Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2016, 08:14 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,279,568 times

Advertisements

I think the focus of the vote should be on the Vice Presidents.

Going in, this is probably the highest % of chance that both candidates might not make it through 4 years of office - can you say impeachment?

Of course the next 4 years will probably slide by like the last 4, but still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 08:16 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,468 times
true that.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:18 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Exactly why even if I liked Trump I wouldn't vote for him and a running mate who believes in using public funds for 'conversion therapy', too much religious dogma for my taste.

Last edited by burdell; 11-08-2016 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-08-2016, 08:20 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Tough to say but they said the same about McCain eight years ago and he's still going strong,though the office does take its toll. I think Hillary will not be as stressed given she has been in federal government for awhile now, and is more than accustomed to public scrutiny. Obama looked pretty bad his first term in office, but as he earned his second term and learned the job, he started looking a lot healthier. Trump won't win but he also seems the type who won't let anything bother him (other than personal insults from anyone on the planet), so the internal stress factor which caused rapid aging in the office probably wouldn't affect him either.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

Going in, this is probably the highest % of chance that both candidates might not make it through 4 years of office - can you say impeachment?

outstanding post and theory. I too wonder if either candidate will last 4 years? I wouldn't expect either to run again if they do last that long.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Exactly why even if I liked Trump I wouldn't vote for him and a running mate who believes in using public funds for 'conversion therapy', too much religious dogma for my taste.
and many of us feel just the opposite. I think we could get through 4 years of Hillary without too much damage, but Kaine; OMG. As for the religious side of Pence, evangelical of not, isn't going to make or change a lot of what is now law. I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:48 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
outstanding post and theory. I too wonder if either candidate will last 4 years? I wouldn't expect either to run again if they do last that long.

We can certainly hope!

Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,687,365 times
I respect both Vice President. I respect equally what they have done in regards to some policies. I support Kaine for how he help fix Richmond up. Not sure with Pence; Heard he ran the State he was Governor in with economic responsibility.

However, Kaine is too liberal and Pence is like the Old Republican Party. Obama was a great guy, but didn't agree with his policies. Kaine I feel shares very similar political viewpoints. It's not terrible it's only a few year's toll next Election.

Pence again respect him. However, too much of the Old Republican Party with too much Religious influence in politics. Can't go for that.

The VPs don't sway me enough to change my vote from Third Party.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:54 AM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,650,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Could you just imagine if this was like "Groundhog Day" and we wound up going through this same thing with the same candidates in 4 years? I would surely be looking to move to a remote island in that case.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:01 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,794,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

That was another thought that came into my mind when voting. Both are not "spring chickens" and both have stuff they are dealing. I'm one to prepare for worse case scenario (because it usually happens to me ) so I had to look at them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections