U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 08:39 PM

1,947 posts, read 901,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I will accept a Donald Trump election outcome. Unlike Trump, I don't think that our election process is a sham.

But I think he'll prove to be a grave disappointment economically speaking and push us closer to an authoritarian country in 4 years.
Wriggling free now are you ?

Backtracking in a classic manner

Could not stick with Hillary could you

So willing to save face and find some way of preserving your pride

Total change of tone from you

Saving face like I expect many Clinton fans to

Downright insulting and indignant before

Wow !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 08:44 PM

11,294 posts, read 5,923,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trust me when I say, Democrats will not be kind to Republicans and they have no obligation to. If Trump wins and the Republicans take the Senate and the House, they can rip it all up. 20 million will lose health coverage and whatever else but the reality is, I live on the West coast and we have no use for Republicans. We absolutely have no use for them. We passed gay marriage by vote, we passed marijuana by vote, we have an Obamacare exchange and our city looks like the United Nations. We have no use for Trump or Republicans.
My point exactly. Extreme partisanship will destroy us, you seem to think its ok if you do it but not ok for others. F' both parties. We need a viable third party

Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 PM

107 posts, read 51,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I do not see this country coming together. I saw the way Republicans treated President Obama and I will never forget it. Republicans will never get respect from me, ever, after the last eight years.
It's a shame that this is a definite and significant part of their legacy.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 PM

3,312 posts, read 1,867,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
My point exactly. Extreme partisanship will destroy us, you seem to think its ok if you do it but not ok for others. F' both parties. We need a viable third party
But what third party would that be? As long as there is only one president no matter who it is people are unhappy.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:52 PM

11,294 posts, read 5,923,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
But what third party would that be? No matter who is president people are unhappy.
Who knows, but this BS isn't working. Something needs to change, and the extreme partisanship isn't helping. A two party system just makes it worse every year.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:23 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,452,692 times
Well, now that Trump is PRESIDENT let's hope we all can now settle down into a "let's wait and see" mode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or