Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:41 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times

Advertisements

And John McCain's stand on Illegal Immigration is What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I think we will see alot of talk on NAFTA at tonight's Ohio debate. Thats Obama's ACE in the hole because NAFTA is the reason for all the jobs that have been lost in Ohio. As recently as 2003 Hillary called NAFTA a "Victory For President Clinton". She can try to spin that all she wants but that facts are that she said that in her own book. Her support for NAFTA could seriously hurt her chances for winning Ohio and Obama is already leading in the polls in Texas. She loses these two states and shes out for sure.
Where did you see this? Your in NC and I am in Ohio. NAFTA didnt kill jobs here, what killed all the good steel mill jobs and manufacturing jobs were imports and 4 years of Jimmy Carter. More steel mills, glassware and pottery manufacturers went out from 1977-1980 then any other time. They went and Ohio has have never recovered.

Dont listen to the goofs pushing this NAFTA crap because it was drummed up just to give Obama an edge and it is an outright lie. NAFTA wasnt even around when the jobs left Ohio for good.

Dont listen to the media on this, it is a made up bunch of crap to hand Obama something to hammer at her with.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
Why WON'T Hillary disclose her tax returns? What could possibly be so bad?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:12 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,040 times
Haha, so far it's looking more interesting than the last debate.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
OMG Hilary,

I have nothing against you but some of the things you are saying are making you sound whiney. Don't give truth to the things people say about you.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I personally watched a once prosperous, beautiful, all-American small town in North Carolina die as a DIRECT result of NAFTA within a 10 year period, a RECENT 10 year period. Textile mills, electronic plants, and other manufacturing jobs were closed one after another, and the companies went directly to Mexico. The town, and the economy there, has NEVER recovered, and it doesn't look like it ever will. Weeds grow up through the empty parking lots where generations of Americans earned good livings for their families. Competition is fierce for rinky-dink retail and table waiting jobs that pay NOTHING. Most of those jobs are part-time with no benefits. NO NEW INDUSTRIES have come in to replace the jobs lost. Oh, unless you count the China-mart distribution center, and the Direct T.V. call center. Meanwhile, Mexican workers are streaming over our borders becuase they don't WANT to work for the plants we have moved over there for $1.00 and hour. They can't survive on that either. THERE'S your NAFTA.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 PM

526 posts, read 1,481,529 times
Default Was There a Winner

So who do you think won? I am not a Democrat so I watched the debate as an outside spectator.

I don't think either one of the two candidates scored a knock out. Was it necessary for Clinton to do so in order to do well next week?

My wife who IS a Dem thought Hillary did quite well.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
So who do you think won? I am not a Democrat so I watched the debate as an outside spectator.

I don't think either one of the two candidates scored a knock out. Was it necessary for Clinton to do so in order to do well next week?

My wife who IS a Dem thought Hillary did quite well.

This debate was probably the least interesting of all 20. Wonkish, nit-picky, and bickering over details. Neither of them looked bad. But Hillary certainly didn't land the knockout blow she needed to regain some momentum.

I think she'll be done by this time next week.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:54 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
Anyone with any lick of common sense can see that Hillary has the experience, knowledge and know how "hands down" and is the "best man for the job"! Why does everybody fall for the superficial crappola? Use the gray matter for once otherwise you will end up with a "player" running for President.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:02 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
I Agree, Cookiemeister. Obama Would Be A Disaster, Almost As Bad As The Pile Of ---- We Have In There Now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections