Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 07:08 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
It didn't come off as trollish to me. It came across as someone who doesn't see any candidate they really want who has a chance of winning. A couple of candidates they feel are sub par but one is likely to win. Very similar to the way I feel although I think I lean more conservative.
Exactly. The troll here is the one bullying and bashing others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 07:09 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times
I vote for Trump because there's too much corruption otherwise. I don't want to encourage them any more.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:13 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
100% honesty here ---

I can't vote Hillary, it disturbs me to my core that you can't find Democrats upset about the primary being rigged, MSM being rigged, Hillary lying continually about the email scandal, having a maid print off classified info, etc... I agree with her on a few issues, but strongly disagree with her on others.

A vote for Hillary is a vote for a Banana Republic where we won't hold elites accountable and a vote for globalism.

Gary Johnson has too many issues where he takes irrational positions on or simply has no clue.

Trump is a pig, but would put Americans first. But he is a disgusting pig and a corrupt liar like Hillary. We need to change course as a country and he would do this, but character matters and his character scares me. I appreciate some Republicans pointing out his flaws, as he would be held more accountable by his base/MSM than Hillary.

I teach a lot of minority students that fear him as a "Hitler," which is a bit irrational, but I care a lot about my students and many actually "fear" him.

Jill Stein, I agree with some of her positions, but not all. She has no chance to win, but I at least think she is a decent human being.

Any help? Ideas?
Whoever instilled fearin thse students is aligned with the Obama/Hillary camp. You determined this fear to be irrational. Do you want to ensure HRC's election that is characterized by fear, myth, lies and corruption. by voting for Stein?

Trump's rep as a pig was based on an 11 year old private conversation. Have you ever said anything in a private conversation, taken out of context of the rest your life, that would cause people who don't know you to label you as an undesirable?

A trump lie vs a HRC lie is , 'the fish was this big' vs exposing national security secrets that put lives in danger.

Lies can be assigned to every public figure depending on how the words are spun. The gravity of the lies must be taken into account.

If Trump lies, the media will crucify him as they are opposed to him. And in that regard would be quitting their job as propaganda machine and returning to be the people's watchdog. So that is a built in safeguard.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:14 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I didn't know who I would vote for until I was standing at the poll. I have voted Democrat for many, many years, but I've had enough. I'm ready for a change.

I voted Trump.
I will bet that many hands will be hovering nervously over the choices in the voting booth, and it will be a snap decision to just choose and get out of there.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I didn't know who I would vote for until I was standing at the poll. I have voted Democrat for many, many years, but I've had enough. I'm ready for a change.

I voted Trump.
Voting for change seems to be the main factor in voting for Trump,problem is its not a given that a Trump presidency would necessarily equate to positive change.
If youd care to speak for Trump supporters what is it you want changed and how would these changes affect your life?

Old 11-08-2016, 07:18 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,975,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Jill Stein is a self serving clown.

If you care about the climate, it isn't even a close choice. If you care about the economy, it isn't a close choice.
People who actually care abourt the environment don't want flourides dumped on their soils, into their potable water. People who care about the environment don't worship at Hillary, Rockefeller, and co.'s 'carbon' tax raising globalist distactions.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:22 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Voting for change seems to be the main factor in voting for Trump,problem is its not a given that a Trump presidency would necessarily equate to positive change.
If youd care to speak for Trump supporters what is it you want changed and how would these changes affect your life?

Sometimes change doesn't have to be good or bad - it's just a change.

Kinda like dogs - sometimes all they want is attention. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative attention.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:23 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
100% honesty here ---

I can't vote Hillary, it disturbs me to my core that you can't find Democrats upset about the primary being rigged, MSM being rigged, Hillary lying continually about the email scandal, having a maid print off classified info, etc... I agree with her on a few issues, but strongly disagree with her on others.

A vote for Hillary is a vote for a Banana Republic where we won't hold elites accountable and a vote for globalism.

Gary Johnson has too many issues where he takes irrational positions on or simply has no clue.

Trump is a pig, but would put Americans first. But he is a disgusting pig and a corrupt liar like Hillary. We need to change course as a country and he would do this, but character matters and his character scares me. I appreciate some Republicans pointing out his flaws, as he would be held more accountable by his base/MSM than Hillary.

I teach a lot of minority students that fear him as a "Hitler," which is a bit irrational, but I care a lot about my students and many actually "fear" him.

Jill Stein, I agree with some of her positions, but not all. She has no chance to win, but I at least think she is a decent human being.

Any help? Ideas?
I voted for Trump. I knew I wasn't voting for Hillary. I wasn't sure I could pull the lever for him, and had been thinking about just voting for the down ballot races.

So I was really undecided until about 10 days ago. But after reading all the Wikileaks andbthe FBI finding make classified docs in yet another unsecure location, I decided the most important thing is to stop the corruption. The media will hound Trump if he wins. And Repubicans have already shown that they are willing to fight against him. The Dems, all the way up to the DNC chair and Congressional leaders have happily wallowed in the pond of corruption with Hillary.

So I voted Trump. I'm not happy with the choices, but Clinton does not need to be President.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
OP if you can't vote for any of the candidates then vote 3rd party

I would have done that if I didn't despise Trump as much as I do. If the choices had been Hillary or Rubio (Or Bush) I would had voted third party. Obviously you don't feel the same way. I've seen your posts for months.

We all have different experiences in life and while you think Trump will put America first I think all he will do is cut taxes for the rich, leave millions of people without insurance, and treat minorities as second class citizens. Sure Hillary is corrupt but you know what? We know who she is, not only we have access to her taxes, we even had access to her campaign's private emails. We don't know anything about Trump. He is not transparent. He never released his taxes.

Have you checked your ballot? Maybe there are other races that are important enough for you to vote. Remember it's not just a presidential race, you are also voting for your congressman and other things.

Old 11-08-2016, 07:31 AM

17,984 posts, read 27,442,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Whoever instilled fearin thse students is aligned with the Obama/Hillary camp. You determined this fear to be irrational. Do you want to ensure HRC's election that is characterized by fear, myth, lies and corruption. by voting for Stein?

Trump's rep as a pig was based on an 11 year old private conversation. Have you ever said anything in a private conversation, taken out of context of the rest your life, that would cause people who don't know you to label you as an undesirable?

A trump lie vs a HRC lie is , 'the fish was this big' vs exposing national security secrets that put lives in danger.

Lies can be assigned to every public figure depending on how the words are spun. The gravity of the lies must be taken into account.

If Trump lies, the media will crucify him as they are opposed to him. And in that regard would be quitting their job as propaganda machine and returning to be the people's watchdog. So that is a built in safeguard.

This exactly.

I wish they had a poll to Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump media bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections