.

Oh, and the comments are so bad in some of the sites. I am beside myself with worry now.

They are all KKK and White Supremacists, yeah and they are coming for us. That nonsense does not work anymore and you can still try and play it, but we know all about the Liberal tactics.
I'm not not freaking out... I'm concerned. He's a well known antagonistic and controversial character and will further fuel further people who are TRULY freaking out! I think this is a STUPID decision!!
Bannon will be used like a club by the anarchists and the Michael Moore types. I'm not suggesting Trump pander at to those types, but giving him such a high position will only make getting things done all the more complicated.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:09 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You know who bothered me?

Bill Ayers. Jeremiah Wright.

You guys will survive - we did.
For all of the liberal fear mongering, Bill Ayers is ACTUALLY a domestic terrorist.

Ayers stated, "I'm not so much against the war as I am for a Vietnamese victory," and "I'm not so much for peace as for a U.S. defeat."

In 1970, Ayers explained what the Weather Underground was all about: "Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that's where it's really at

Old 11-13-2016, 04:09 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Let's see what you say when they shut down DC on 1/20 ... and Ill be right there with them. Fascists and bigots have no place in our political system.
Over 60 million Americans disagree with you and voted for Trump. So they hold power for at least the next two years. Might as well take a deep breath and just deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections