Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 10:05 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What makes you think all Republicans are voting for Trump? This one is not, and I am not alone either ... believe me.

In the latest polls only about 80% of Republicans were backing Trump.
Correct, though that percentage may have ticked up due to Republicans "coming home" (I hate that expression). But over 91% of Democrats will vote for Hillary so there should be up to +11% net cross-votes in favor of Democrats. Trump may win the Independents in a squeaker.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 10:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump is looking good in Colorado, a state Hillary should have had wrapped up.

DENVER BUSINESS JOURNAL - After trailing registered Democrats since Colorado ballots were mailed out Oct. 17, Republicans in the state have taken the lead in early voting on the eve of Election Day.

Early Colorado voting: Republicans overtake Democrats; 1.85 million votes cast | 9news.com
It seems you assume all Republicans, and all unaffiliated voters vote for Trump.....

Old 11-08-2016, 10:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What makes you think all Republicans are voting for Trump? This one is not, and I am not alone either ... believe me.

In the latest polls only about 80% of Republicans were backing Trump.
Right, and it also looks like about 30% of CO voters are unaffiliated. I think they will ultimately decide who wins the State.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:37 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I said from the start that Colorado is going to Trump, people can talk about all the young people and hispanics all they want, but I know many Colorado Democrats, young people, and hispanics that are all voting for Trump and think Hillary should be in jail.
I do not know about young Hispanics but almost all the young Whites that I talked to are going for Trump, surprising since it is the opposite of what the media says. Many young people are really tuned in this election. Whether they vote or not is the question since many young people do not vote.

Regarding Hispanics, I have friends who are really anti-Trump and I do not blame them at all. All this stupid talk about Mexicans this and Mexicans that by Trump. If he just emphasized he was against illegal aliens he would be doing better with Hispanics but he turned it into a Mexican thing and so I think he lost not only Mexican-Americans but many other Hispanic-Americans as well.

I do not know Colorado politics so I am not sure why some Hispanics are supporting Trump as you say. I can see some Hispanics liking Trump's positions on for instance free trade or anti-Washington corruption. But my argument is that he could be doing a lot better.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:42 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,735 times
Colorado could wind up being the great liberal mistake. They supported the all vote-by-mail system because it would put a ballot in front of people who normally didn't vote, but their base moves around much more frequently and may not get the mail. Young people don't read much of their mail either. It would be truly ironic if this cost them the election.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:42 AM

1,400 posts, read 863,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I do not know about young Hispanics but almost all the young Whites that I talked to are going for Trump, surprising since it is the opposite of what the media says. Many young people are really tuned in this election. Whether they vote or not is the question since many young people do not vote.

Regarding Hispanics, I have friends who are really anti-Trump and I do not blame them at all. All this stupid talk about Mexicans this and Mexicans that by Trump. If he just emphasized he was against illegal aliens he would be doing better with Hispanics but he turned it into a Mexican thing and so I think he lost not only Mexican-Americans but many other Hispanic-Americans as well.

I do not know Colorado politics so I am not sure why some Hispanics are supporting Trump as you say. I can see some Hispanics liking Trump's positions on for instance free trade or anti-Washington corruption. But my argument is that he could be doing a lot better.
He has emphasized this, but the mainstream media refuses to acknowledge it.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:04 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Republican lead was 18,000+ headed in to the final day. (scroll down to the chart)

The Denver Post
That's just from "registered" Republicans. I think it's safe to assume that there is a fair number of Democrats that actually have some sense, integrity and character and will not vote for corrupt Hillary.

Old 11-08-2016, 02:41 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Colorado could wind up being the great liberal mistake. They supported the all vote-by-mail system because it would put a ballot in front of people who normally didn't vote, but their base moves around much more frequently and may not get the mail. Young people don't read much of their mail either. It would be truly ironic if this cost them the election.
We have in person voting too, early as well as today.

You'll have to kiss that little voter suppression fantasy bye-bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections