Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
get real; I can't believe anyone is naive enough to think Roe versus Wade will ever be overturned? If it was going to happen an attempt would have been made while Bush was in office. He had a conservative court and is very much opposed to abortion. We have a hell of lot more, in this country to worry about than abortion right now.
I agree, but I'd estimate a solid 30% at least of Trump support is from evangelical Christians who are willing to overlook the most sinful presidential candidate in history due to Supreme Court nominations, which for them always comes down to abortions. I know this because they're in my family and all over my FB page with videos of preachers saying as much. Also note I was responding to someone whose first words why Clinton is an unfit candidate was "abortion"; that is the mentality of most evangelicals right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing I have to say is that I have met a lot of nice people on this forum because of this election. (even some of the ones on the other side are great people, we just differ in our opinions).

This is what a Democracy is, and we are exercising it fully on these threads. It has been a pleasure interacting with all of you these past months.

And, I will say it........if Donald Trump is elected, I will accept it and go on with my life. Probably you will not hear a Trump supporter say that if Hillary wins, but I mean it.
Even though I rarely agree with you, IMO your posts reveal that you are obviously a nice person.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:42 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Hillary sent state goons to beat Gennifer Flowers's lawyer into a pulp and leave him for dead. They broke half the bones in his body. She ran Bill's administrations.

Her former solutions provider Larry Nichols says she shacked up with Webb Hubbell in order to make partner.

The Clintons are violent psychopaths.

You guys are unbelievable......literally !

Old 11-08-2016, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Congrats grammy. Enjoy bridge. LOL!
btw, I am not your grammy: my grandkids all voted for Trump, as did their spouses, they range in age from mid 20s to early 30s and all have degrees, some advanced degrees. They use their brains.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:45 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
[quote=BucFan;46103556]I'm guessing that Trumpkins slept like babies.

{Woke up every 4 hrs and had a giant crap in their pants....}[/QUOTE

Spoken like a true Hillary supporter . classy just like the candidate.

I slept like a baby why worry about things you have no control over . Today the people will decide .

Old 11-08-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Hillary sent state goons to beat Gennifer Flowers's lawyer into a pulp and leave him for dead. They broke half the bones in his body. She ran Bill's administrations.

Her former solutions provider Larry Nichols says she shacked up with Webb Hubbell in order to make partner.

The Clintons are violent psychopaths.
mm4, ^^^^^ I noticed that later in the thread that BucFan replied to this post and didn't even try to refute what you posted.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:46 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
btw, I am not your grammy: my grandkids all voted for Trump, as did their spouses, they range in age from mid 20s to early 30s and all have degrees, some advanced degrees. They use their brains.

Now, now, don't get all worked up, grandma. Don't overdo it.

We want you healthy for bridge.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 AM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,659,209 times
Quote:
How can anyone vote for President based on one issue, especially a social issue? I know many do, but how closed minded is that?
Yep, it is a real head shaker to me but I guess people get fixated on an issue and just tune everything else out. On my list of issues, same-sex marriage doesn't even make the cut.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
No, this is not "what a democracy is." This country was deliberately not founded as a democracy--two wolves and a sheep deciding on what's for dinner--but rather as a constitutional republic.
^^^^^ Yet even other members will incorrectly argue against the facts in your words above.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:45 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
For some of us this is very emotional. Like others have said I didn't feel like that in 2000 or 2004.

Last night I watched Trump's last rally and I was so disgusted since I hadn't watched that beast's rallies in a while. I can't even watch him anymore. He is such a hateful manipulative piece of excrement.

I guess that's life and we gotta get used to this. Even if Trump doesn't win, he will probably be replaced by someone worst than him 3 years from now. This is the new normal. Or maybe the normal that always existed but that I foolishly thought was not that common.
Get a kleenex, blow your nose, get another one and wipe your tears. There you go, feel better now? Make sure you get a new box for tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections