Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:16 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Except we aren't picking our King, we don't have to swear loyalty to the President. You will head s/he is not my President until you die so get used to it.
It's true. We all have that freedom. But dividing the country from within is exactly what the terrorists want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 05:17 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
No doubt that I am extremely grateful to those that came before me, who enabled me to have the right to vote.

With that said though, I can't help but wonder what Susan B. Anthony would think about the idea being floated around in some parts that people should vote for Clinton because of her genitalia.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:29 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I sincerely wish it were another woman without all the baggage that Hillary brought to the party. Personally I don't care what sex you happen to be, if you're qualified and not a crook, liar or cheat then give it a go...
I think Geraldine Ferrarro, whose 1984 landslide defeat with Mondale, at least partly due to her family financial dealings, might have made a great POTUS as a first woman. Interesting that some three decades later we have 2 major candidates and their personal financial questionables are not that big a deal to most.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:33 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I am deeply grateful - and I hope some of you realize this, too - to be living at a time when I saw a woman be a major-party candidate for the presidency.

There are so many people I wish were alive to see this - my mother, Hillary's mother, Shirley Chisholm, Susan B. Anthony...
A shame she had to be a sociopathic corrupt power hungry monster huh?

Old 11-08-2016, 05:59 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I am deeply grateful - and I hope some of you realize this, too - to be living at a time when I saw a woman be a major-party candidate for the presidency.

There are so many people I wish were alive to see this - my mother, Hillary's mother, Shirley Chisholm, Susan B. Anthony...

I understand what you're saying BUT I don't feel that at all. If Hillary wins (and most likely than not she will win the election) she will take a very shady past and present to the highest level of government of the most powerful country. Many Americans think there's a halo around our government and nation and that corruption only happens in those other countries.

Nothing wrong at all with a female president or a female CEO. I'm for the best PERSON for the job. Hillary is far from this.

-Cheers.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:05 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
Hillary rigged the primary and was caught talking about rigging foreign elections in 2006. She believe the end justifies the means. That's not how democratic elections are supposed to work.\

Woman or not, she's a horrible person, at her core.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times
I don't care if a vagina or penis sits in the oval office, I care that its an trustworthy and honest human...we have no chance of that happening tonight.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:36 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
But she is undeniably the most qualified presidential candidate ever. How very interesting that the most qualified candidate just so happened to be a woman...

No, she's not. Not by a long shot. What makes her more qualified than FDR, JFK, Abraham Lincoln, LBJ? She's one of the most crooked and corrupt, though. She belongs in a camp with Nixon.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:39 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's just too bad they had to choose the most terrible woman in the Democratic Party for the honor.

Why not Amy Klobuchar or a handful of other women who are just as qualified and who's honor and honesty is solid?

What a horrible first female candidate.
Agreed! If I was a feminist I would not want Hillary to pave the way for female presidents. Men have George Washington, and women might have Hillary Clinton? That's a steep divide in quality. Btw I did vote for a woman, but not for Clinton. I am not voting for a candidate that is in bed with the big oil companies and big pharma, whether they have a vagina or a penis.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:42 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
No, she's not. Not by a long shot. What makes her more qualified than FDR, JFK, Abraham Lincoln, LBJ? She's one of the most crooked and corrupt, though. She belongs in a camp with Nixon.
Nixon had the decency to wait until after being elected to be corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections